TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
MillenniumMan831

WWE 24/7 Online Update for April 2006

WWE RAW - Papa Shango vs. Scott Taylor April 12, 1993 | Approx. run time: 3 mins.

Papa Shango is certainly one of the most bizarre Superstars to ever compete in WWE. The master of voodoo was able to gain a psychological advantage over his opponents and then overpowered them inside the ring. He takes on a young Scotty 2 Hotty in this RAW match.

WWE RAW - Bret Hart vs. Stone Cold April 21, 1997 | Approx. run time: 14 mins.

Bret “Hit Man” Hart and Stone Cold Steve Austin have had some of the most memorable matches in WWE history. Their match at WrestleMania 13 is considered an all-time great. But this classic RAW clash is right up there as well.

WCW Slamboree - Gorgeous George vs. Charles Robinson May 9, 1999 | Approx. run time: 18 mins.

Charles Robinson is known as one of the most energetic referees on the SmackDown roster. But he’s no stranger to in-ring competition as well. This was his first-ever match, taking on Randy Savage’s valet, Gorgeous George. Could “Little Natch” win his debut match?

WWE SmackDown - Torrie’s Playboy Coming Out Party April 3, 2003 | Approx. run time: 5 mins.

Torrie Wilson held a big Playboy Coming Out Party on SmackDown but was rudely interrupted by WWE’s first-ever Playboy Cover Girl Sable. Check out how Sable returned to WWE and immediately got into a confrontation with the lovely Torrie Wilson. Sable even manages to seal the confrontation with a kiss.

WWE SmackDown - Vince McMahon fires Hulk Hogan April 3, 2003 | Approx. run time: 13 mins.

One night after defeating Mr. McMahon at WrestleMania, Hulk Hogan found himself face to face with the boss once again. This time Mr. McMahon said he wanted to bury the hatchet, but it was all a ruse, as he ended up telling Hulk Hogan that he would never be on television ever again. Don’t miss the classic confrontation.

WWE SmackDown - Sable Invitational April 24, 2003 | Approx. run time: 9 mins.

Just a couple of weeks after returning to WWE, Sable held her own bikini contest – the Sable Invitational. Dawn Marie, Nidia and Torrie Wilson were the participants. In the end, Torrie was the ultimate loser. Find out what happened to the hot Diva on SmackDown.

WWE SmackDown - Piper’s Pit returns with Mr. McMahon and Rikishi April 10, 2003 | Approx. run time: 15 mins.

Piper’s Pit made a big return to SmackDown. The Hot Rod confronted Mr. McMahon and the two agreed on their hatred towards Hulk Hogan. Then Piper confronted Rikishi in a classic Piper’s Pit moment that was eerily reminiscent of his confrontation with “Superfly” Jimmy Snuka in the 80s.

WCW Spring Stampede - Stone Cold Steve Austin vs. The Great Muta April 17, 1994 | Approx. run time: 20 mins.

Stone Cold Steve Austin is arguably the most popular Superstar of his time. But in Japan, The Great Muta is widely considered one of the greatest ever. Muta was in WCW at the time, and he faced off against Austin at WCW’s Spring Stampede in 1994. Don’t miss this rare match.

WCW Kollision in Korea - Wild Pegasus vs. 2 Cold Scorpio April 28, 1995 | Approx. run time: 9 mins.

Before American fans came to know him as Chris Benoit, the Rabid Wolverine wrestled in Japan under the name of Wild Pegasus. When WCW went to Korea for a special event called Kollision in Korea, he went back to his roots and competed against 2 Cold Scorpio as Wild Pegasus. Check out this hidden gem to see a different side of Chris Benoit.

WWE SmackDown - Rey Mysterio debuts vs. Chavo Guerrero July 25, 2002 | Approx. run time: 8 mins.

Ever since Rey Mysterio debuted with WWE, he has been one of the most popular Superstars around. Now you can check out that debut when he squared off against Chavo Guerrero on SmackDown in a cruiserweight classic.

WWE SmackDown - Rey Mysterio vs. Kurt Angle vs. Chris Benoit September 26, 2002 | Approx. run time: 10 mins.

Rey Mysterio, Kurt Angle and Chris Benoit battled it out in a Triple Threat Match on a 2002 edition of SmackDown. Was it the master of the 619, the Rabid Wolverine or the Wrestling Machine that came out on top?

WCW Nitro - Rey Mysterio vs. Dean Malenko July 8, 1996 | Approx. run time: 11 mins.

Rey Mysterio first caught the eye of mainstream wrestling audiences when he started competing in WCW. He was involved in a wide array of classic cruiserweight matches, and one of his greatest opponents ever was Dean Malenko. Watch these two masters of the squared circle take to the air and grind it out on the mat in this Nitro classic.

WWE RAW - Rob Van Dam vs. Jeff Hardy May 12, 1997 | Approx. run time: 5 mins.

Rob Van Dam and Jeff Hardy are two of the most innovative high-fliers in WWE history. So when these two Superstars met up on RAW, it’s no surprise that it was a heart-stopping, high-impact, fast-paced affair. Could Mr. Monday Night overcome the member of Team Extreme?

ECW Heatwave - Rob Van Dam vs. Jerry Lynn July 16, 2000 | Approx. run time: 19 mins.

RVD and Jerry Lynn had one of the most exciting rivalries in ECW history. They seemed to have a counter for every move, and their matches even resulted in draws on several occasion. But one thing is for sure. Whenever they faced each other, they left everything they had inside the ring.

WWE RAW - Rob Van Dam vs. Undertaker May 20, 2002 | Approx. run time: 9 mins.

This was definitely a clash of styles. Undertaker has always been known as one of the best brawlers in the history of sports-entertainment. And RVD has always been known as one of the most exciting high-fliers to ever step inside the squared circle. Which style would ultimately prove to be most effective in this RAW match?

WWE RAW - Brock Lesnar vs. Ric Flair July 1, 2002 | Approx. run time: 14 mins.

Brock Lesnar stormed onto the WWE scene in 2002. He was steamrolling the competition, but he hadn’t faced anyone with the experience of the Nature Boy. Could the Dirtiest Player in the Game live up to his name and derail the pain train?

WWE SummerSlam - Brock Lesnar vs. The Rock August 26, 2002 | Approx. run time: 18 mins.

Brock Lesnar steamrolled into SummerSlam. After winning the King of the Ring, Lesnar earned an opportunity at The Rock’s WWE Championship. Lesnar had amassed an impressive list of victims up to this point, but would he be able to add the Brahma Bull as well?

WWE RAW - Goldberg vs. Kane, Lumberjack Match December 8, 2003 | Approx. run time: 10 mins.

Goldberg not only had to face Kane in this match, but he had to contend with all of the lumberjacks who seemed out to get them. Among the lumberjacks were the members of Evolution who all wanted to see Goldberg go down. Could Goldberg overcome the odds and defeat the Big Red Monster?

WCW Nitro - Randy Savage & Madusa vs. Ric Flair & Charles Robinson May 17, 1999 | Approx. run time: 12 mins.

Randy Savage teamed up with Madusa to take on Ric Flair & Charles Robinson in this Mixed Tag Team Match on Nitro. Don’t miss this rare occasion where the Nature Boy teams up with Little Natch. Could Charles Robinson make his idol proud and help his team to a victory? Or would Team Madness come out on top?

WCW Nitro - Hulk Hogan vs. Randy Savage April 20, 1998 | Approx. run time: 16 mins.

Randy Savage defeated Sting at Spring Stampede to become the new WCW Champion. But just one day later he had to put his gold on the line against Hulk Hogan. The history between these two Superstars is well-documented, and it’s always a combustible situation when they square off. With the WCW Championship on the line, things became even more intense.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hmmmm, I went back to check out Hart/Austin, and the whole page has been lopped off the site.

I like how "Collision in Korea" has been given the retronym "Kollision in Korea". I don't care if that's how WWE would have spelled it. It starts with a C goddammit!

It's back now with everything MM831 said they had up. I didn't read that the Bret/Austin thing was from Raw, just that it happened in April, so I thought it was the Revenge of the Taker match. Very happy to see it's actually one of my favourite Raw angles.

ECW Heatwave - Rob Van Dam vs. Jerry Lynn July 16, 2000 | Approx. run time: 19 mins.

RVD and Jerry Lynn had one of the most exciting rivalries in ECW history. They seemed to have a counter for every move, and their matches even resulted in draws on several occasion. But one thing is for sure. Whenever they faced each other, they left everything they had inside the ring.

Fuck yeah. Now if I could only remember my password.

Someone just reminded me the HH2000 match is on the Rise and Fall of ECW DVD... I totally forgot.

Edit: And I forgot because the person was wrong - they thought I was talking about 1999.

Living Dangerously 1999 is their best match.

Not even close. It was good but their feud was just starting. They weren't used to each other yet. It's nothing compared to the RVD/Lynn matches where they know each other so well they can counter a counter to a counter, and they have to spend the entire match coming up with new ways to beat each other.

RVD/Lynn from the 8/28/99 ECW Arena show (that aired on TNN on 9/10/99) is their best match.

For the record, I only remember these dates because 8/28 is my birthday.

Anyone remember RVD/Lynn from Sunday Night Heat in fall 2001? bleh.

RVD/Lynn from the 8/28/99 ECW Arena show (that aired on TNN on 9/10/99) is their best match.

Was this the ECW Arena screwjob w/ the Impact Players interfering or from the Elk Lodge? I really got into the ECW Arena match w/ the angle of Lynn's battered ribs but obviously the shmozz put a damper on things. I admittedly don't remember the Elk Lodge match very well.

So they're showing Fall Brawl 2000 and Backlash 2003 as the major PPVs this month. Anything here worth watching?

Fall Brawl is worth a watch. It's got a few enjoyable matches on the card.