TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Mik

MLB: Week 1 (4/2-4/9)

Guest NYankees
The bizzare thing is that Rodriguez routinely performs in the clutch. He singlehandedly beat the Twins in the 2004 ALDS. In game four of the ALCS that year, Rodriguez's two run home run was the reason Mariano Rivera had a damn save to blow in the first place. Rodriguez has a higher postseason on base percentage and slugging percentage than Derek Jeter. Situations? A-Rod in his career is a .302 hitter with the bases empty and a .304 hitter with runners in scoring position.

Al, I am a diehard Yankees fan but you do have to take some things into account. I am not here bashing anybody but I am just going to state a couple of facts. Jeter faced better pitching in the playoffs than Arod. Last time I checked Jeter faced the braves twice in the world series, the Diamondbacks with Johnson and Schilling, Pedro several times. I am not going to state that so and so is better but it is easier for one to have lower numbers when they have a ton of at bats against future hall of fame pitching in Maddux, Glavine, Smoltz, Pedro, Johnson and Schilling.

Guest Princess Leena
1 Rodriguez, Alex $ 21,680,727 New York Yankees

2 Jeter, Derek $ 20,600,000 New York Yankees

I thought A-Rod was making like $25 million.

And what a joke. Jeter is so SELFISH for wanting equal money.

1 Rodriguez, Alex $ 21,680,727 New York Yankees

2 Jeter, Derek $ 20,600,000 New York Yankees

I thought A-Rod was making like $25 million.

And what a joke. Jeter is so SELFISH for wanting equal money.

The Yankees-Rangers deal for A-Rod worked in that the Rangers had to take on some of the $25 million a season A-Rod was making a season at that point, and I believe that some of Rodriguez's salary was deferred until after he retired or what have you

Derek Lowe has ADD. Don't know why that's important or anything, but he does.

It could explain why one inning he looks great and the next it looks like he's being distracted by a fly buzzing around his head.

Guest Strider_18

Aaron Miles is 2-2 so far. Who would have guessed?

On the other side, J-Roll is 0-3.

The streak is officially over. It was a good run, but I would've preferred to see it end in the same season it began.

Mets unveiled the images of their new stadium today. Ground will be broken on it this summer.

http://newyork.mets.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/nym...rk_overview.jsp

I rather like it. Looks a hell of a lot better than Shea (even if it's an unashamed ripoff of Ebbets Field), and at least there won't be those useless bars criss-crossing the field level seats anymore. The only thing I'm scratching my head over is the 391' to right center. Also, I'm pretty sure the 300' to right is a typo and it's actually going to be 330'.

I'll definitely try and get down their during the first season to get the full experience. It's interesting that they'll be punishing lefties/opposite field power righties with those dimensions since that's essentially the exact opposite of the wheelhouse of the current team.

It's possible the 300' down the line isn't a typo, but I hope it is. I don't want any "Yankee Stadium" homers down the RF line.

It's tough getting swept, but the Cards seem like an absolute juggernaught at times. Albert Pujols is the best damned hitter I may have ever seen. I think they can get by with their corner outfield. Encarnacion isn't a great player, but he certainly isn't bad. If they can find a real second baseman or left fielder they'll win 100 games.

Joe Morgan rants about how he thinks you should always walk the eighth hitter to get to the pitcher with two outs and RISP. The Mets do that and Ramon Ortiz winds up hitting a dribbler to Pedro, who throws it away and we're tied at two.

Guest Princess Leena

Juggernaut. Unless that was intentional, which I doubt.

I worry about their hitting this year, though. Just doesn't look like a lot of firepower outside of Pujols and Rolen. Their pitching may be enough, though. Ponson will lead them to victory.

Real interesting single A pitching matchup tonight in the Florida State League. A.J. Burnett makes a rehab start for Dunedin and opposes Cole Hamels and the Clearwater Threshers.

Derek Lowe has ADD. Don't know why that's important or anything, but he does.

It was news because he takes Adderall for it, which is on the banned substances list. Lowe, of course, has a doctor's prescription, which exempts him from the rule.

Juggernaut. Unless that was intentional, which I doubt.

I worry about their hitting this year, though. Just doesn't look like a lot of firepower outside of Pujols and Rolen. Their pitching may be enough, though. Ponson will lead them to victory.

I wouldn't. Pujols is just a machine. Even his outs make your heart drop most times. Rolen's return is like a big trade that didn't really happen. Edmonds will probably continue his regression, but with Pujols and Rolen in there, everyone around them instantly becomes better.

Man, Frank's pissed. He should be grateful for the baserunners Pedro's giving 'em. They're certainly not getting on base any other way tonight...

Edit: Me and my big mouth.

Kris Benson - 7 IP 2 ER 4 hits

Os 0 runs 3 hits

This always seems to happen with the Orioles..a good pitching performance is matched by an even better one from the other team. Im hoping the D-rays go to their bullpen but the way Hendrickson has been pitching, he might go the distance..just to avoid the pen..

ugh

Guest Princess Leena

The Braves pitching continues to be dreadful. What's going on there. Somehow, they're 2-2, though.

I like Frank Robinson as well, but I think he gets a little too much credit for that intensity. The MASN announcers were literally saying that he was responsible for Nick Johnson's home run just now.

Guest NYankees
More Dodgers funs: Eric Gagne needs surgery again.

Hmmmmm was Gagne on steroids too???

Well, that'll put the end to the boos. At least for a little while.

These curtain calls are getting really old really quick though.

I hate to keep adding to this post, but now they're chanting MVP with Wright up to bat. I can see why Mets fans are widely regarded as assholes around the league.