TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Red Baron

What type of BBQ do you like the best???

I like any kind that emphasizes pull-apart beef brisket and pork. Just a meat stew in sauce. I have to say, only a local joint (and yes, local is Seattle) makes a spicy sauce that can adequatley burn my ass.

I like charcoal from a taste perspective but gas is nicer from an easy to clean perspective. And the flavored grills are cool as well.

Charcoal gives the food a more unique taste but is a pain to clean up. Since I am lazy I use a gas grill.

I am a Weber man, I get gas to taste like food off of charcoal. The problem people have with gas is cheap ass grills that fall apart in 1 year, and no lock of steam because they press a burger to get a "flame kiss".

We have a meat smoker that uses Mesquite chips. Not technically a BBQ, but really nice to have. Smells good while you use it, too.

I prefer charcoal's taste, but we have a gas BBQ at the parents house. I'm not allowed to BBQ at my apartment complex, which really sucks.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

I can't taste a difference.

I like hacked up pork all gooey with sauce.

Exploding sparkling wood gives a nice smokey flavor to the meat, no sause needed. If you're going to grill using gas then you might as well cook inside cause there is no difference between the ordinary oven and the typical smug smell your own farts propane setup.

PS: Bobby Flay is a moron.

Good gas grills and Charcoal grills can give off the same taste. It comes down to flavor of the seasons and high grilling everything. I can have ribs come off either gas or charcoal and not have people knowing which is which.

BTW: Never clean a charcoal or gas grill 100%. 80 to 90% is more than enough, get the large chunks but keep the film. That aids in the flavor.