TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Nightfall

***Impact spoilers***

"For fans that tune in this Thursday night, the Daniels vs. Joe bout kicks off the program and is already joined in progress. In this TNAwrestling.com exclusive, our online fans can watch the beginning portion of the bout that won’t be aired on television!" - TNA Website.

Two steps forward, three steps back.

"For fans that tune in this Thursday night, the Daniels vs. Joe bout kicks off the program and is already joined in progress. In this TNAwrestling.com exclusive, our online fans can watch the beginning portion of the bout that won’t be aired on television!" - TNA Website.

I don't get the reasoning for this.

I don't get the reasoning for this.

It makes even less sense when the Thursday Impact was only supposed to have two matches. So NOW one of the matches is going to be sliced into for no reason but a bunch of promos no one really gives a damn about.

Wow, very illogical and ridiculous manuever there on TNA's part. There is no way to justify this as a good idea other than trying to gauge reaction to their website. They'd be much better off having an exclusive segment backstage after the match or something on their website instead.

Wow, very illogical and ridiculous manuever there on TNA's part. There is no way to justify this as a good idea other than trying to gauge reaction to their website. They'd be much better off having an exclusive segment backstage after the match or something on their website instead.

Or they would have been smart to just include the match during commercials ala WWE. I don't care if it is a WWE idea, it was a very smart one for all of wrestling. Instead they do this stupid junk.

As with most TNA fans, i too am confused at the booking of the first prime time show. This does not make sense to me.

Why oh why make Joe the X champ again, sure hes the best in the division but it just doesnt make sense. Larry moved him out of the divison. I said it was dumb when i saw him in the four way match. END THE FUED ALREADY!

But apart from cutting the match short (Jarret probably didnt have enough time to say "TNA management is out to screw me and i have proof". I'm telling you, the ending to this angle had better be good) The show should be good. I say SHOULD, but i have been proven wrong before.

Guest Princess Leena

Interesting results, to say the least.

I wonder what this means for the X Title now, if you're going to put the likes of Sabu in a title match for it. I know it's never had any weight limits, but it's basically been the cruiserweight division. I think it would be smart for TNA to put some limits in there, though... because if not, it's basically just a secondary title. Which I don't think is supposed to be the point of it.

Although, I think the real point of it is completely lazy booking... just having Joe lose the X Title again, in basically a repeat of the last PPV... with TNA, that what I expect.

Also...the the thing about Joe is that he is that rare talent that could not just change wrestling...but REDEFINE it. Austin did it with the Attitude era. Hogan did it with the expansion of WWF into everyone in the countries home.

Samoa Joe is rare. Samoa Joe has an undefinable quality that everyone from Norman Smiley to Jesus H. Benoit to God himself HHH lacks.

The ability to be something so different from what came before it...and so good at what he is...that it could define a generation of wresting.

And what is this undefinable quality?

--There is a full page ad in today's New York Post for the Impact debut tomorrow night. The deal is to have a hot open. The first 4:00 of the Samoa Joe vs. Christopher Daniels match is on the TNA web site and the match will be picked up at that point. Daniels will already be bleeding. The idea is the expected big UFC Male 18-34 will see the blood as soon as they tune in. (OBSERVER)

I still dont agree with it but at least there is some logic to why they are doing what they are doing w/ Joe v. Daniels in editing off the first four minutes. I just still can't get over why they are putting the belt back on him.

Interesting results, to say the least.

I wonder what this means for the X Title now, if you're going to put the likes of Sabu in a title match for it. I know it's never had any weight limits, but it's basically been the cruiserweight division. I think it would be smart for TNA to put some limits in there, though... because if not, it's basically just a secondary title. Which I don't think is supposed to be the point of it.

Although, I think the real point of it is completely lazy booking... just having Joe lose the X Title again, in basically a repeat of the last PPV... with TNA, that what I expect.

I actually like the idea of Sabu in the X division, call me crazy but I do. It's a good thing that they arent just limiting the division to CWs - example being Joe himself. It wont and shouldnt be considered a secondary title as long as the division continues to be unique with strong workers who take risks. Thats basically the underlined gist of the X division. Or as they say "no limits"

And actually Joe DIDNT lose the belt last ppv - that was the wonder of it. They protected him so he could move to the world title division smoothly. Now they are going to (or should) have him job the belt out whenever since having him getting screwed again in another three way match w/ whomever is most definately lazy booking. Problem is that jobbing him out in his first loss against an X division guy is not smart booking when you are trying to get the guy moved up to the world title. But maybe to the bookers having the title taken away from him twice instead of once is fuel to the fire to move him up? in whatever case, it just devalues Daniels more than anything if you ask me. And there is nothing elevated by having Joe with the belt again. We already know he kicks ass and dominated that division, the point was made months ago. Time to move on! Instead I wouldnt be at all shocked to see a final Daniels/Styles/Joe match AGAIN at the X Cup ppv- which I agree with since the Ultimate X blowoff was pure shit (in fact they may want to just have an Ultimate X rematch completely), but disagree with since we've seen well enough of that feud clearly.

To take this a step further on the lazy booking comment, WTF are they doing or not doing with Styles? The guy NEEDS a real major feud with anyone instead of just being thrown in that War Games match. Just comes off wrong to me to have him in there. And yet Monte Brown sits at home apparently "not able to find something for him." Brown/Styles wouldnt be great but at least its SOMETHING.

Is anybody else having trouble watching this video? I know I have to wait for youtube videos to download, but it seems everytime I try to watch it, it only plays the first few seconds and then stops. It doesn't load at all.

To take this a step further on the lazy booking comment, WTF are they doing or not doing with Styles? The guy NEEDS a real major feud with anyone instead of just being thrown in that War Games match. Just comes off wrong to me to have him in there. And yet Monte Brown sits at home apparently "not able to find something for him." Brown/Styles wouldnt be great but at least its SOMETHING.

I agree, and its just another piece of evidence that TNA's creative team are a pack of retarded monkeys.

I heard Monty was injured or something, but it would've been great to have Sting announce him as the mystery fourth man. Sting could've formally announced Rhino and Truth, then get into a brawl with JJ's army. Then Monty could come out, play like he's going to help Jarrett, and finally turn on him and join Sting's team. Better than throwing Styles in there for no reason. Hell, when you think about it, Rhino and Truth don't have a stake in this, either. They could at least have a tag match on Impact against AMW or something to further their involvement.

My other problem with the War Games match is that Christian isn't in it. War Games will have to be the ME, which means that Christian's title match will look less important than Jarrett's Army vs. Sting. It shouldn't be so. I would've added Christian and Abyss to the War Games teams to further their fued and to make sure that the champ is involved in the ME. They work that hard to include Jarrett in the main program, they should do the same for Christian (not that they would).

Hell, when you think about it, Rhino and Truth don't have a stake in this, either. They could at least have a tag match on Impact against AMW or something to further their involvement.

They did.

Hell, when you think about it, Rhino and Truth don't have a stake in this, either. They could at least have a tag match on Impact against AMW or something to further their involvement.

They did.

What happened in the match?

There was also The Truth/Rhino vs AMW for the Tag titles on Impact.

Guest El Satanico

Hopefully Sabu shows, so Joe can defend the belt against him, living up to the "anything goes" aspect of the X title. AJ, Daniels and at least one other contender can take part in a #1 contenders match.

Line of tonight was:

Jeff Jarrett: "Eric Young, tonight I'm giving you the opporotunity of a lifetime! Go out there and beat Sting!"

Eric Young: "But...but...I...I don't want it."

By the way, for those of you who can't seem to figure it out...the logic surrounding TNA starting IMPACT with the Joe vs. Daniels match already underway is incredibly simple. They didn't do it to fit more promos in. The match could have easily been edited if that is what they wanted to do...Smackdown does that all the time.

They started this match in progress, exactly where they did for a very specific reason.

Last week, TNA got it’s second highest rating ever, thanks to the UFC Ultimate Fighter lead in.

Obviously, this means that some if not many of the people watching The Ultimate Fighter decided to keep watching when IMPACT came on.

It’s logical to assume that some fans of The Ultimate Fighter are not Pro Wrestling or TNA fans.

TNA set things up so that…

- The minute The Ultimate Fighter ended, IMPACT started…no break between. No commerical, no chance to get up and walk away, or change the channel. If you watched The Ultimate Fighter, it went directly into IMPACT.

- Christopher Daniels was bleeding the MINUTE the show started…which will make Ultimate Fighter fans say “Hey look…BLOOD!”

- Joe was wrestling, and in control when the show started. Joe has a stiff, rough fighting style, which may appeal to some Ultimate Fighting fans.

They were also very quick to mention and show clips of Sting, and Team 3D in the opening segment of the show. This will lead casual fans to say “Hey look…Sting.” And “Hey look…the Dudleys.”

Was this a smart strategy by TNA?

We’ll find out when the ratings come in. However, last week The Ultimate Fighter scored an all time high for a Spike Premiere…a 2.0 rating with NO WWE lead-in like last year…and TNA scored the 1.0…so let’s save the weekly “OMG TNA is teh stoopid” comments until we see if their plan actually worked.

Trust me...it was planned that way for a reason.

Line of tonight was:

Jeff Jarrett: "Eric Young, tonight I'm giving you the opporotunity of a lifetime! Go out there and beat Sting!"

Eric Young: "But...but...I...I don't want it."

Eric Young really is like Mikey Whipwreck was in ECW. Purely awesome with decent ringwork. The guy has got to get a run in the X-Division somewhere down the line.

Guest korndogg123

I don't know why, but I'm almost smelling Sabu beating Samoa Joe for the title. It's goofy booking, but it's also basically like havin Zbyszko say "see, you've had your comfort in the X division and now you lost the title to a heavyweight in your first defense." When you think about it, everyone Joe has beaten in his career, ROH included have been X division style lightweights. It wouldn't be that ridiculous to have him lose to an established name like Sabu, would it? Although the talk now is that Sabu's threatening to no-show as well.

Agreed with TTK, TNA brilliantly cut-in the Joe/Daniels match, RIGHT at the point of Joe booting Daniels in the face. For a TUF3 fan, coming off that last show with an adrenaline rush and some blood lust that needed to be satiated, Joe/Daniels partially was able to capture that. I wish TNA appealed more towards the UFC fan in regards to style, presentation, and wrestlers/fighters, but I suppose that's just me.

This was one of the better TNA's in terms of pacing and whatnot.

OK...just checked TNA Wrestling.Com

Apparently, Spike's TNA name will now be "Runt"

Jeez, they couldn't be a little more creative? Yes, we get that Spike is the little plucky brother but runt is a shitty name. Just call him Matt Deadly. It's dumb as well, but not at the level of runt.

Also, TNA were wise in the decision to cut right into the match for all the reasons aforementioned.

Yeah, I'll admit I was very wrong. It worked extremely well. Didn't hurt the pace of the show and everything came off pretty damn smooth. Plus the finisher Joe used was sweet as hell.