TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Nightfall

***Impact spoilers***

Guest El Satanico

Runt? Why not keep the theme and call him Brother Matt. Hopefully it's just Bubba/Dvon's pet name, and the announcers won't call him that...nonstop.

Sabu beating Joe for X title could be an interesting approach to Joe's hw transition. Show him struggle with the transition and have a losing streak before he "gets it".

TNA needs to build up to an long running Eric Young vs. Alex Shelley X title feud. Use something involving Sting to turn Young face.

Agreed with TTK, TNA brilliantly cut-in the Joe/Daniels match, RIGHT at the point of Joe booting Daniels in the face.

That logic kind of falls apart when you consider that the hypothetical viewer has sat already sat through the UFC end credits and post-show commericals to get to TNA.

Agreed with TTK, TNA brilliantly cut-in the Joe/Daniels match, RIGHT at the point of Joe booting Daniels in the face.

That logic kind of falls apart when you consider that the hypothetical viewer has sat already sat through the UFC end credits and post-show commericals to get to TNA.

The end credits for TUF always shows previews for next weeks episode, which most people tend to watch through, and they didn't put a commercial break between the two shows, just for that reason.

All I know is.

1) When Joe turned around hit that standing eniziguri, I was like "HOLY SHIT!" Amazing for such a big man

2) Daniels bumped like mad...and he hit the BME, which is a move I totally love.

3) Right after the opening bout, they show Sting, and kept hyping how it was the first time in 5 years.

4) Love Cage's intensity. Bringing the reality factor should help keep fans. Plus I watched the videos on TNA's website and I just love JM's "You cant win the title from a dead man"

so it's agreed on, TNA pulled off a great move by cutting into the Daniels/Joe match.

When I saw how effective it was being, I definitely thought to myself.. we have to stop being to cynical about these kinds of things!

What I don't understand is that on twawrestling.com, under the iMPACT results, its says "the former spike dudley returned with a new name . . ." It appears at first glace that there aren't any trademark issues. Why not call him spike dudley?

What I don't understand is that on twawrestling.com, under the iMPACT results, its says "the former spike dudley returned with a new name . . ." It appears at first glace that there aren't any trademark issues. Why not call him spike dudley?

Well for one, they aren't called the Dudleys anymore. And I'm pretty sure it's a copyright issue if they say his name on television, advertising him as Spike Dudley to sell tickets or sell merch with the name. Mentioned he's the "former Spike Dudley" on a website may not fall under that, I'm not 100% sure on the law.

Dude...it worked. I'm sorry, but it did. Either you didn't see the show, or you're just arguing for the sake of defending your previous complaint claiming that the idea was dumb...when it clearly wasn't. The idea came across really well. Now we'll wait and see if the rating bears that out. If it does, then the whole "it was a dumb idea" really has no merit.

I think you're allowed to say somebody was formerly known as whoever, a limited number of times, so long as you give their new name. You can't advertise the person as "formerly known as whoever" without giving a new name, meaning you can't use the old name to make money.

I forgot to mention that I also thought Christian's promo was excellent. His more "serious" promos that he has given since winning the NWA World Championship, the sit down ones, have been surprisingly good in my opinion. Also, the fact that he isn't doing his normal joking around routine (which face it...with Abyss and Mitchell he's got plenty of material...one guy wears a mask and grunts all the time, the other dresses and acts like it's Halloween every day) helps put over this match and Abyss as a contender.

As much as I hate to say it, I still see IMPACT! getting just a .8 rating for the night. Which sucks, because it was a very good addition with solid interviews and strong action filled matches. I really hope I'm wrong because TNA needs some ratings if they want to avoid that "stuck behind really BAD SpikeTV comedy" position.

What was everyone's opinions on the closing hype video? It reminded me of the videos at the end of indy DVD's. Is that a good thing? Maybe once in a while. But right now, I think Impact needs compelling cliff hanging endings, something that makes you with it was next week already.

But right now, I think Impact needs compelling cliff hanging endings, something that makes you with it was next week already.

I haven't had that feeling about a wrestling show since about 97/98.

Dude...it worked. I'm sorry, but it did. Either you didn't see the show, or you're just arguing for the sake of defending your previous complaint claiming that the idea was dumb...when it clearly wasn't.

Never said it was dumb, think you're mixing me up with someone else.

Didn't catch the show myself, the way jwpeer describes it does make it sound alright. As to whether it worked or not, well we'lll see when the ratings come in.

Damn that was one of the best noteworthy and just damn good solid wrestling quality Impacts in quite some time. The Joe/Daniels experiment worked and I give them credit for taking a chance and trying something unique. They may want to do that more often as it's akin to starting a show in the middle of a hot angle, which Nitro/Raw did many times back in the day. Definate upgrade and change from the Sat formula which was good to see since it needed to happen. Now will just be curious about next week as on paper it just looks like its back to the same ole same ole.

I do agree about trying to end with a cliffhanger and it should happen on every show.

Man from all accounts it sounds like this should be a good impact.

i look forward to seeing it next week on the wrestling channel