TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Downhome

OAO WrestleMania 22 thread - 4/2/06

Fuck the haters. Vince realized that the promotion needs a future, and anyone who wanted HHH as the champion again is a goddamn retard.

Why does it have to be Cena? Cena has failed. In monumental fashion. MOVE ON TO THE NEXT GUY.

There is no NEXT GUY, thanks to the person most of you fools were cheering for.

I love how Trips is sitting there with his fur, helmet and throne full of skulls....holding a bottle of water. He needs to start using that huge Olaf hammer.

I can't believe people are hating on barbarian HHH and gangster Cena. It's so cool, everyone should get these entrances.

There is no such thing as a good "psycho" gimmick in wrestling.

You never saw Waylon Mercy.

I second this........Waylon Mercy, imo, was one of the best characters ever in WWE (cape fear rip-off), but that thing that made it so amazing was the way Dan Spivey played it. He played it PERFECTLY. From the smiles, and calm voice walking down the aisle, to the shaking hands, to the face he would make when he would put on the sleeper.

The character, person playing it, wardrobe, and music were all terrific.

Guest Dam(o)nYankees
I love how Trips is sitting there with his fur, helmet and throne full of skulls....holding a bottle of water. He needs to start using that huge Olaf hammer.

I can't believe people are hating on barbarian HHH and gangster Cena. It's so cool, everyone should get these entrances.

Its mainly me. I just feel that yes, we know its fake. Do you HAVE to beat us over the head with that?

I can deal with diabolical secret meetings in front of cameras and using trashcan lids as weapons, but this is going too far.

Real people do not do this

thhhor5uk.jpg

Why, on the biggest show of the year, really the show that you try to use to get a couple casuals hooked, must the biggest characters in the company show up dressed like that? I have a friend who i'm slowly turning into a fan. I can tell you if he saw that costume, he would have dismissed the whole show out of hand. He looks ridiculous. What the hell kind of real, breathing rational person does that?

Lashley looked like a roided up Orlando Jordan or Tony Atlas to me.

I can see people saying he looks like Tony Atlas.

But Orlando? No.

Just because they are both black doesn't mean they look like each other.

Fuck the haters. Vince realized that the promotion needs a future, and anyone who wanted HHH as the champion again is a goddamn retard.

Why does it have to be Cena? Cena has failed. In monumental fashion. MOVE ON TO THE NEXT GUY.

Carlito, is probably the only guy left on Raw with any sense of charisma and ability to connect with a crowd that hasn't been buried by Trips.

Interesting tidbit. Angle has lost the Euro, IC and WH titles at a Wrestlemania without being pinned there.

Anglesault would notice a thing like that

Was Rey not over as much due to SD! not sweetening the audio for him or that the Mexicans couldn't afford the WM prices?

they were all protesting the immigration laws to worry about pro wrestling :cheers:

Guest Dam(o)nYankees

There is no NEXT GUY,

Find one. This man has failed. Keeping it on him out of spite helps nothing. Doesn't help the company. Doesn't help Cena. Yes, Hunter is at fault for the state thet theyre in. But you need to get the belt off Cena for the greater good.

Carlito, is probably the only guy left on Raw with any sense of charisma and ability to connect with a crowd that hasn't been buried by Trips.

I dont know why they are holding him back, but if they let him wrestle more like he did in the match vs RVD where he busted out that springboard corkscrew thing on RVD..

I don't feel like finding the answer in this mess but was Flair really injured in the MITB? and how serious?

I think it's safe to say no. When he started walking out, I was really afraid they were going to let him win.

I don't feel like finding the answer in this mess but was Flair really injured in the MITB? and how serious?

I doubt it. It was just a clever way to have him come back fresh later on and pop the crowd for his return.

Guest Arnold_OldSchool

HHH's costume could be rationalized by saying he was absorbed in the King of Kings persona he is developing in his head. He feels that he the dominant male of the WWE. Plus Cena was beneath him and he had time to focus on elaborate costumes, since Cena wasn't a threat to him or a challenge.

But then out comes Cena dressed up as well...and damn it now we have hokey pro wrestling

Chicago had part of the WM where a man in drag fought a 500 pound hillbilly so they are 2 for 3

I doubt it. It was just a clever way to have him come back fresh later on and pop the crowd for his return.

I thought he was gonna come out at the end, he was only gone for about 3 minutes.

Am I the only one who noticed that 'Taker kinda missed his target off the plancha? He damn near smacked his head right onto the floor.

Maybe next year, he'll get that WM classic he wants because tonight sure wasn't.

Guest Dam(o)nYankees
HHH's costume could be rationalized

No it can't. A grown man was wearing a really bad Halloween costume in public. Hunter's character has never been that he's eccentric or prone to massive mental breakdowns that would result in that. Nothing he has said or done has ever made me think "He's so far our of his mind that it'd make sense for him to show up dressed like Thor sitting in a throne". Hell, if it was just the chair, it'd be almost okay. But Christ he looked like a fool and I felt like an idiot devoting my time to something that endorses that.

And then Cena came out.

And the two people we're supposed to care about more than anyone else are playing dress up on the biggest stage.

I think they could have stopped at the throne, but Conan he's not

EDIT: I'm watching the post-game, and dear god could you get the any more intellectually devoid fans to interview...IT'S STILL REAL TO ME DAMMIT!

You know what pissed me off about the McMahon/HBK match? Ross and King, completely ignored the story they (I think) were trying to tell.

The whole purpose of the angle (from what I gathered) was that McMahon wanted Shawn to be the guy he was in 1997, the crazy and cocky arrogant rock n roll superstar but Shawn "grew" up. McMahon, resented that Shawn had moved on from his most memorable event of his life.

Through-out the match, Shawn broke down into the man Vince was trying to lure. Shawn, returned to his cocky and crazy rock n roll superstar antics.

Breaking out the crotch chops, the constant mocking was Shawn falling back into his old ways.

But that will be completely ignored and Shawn will go back to be good christian Shawn.

Guest Arnold_OldSchool
I think JBL needs to grow out his character because he's been in the same place for 2 years and I hate the "WRESTLING GOD!!!" line. I think a Face JBL vs. Heel Randy Orton would be something to see. I dunno how well it would draw, but in theory, in my mind, it works pretty darn well.

I don't think the chubby JBL will work as a face. As a heel it adds to his persona as he's a wrestling GAWD...yet looks like crap so we boo him for lying and cheating to make up for his lack of gym work and real skill

Carlito's win-loss record might be considered a burial by someone, though.

Guest Arnold_OldSchool

HHH's costume could be rationalized

No it can't. A grown man was wearing a really bad Halloween costume in public. Hunter's character has never been that he's eccentric or prone to massive mental breakdowns that would result in that. Nothing he has said or done has ever made me think "He's so far our of his mind that it'd make sense for him to show up dressed like Thor sitting in a throne". Hell, if it was just the chair, it'd be almost okay. But Christ he looked like a fool and I felt like an idiot devoting my time to something that endorses that.

And then Cena came out.

And the two people we're supposed to care about more than anyone else are playing dress up on the biggest stage.

Ok anglesault i know the game fight in circles until you win by attrition. Congrats. I quit.

Guest hasbeen

I enjoyed most of it. The tag titles have to get off two steamrollers and onto a tag team, not dominating individuals, by hook or by crook. Boogeyman, pillow fight, didn't expect much in the ring going in so wasn't disappointed. Boogeyman is still one of my favorite segments each week. As for the costumers, have you ever seen the costumes Redskins running back Clinton Portis wears each week during the season on media day? No, he doesn't wear them before games, but then again, pro football isn't predetermined. I like the "Thor" outfit in at least it was saying he being compared to a Norse mythology god and not the Christian king of kings, that was getting offensive and I'm not easily offended. And yes, I know Thor wasn't a king of mythological gods, but it fit in this case.

But that will be completely ignored and Shawn will go back to be good christian Shawn.

Maybe not. On the post-WM show, he said he's been goody two shoes for years and it could be time to do something different.