TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
bob_barron

UTSU and Rrrsh

Oddly enough, they actually were. Probably the only gimmick I've enjoyed around here in a long, long while.

I've been saying for years that the mods should officially announce when they ban someone and specify on the details about why they did it. It would cut way down on threads like this one where everyone has to play detective. Kinda like the old "N*gga you is BANNED" thing at WDI.

Guest Princess Leena

I concur with Jingus.

And I wish all boards would do this. Every place I go to has these secretive bans, and all it does is scare posters away.

Maybe both, unfortunately I never visited those boards (or their lovechild NMB) as much as I should've, my memory's hazy. But yeah, banning someone and then never publicly saying why just comes off like you've got something to hide.

UTSU was a boner. He jerked off on a girl's leg after she wouldn't fuck him.

:lol: Was this ok'd by the girl?

No, she was sleeping.

I'm so glad we have RonL21 around!

Seriously, is UTSU and Rrrrsh's bannings some big secret? What's the problem with just telling people why they were banned?

Guest Princess Leena

Probably because everyone will still argue about it.

And they should get the surprise banning of me over and done with.

That RonL dude just needs to be told how not to post twice and try to string along more coherent sentences instead of fragments with ellipses. Can't fault the guy for not being all that knowlegeable, but we can ask him to improve his form.

And they should get the surprise banning of me over and done with.

Whattarebel.

I've been saying for years that the mods should officially announce when they ban someone and specify on the details about why they did it. It would cut way down on threads like this one where everyone has to play detective. Kinda like the old "N*gga you is BANNED" thing at WDI.

On a board with a fairly large population, starting that thread would end up like this:

Nigga, you is BANNED! UTSU and RRRRRRSH or whoever

followed by this thread.

IMO, in any healthy community, the people that get removed are negative influences and generally terrible, so who needs to care about why they're gone? Not everything in life needs to be a democracy.

Frankly I think the rules should be loosened and the mods should feel free to prune the membership as they see fit. But I'm just an opinionated nazi fag, so who knows.

Death to the undermen

I vomit on god's child

Yeah, you'd still have people bitching and arguing over the bannings. But at least it would end all of the "why was so-and-so banned" questions and the slightly disquieting nonresponse of the mods in cases like this.

We've basically been given the go ahead to get rid of the dead weight by the admins. Some of them probably should have been gone a long time ago. The fanofcoils issue was really the start of the whole thing.

As for anything more specific than that, you'll have to discuss it with the mods that have actually banned them.

Moderators should not be compelled to discuss or defend their actions, unless they are doing something detrimental towards the quality of information and talk of the members of their forum. The best mods are the mods that you don't see, or that you don't see as anything more than another member. Basically, if you need to have a mod come out and explain why they did something, then you are asking for nothing more than a new gossip item to take to your sewing circle. As fun as that is, there's no need for it.

Guest CWMwasmurdered
If they explained it, I would bite my tongue and try not to say anything, because I already expressed how stupid it was in the old thread.

Oh come on Bob, you seem to complain every time the mods do anything, regardless of wether or not they explain it. Sometimes you seem to do it just for the sake of arguing.

Guest Princess Leena

EDIT: Nothing. Just don't ban me. My bitchiness has subsided this year. Thank you.

The truth is, unless things have changed a lot in the past couple years, a lot of the time even the mods don't know why some stuff is done or who did it. During my mod tenure, I remember several times where someone had to ask "who banned so-and-so and why?" in the admin folder... and if I remember correctly, there wasn't always an answer. Requiring every mod to announce when and why they ban someone would solve that problem too.

On a board with a fairly large population, starting that thread would end up like this:

Nigga, you is BANNED! UTSU and RRRRRRSH or whoever

followed by this thread.

Since bitching is inevitable either way, I think coming out and saying "so-and-so was banned for such-and-such" is much better than

"Hey, why was this guy banned?"

Mods: "..."

"Well?"

Mods: "..."

It at least closes the door on a good number of questions arising from any questionable banning.

Moderators should not be compelled to discuss or defend their actions, unless they are doing something detrimental towards the quality of information and talk of the members of their forum.

Banning people on based on moderator whim of the time ("dead weight" = bullshit) as opposed to some major offense by the banned is detrimental, not to mention rather selective enforcement of the "rules"

Basically, if you need to have a mod come out and explain why they did something, then you are asking for nothing more than a new gossip item to take to your sewing circle.

Are you feeling left out again?