TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest tony manero

A major April Fool's gag involving Bret Hart to go down?

Guest tony manero

Either he won't show up and the joke will be on Vince and WWE....OR Vince will order Shawn Michaels to caper around on the stage during Bret's speech with the old WWF title in his hand. Or, better yet, Vince will cut Bret's microphone off. I mean, think about it...this will be Bret's ONLY WWE appearance ever. Vince has NOTHING to lose, and has already made all the money he could make off Bret with the DVD.

Vince always wants the last laugh and has said several times that he would screw Bret all over again if he had to relive that day.

Guest tony manero

Oh, and Bret can't sue if he gets screwed again, because he refused to sign ANY of the contracts that WWE offered him.

He's doing the Hall of Fame and Hall of Fame Banquet FOR FREE.

No way, everybody is looking forward to it. The wrestlers in the back wouldn't allow it to happen and also if HBK did that then they might as well scrap the HBK/McMahon match the day after.

Plus, Vince likes to think of the WWE HOF as like the be all end all for wrestling. It's like the only thing he takes seriously. In the ring it's all just the "show" or "circus" or whatever, but he feels like he's getting some type of credibility by having a real Hall of Fame.

It would truly be one of the worst things to happen if they actually did pull some kind of fast one. Then again, Bret could always no show.

I honestly don't think Vince has the balls to do anything to fuck over Bret's farewell speech and if he did anything the locker room would fuck over his Wrestlemania card. Plus a whole lot of people would demand their money back for the HOF ticket they bought. It's to risky for Vince to pull anything at the Hall of Fame tonight, he'd be the stupidest person in the world if he did anything now.

I'm torn on this one...on the one hand this is a huge deal for Vince. This is the one part of the business that Vince treats very seriously.

On the other hand, it is April Fool's Day and we're talking about the same man who thought a retarded wrestler gimmick was a GREAT idea.

I'm a bit torn on this one. I can't see it going down on one hand as Vince and WWE really tried hard to get Bret to do the HofF stuff. But was he just doing that as he genuinely wanted him in it or wanted to humiliate him?

People are saying that if Vince were to fuck over Bret then wrestlers would walk out on WM. I thought that too but then I though back to Montreal. How many wrestlers actually walked out? Rick Rude? That was it really. If no one walked out then why would anyone walk out now when there is no WCW to go work for?

Anyway, I don't think anything will really happen tonight but it should be good to hear Bret's speech.

Guest Brian
I'm a bit torn on this one. I can't see it going down on one hand as Vince and WWE really tried hard to get Bret to do the HofF stuff. But was he just doing that as he genuinely wanted him in it or wanted to humiliate him?

People are saying that if Vince were to fuck over Bret then wrestlers would walk out on WM. I thought that too but then I though back to Montreal. How many wrestlers actually walked out? Rick Rude? That was it really. If no one walked out then why would anyone walk out now when there is no WCW to go work for?

Foley and all of Hart's family flew home before RAW the night after, and all were talking of quitting, plus most of the roster was talking about boycotting if Bret didn't intervene.

Personally, if something goes down, I think it's as simple as HBK getting his ass beat. Fooled me one, shame on you. Ain't gonna get it by twice, embarassing Bret on such a big stage. And Shawn still has his enemies and Bret still has his friends, most notably Austin, who at this point is past needing Vince to survive.

Foley and all of Hart's family flew home before RAW the night after, and all were talking of quitting, plus most of the roster was talking about boycotting if Bret didn't intervene.

Personally, if something goes down, I think it's as simple as HBK getting his ass beat. Fooled me one, shame on you. Ain't gonna get it by twice, embarassing Bret on such a big stage. And Shawn still has his enemies and Bret still has his friends, most notably Austin, who at this point is past needing Vince to survive.

If something did go down, I doubt it would involve HBK. That would ruin the WM match between him and Vince. On the other hand, if Vince did anything (maybe with the help of HHH), that would fuel their match at WM.

I said from the start that the date was too much of a coincidence for it not to involve something stupid along the lines of an April Fool's joke...

Maybe Mini-Bret will come out first or something...

We've had two WrestleManias take place on this day and Vince had enough self control to not take advantage of those.

I said from the start that the date was too much of a coincidence for it not to involve something stupid along the lines of an April Fool's joke...

We've had two WrestleManias take place on this day and Vince had enough self control to not take advantage of those.

April fool's day is a good Mania day. WMX7 and VI. The best mania ever and one of the biggest main events ever occur on that day. This will be the 4th Mania to occur on April 2nd. (V, XI, 2000)

That's not so much of a great Mania day aside from two hot main events.

Why this won't happen:

-Ruins the legacy of the Hall of Fame that he's started to built the past few years. He'll have to enjoy having someone like Koko B. Ware being the headline next year.

-Wrestlers and other workers in the company would be irate, which would cause the possibility of conflicting with Wrestlemania the next night which is Vince's baby. Especially with the odds are that Eddie's induction is going to be right before Bret's, you're telling me that he's going to pull an April Fool's joke after possibly the most emotional moment in the history of the company?

-Vince has specific ad revenue coming in just for the Hall of Fame (look on WWE.com), mostly for the draw of Bret being in. Also USA Network is broadcasting, mainly because of Bret/Eddie which also brings in more ad revenue than normal for a Saturday Night. If he were to pull a stunt like this he'd have to answer to them. All of them.

-Vince was not public in 1997. He would not get away with something like the Montreal Screwjob today because he has investors and stock holders to answer too. It would be funny seeing Linda try to answer her way around it at the next conference call if something like this were to happen.

-Fans would demand refunds and be totally irate which would cause business to go down. Have fun running Canada anytime soon without a backlash.

I could keep going but something this big. We aren't talking about them bait-and-switch Booker T/Rock on Raw in early 03. We are talking about Bret Hart's fucking return to the WWF/E to give his farewell speech.

That's something he will not mess with. Vince would recieve a bigger backlash from this as opposed to if he just randomly decided to cancel Cena/HHH and forfeit the title to Triple H because John Cena sucks.

No, no Austin will walk out after not being allowed to drink a beer and toast Bret, which will lead to Vince having to induct him, but mid-speech, Vince changes his mind and decides not to induct him.

I wish that this year's WrestleMania card was an April Fool's joke, and tonight they'll let all of us in on it and finally announce the real lineup.

I wish that this year's WrestleMania card was an April Fool's joke, and tonight they'll let all of us in on it and finally announce the real lineup.

Tonight is the night Eddie comes out to accept his award and Vince lets out a huge laugh having fooled all of us.

The X-7 Gimmick Battle Royal should count..I bet he told everyone involved that it was gonna be a big serious part of the show..