TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Mik

MLB: Week 1 (4/2-4/9)

Frank Robinson gets much more credit than he deserves. 15 years and he has never managed a club to the postseason.

Good news for Philly fans. Cole Hamels pitched six scoreless, giving up three hits and striking out seven.

The MASN announcers have been spouting ridiculous hyperbole for the past few days, but in this case they're right. The Mets pitchers have been plugging Nationals hitters all series, and the first time a Nationals pitcher hits a Met, he gets ejected.

Now it looks like Frank Robinson's going to get ejected, too.

I think I just saw a scrolling graphic on ESPN's Bottom Line which said that the Tigers hit 15 HR's in their first 3 games, which is a MLB record. That's insane.

More Dodgers funs: Eric Gagne needs surgery again.

At least they have Baez, so I'm not that worried about it. He won't be there next year, so his 10 million dollars can go to a power hitter. It's probably a good thing.

Still sucks, the guy was so dominant a few years ago and now this. I assume he was probably roiding.

Here's hoping Broxton develops soon.

I love watching the Cubs/Cardinals games, and switching between WGN and FSN Midwest to hear the different reactions from each team's announcers. Makes it more enjoyable, for some reason.

So 5-0 Cubbies. Kind of brought me back down to earth after that sweep. But then, the Cubs won 10 out of 16 against the Cardinals last year, so I shouldn't be too surprised, I guess.

Pat Hughes: "Sometimes our fans give us things for good luck, right here we have a picture of a white dog with a Cubs emblem on it."

Ron Santo: "Now what is that, a poodle?"

Pat Hughes: "It may be a bichon frise."

Ron Santo: "Maybe it's a Maltese."

Randy Hundley: "I think it looks gay. Does that dog look gay to anyone else?"

Pat Hughes: "There's the first gay puppy reference of 2006."

wonderful. I'd want Randy as a third man in the booth if his drawling mumbling didn't remind me of Mike Shannon and Hawk Harrelson.

Gagne is out for 6 to 8 weeks per douchebag Steve Lyons on the Dodger broadcast.

I don't think Ryan Howard's too great defensively, and if he is, he still makes rookie mistakes.

Fasano put Floyd in a lot of trouble with that bonehead play, and I don't know if Gavin's gonna make it out of the inning.

Gavin makes me nervous every time out. He had as awful a year in AAA as any pitcher I've ever seen, and I got to see 6-7 of those starts live. And the AAA stat line usually doesn't show that he also hit 19 batters.

Dammit. I still like the Loney kid, and he's going to be playing a lot until Izturis comes back.

For god sakes. Even Grady Little thinks Floyd should be taken out. Get off your ass Charlie.

And may I also add that we keep three lefties in the bullpen so we can bring in a righty against J.D. Drew with the bases loaded. We really should just forfeit this game and save our pitchers, because Manuel is obviously not trying to win it.

That thread about who's going to be fired first, I'd like to change my pick to Manuel. He's going to be gone before the end of the month.

So, that Sal Fasano, he can't even swing his bat without fucking up. Of course, then he hits a HR. Ha.

Tomko sucks.

Haha, that was quite the turnaround for Fasano.

Also, Jose Reyes apparently learned to hit over the offseason. That's encouraging.

Haha, that was quite the turnaround for Fasano.

Also, Jose Reyes apparently learned to hit over the offseason. That's encouraging.

He did have 190 hits last year. Jose's big issue is that he never took any walks, but as long as he gets on base at a significantly higher clip than his .303 career mark I don't really care how he does it.

Well sure, but that's 190 hits over 696 at-bats for a .273 average. That's not bad, but it's underwhelming. And by saying he learned to hit, I also meant that he seemed to have learned a bit of plate discipline, which should give both his average and on-base percentage a nice boost.

After every Mets HR, they play reggaeton throughout the stadium. I like when Wright hits one out.

Well sure, but that's 190 hits over 696 at-bats for a .273 average. That's not bad, but it's underwhelming. And by saying he learned to hit, I also meant that he seemed to have learned a bit of plate discipline, which should give both his average and on-base percentage a nice boost.

I know, I'd much rather take 170 hits and 80 BBs from Jose as opposed to 190 and I think 27. Mr. Wright just sent one over the left field bleachers. That one Billy Wagner episode aside this has been a nice opening week thus far for the Mets.