TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Cherry Blossom Viscount

When Did Dames Stop Being Cool?

Was it after he relinquished control of the board to our current cyborg overlord, or, was it that he was never really too cool to begin with and people just sucked up to him because he was well, "the owner of the board?"

I'm wondering because the Dames backlash was brutal. I mean, I've seen some sniping at Dames back when he was Admin because he wouldn't show up for awhile, but once he did everyone was like; "DAMES~!," "omg dames i love u have my children," and "dames i'll throw myself infront of a moving spider for you!"

Dames has always been a pretty cool guy in my opinion, though he seemed a bit average compared to the other "stronger personalities" on the board and I just figured it was because people wanted to stay in his good graces for that elusive moderator position. Perhaps I was right.

Dames was only made cool by the various photoshopped images of him that Piss made. I just can't find a guy that gets sick off of two Chicken McNuggets to be cool.

You mean there are people that can stomach those things? :throwup:

Guest Vitamin X

Same thing happened with Zack Malibu, by the way. Used to be a cool guy, same thing that happened to Dames happened to him.

I blame Myspace.

I...I can't comprehend this.

I can't believe how hard hit I was by this episode tonight.

I considered Shane to be one of my favorite characters tonight and that scene with Lem....from the moment they hugged, I felt something was off.

In one instant, he turned himself 100% heel better than any moment I've seen in professional wrestling in about a decade.

I FEEL HURT. I FEEL BETRAYED.

Part of me feels absolutely silly for feeling this way about a fucking TV show, but dammit, I've put so much time and emotion into these characters that this simply broke my heart.

I dont think I've ever felt this HURT from watching a show in my life.

That scene will go down in my life as probably the most defining moment of TV that I'll ever watch.

Dames

Dames stopped being cool sometime between thinking those words & hitting the post button.

When were people on this board cool or uncool? Besides his pissy-fit Leena thread, he seemed to be well put together. He probablt still is. He just made a dumbass post.

That's all it takes in my world, Special ... one strike and you're out.

Luckily, though, I have really shitty memory (both long AND short term) so someone's cool or uncool status is quickly forgotten.

I...I can't comprehend this.

I can't believe how hard hit I was by this episode tonight.

I considered Shane to be one of my favorite characters tonight and that scene with Lem....from the moment they hugged, I felt something was off.

In one instant, he turned himself 100% heel better than any moment I've seen in professional wrestling in about a decade.

I FEEL HURT. I FEEL BETRAYED.

Part of me feels absolutely silly for feeling this way about a fucking TV show, but dammit, I've put so much time and emotion into these characters that this simply broke my heart.

I dont think I've ever felt this HURT from watching a show in my life.

That scene will go down in my life as probably the most defining moment of TV that I'll ever watch.

Dames

Dames stopped being cool sometime between thinking those words & hitting the post button.

See, I don't get the issue with someone getting vested in a tv show. It's the same thing as getting vested in a good book, or anything else. If anything, it shows the writers and actors are doing their job to provoke these emotions in their viewers.

So he posted about it on the internet? Big whoop. I've seen a lot worse around these parts.

Guest StylesMark

Since someone on a messageboard has called him "uncool"...I'm leaning to that making him "cooler" than he was before.

Oh, and he doesn't own the board, so most of you no longer feel the need to latch onto his balls.

The only way that post could be more ironic is if it was coming from Banky.

What's your fucking problem, anyway? I don't think I've even so much as acknowledged you before. Not intentionally, at least. What's my act? Clue me in here. I'm not the guy who has to repeatedly profess how message boards are SO uncool and SO unimportant and SO inconsequential to my life, which I do in such a way that takes 41 posts and makes me the most active member of the day. If TSM is so uncool/unimportant/inconsequential, why do you regularly post like 40 times a day, in addition to your previous act in which you spammed the board like thirty times. Don't play the too-cool-for-school card when you're the PRINCE PAUL RULES ALL!!!!!!!!!!!! READ POETRY MOTHERFUCKERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! guy. Geez. But that's a different story. What the hell is the Jet guy's beef with me?

:bubbles:

Czech, chill dawg.

What's your fucking problem, anyway? I don't think I've even so much as acknowledged you before. Not intentionally, at least. What's my act? Clue me in here. I'm not the guy who has to repeatedly profess how message boards are SO uncool and SO unimportant and SO inconsequential to my life, which I do in such a way that takes 41 posts and makes me the most active member of the day. If TSM is so uncool/unimportant/inconsequential, why do you regularly post like 40 times a day, in addition to your previous act in which you spammed the board like thirty times. Don't play the too-cool-for-school card when you're the PRINCE PAUL RULES ALL!!!!!!!!!!!! READ POETRY MOTHERFUCKERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! guy. Geez. But that's a different story. What the hell is the Jet guy's beef with me?

that was bad. almost as bad as stylesmark. almost. relax.

adam's obsession with me is humorous, too. i'm not interested,

When we're done pinpointing when Dames stopped being cool, can we do me next?

You'd have to start being cool first.

Fight me niskie! :fight2:

Fight me niskie! :fight2:

Boston to Lincoln is just under 1500 miles; the biggest city at nearly halfway is Columbus, OH (it's actually a little closer to your sorry ass, Jugs, giving you a little it of an advantage. A much needed advantage, I might add).

When do you want to meet for our brawl?

I don't have any more vacation time, we'll have to wait till they fire my sorry ass. :(

But that gives you time to get prepared.

To prepare for our epic battle, Carni, I'll fight every Juggalo that has the misfortune of crossing my path.

Of course, it'll mean that I'll be fighting middle-school kids because most people outgrow that crap by the time they finish puberty.

Dork.

Ouch. That one cuts pretty deep. I won't explain my love for ICP, as my explanation will draw more laughter than the simple fact I still listen to them. I'm just gonna bow outta this one.

Oh, wait, I didn't mean to throw such a kill-shot so early in our mock-flame war. Let me retract that one and offer a replacement diss.

Is your hair a safe target? Your home state? Your fear of living in the projects?