TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
iggymcfly

What DVDs would you like to see the WWE release?

A Vince McMahon DVD would sell, but it would have so much BS on it that Hogan himself would say that Vince exaggerates. It would be more like The History of american wrestling, as seen by Vince McMahon than a proper biography. Anyway, the title would surely be something like "Vince McMahon : Kiss my Ass" and the cover would be a photo of Vince with his pants down.

As for other DVDs, I'd like to see a Rise and Fall of WCW and a proper 3-Disc Monday Night War DVD. The first one would be the main feature and one disc for both Raw and Nitro with the greatest matches and moments.

Here's my top 10 wrestler "Best of" DVD wishlist:

1. Randy Savage

2. Kurt Angle

3. Ricky Steamboat

4. Chris Jericho

5. Roddy Piper

6. Steve Austin (something better than the other ones, at least)

7. Sting

8. The 4 Horsemen

9. Dudley Boyz

10. Edge

I know there's no chance in hell of about half of those ever happening, though.

Also, an entirely kayfabed Vince McMahon DVD would be awesome just for the sheer ridiculesness of it.

Here's my top 10 wrestler "Best of" DVD wishlist:

1. Randy Savage

2. Kurt Angle

3. Ricky Steamboat

4. Chris Jericho

5. Roddy Piper

6. Steve Austin (something better than the other ones, at least)

7. Sting

8. The 4 Horsemen

9. Dudley Boyz

10. Edge

I know there's no chance in hell of about half of those ever happening, though.

Also, an entirely kayfabed Vince McMahon DVD would be awesome just for the sheer ridiculesness of it.

Piper, has a DVD made already and is set for release this year. There is a Mr. McMahon DVD that focuses on Austin, also coming out.

Yeah, but an entirely kayfabed one like the shit they do for Kane. And totally exagerate every little thing, like only Vince can.

I'd buy it, and damn near everyone that's been listed in this thread.

My List:

The Ultimate Randy Savage - Do it now before he goes completely nuts, so he can be a part of the main feature.

The Ultimate Kurt Angle - Do it soon, because I don't want a best of Kurt Angle with the sad story of the motherfucker dieing or paralysing himself in the ring.

The Ultime Eddie Guerrero - Obvious

The Ultimate Ricky Steamboat - And I demand He and Flair have alternate commentary for any of thier matches on there.

The Ultimate nWo

The Ultimate Chris Jericho - Focusing on all the good shit, not the dog shit.

The Ultimate Steve Austin - I still don't know why his hasn't been done.

The Ultimate Sting - I want this one and

The Ultimate The 4 Horsemen - more than any.

The Ultimate Shawn Michaels - I still don't know why his hasn't been done.

The Ultimate Ric Flair II - Obvious.

One for Owen, and some more Tag-Team sets.

And that Steve Blackman set would be fucking awesome.

Maybe in 10 or 15 years when Blackman and RoadDogg are "Legends", we'll see some discs on him.

Anthology Sets for all the major PPVs like the WM one would be cool, and ones for Starcade, and a few other WCW ones. Plus, An Anthology of ECWs PPVs.

These would be all the Wrestling DVDs I would ever need, other then a few things here and there that WWE don't have access to at the time.

I'd like a kayfabed documentary about the life of those involved in pro wrestling. Like, we get to watch Snitsky pick up his purse for winning at the window; or see Kurt Angle go home and complain to his wife about that fucking Rey Mysterio.

Considering they wanted to call Bret's DVD "Screwed", I have a feeling if Owen gets his own well-deserved set, it'll be titled "The Rise and Fall of the Blue Blazer".

Considering they wanted to call Bret's DVD "Screwed", I have a feeling if Owen gets his own well-deserved set, it'll be titled "The Rise and Fall of the Blue Blazer".

The Rise and Fall of Owen Hart would be an unfortunate title.

I'd like a kayfabed documentary about the life of those involved in pro wrestling. Like, we get to watch Snitsky pick up his purse for winning at the window; or see Kurt Angle go home and complain to his wife about that fucking Rey Mysterio.

I love this idea.

A DVD of angles that bombed/were dropped and what they were supposed to turn into would be awesome.

Blonde Bytch Project should be one. And Vince admitting that at the time, he didn't think anyone would get it.

as someone suggested in the Raw thread, a Trish vs. Mickie James DVD

I actually thought about this a few days ago. I'd camp out at Best Buy to make sure I got a copy of this one.

Guest NitroJMS

I'd like to see WWE "yearbooks" that'd feature the highlights by year from all of the programming (not necessarily the PPVs). Basically all the best interviews and matches from Prime Time, SNME, Raw, Smackdown, etc. over the years. Start with the Hogan era and work their way up to the current time frame. Make them like 1-hour documentaries highlighting the feuds and angles that shaped the WWF for that year, and then have 2 hours of matches/interviews as the bonus material. I think it'd be a fun walk down memory lane and a great way to showcase mid-carders who might otherwise not be featured in their own DVD (Hacksaw, Bossman, Santana, etc.) since they could put their matches on these instead of the already available Hogan/Savage/Hart/Austin stuff.

I suggested this! I wasn't joking, and I think it WOULD sell. Two hot chicks wrestling and acting crazy, it's funny and it's without a doubt the ONLY good angle that's really happened in the WWE in the past year and a half. The longer they go on with it, the more likely it is we actually GET the DVD, assuming it stays hot (Why wouldn't it though...)

From PWInsider.com:

WWE has announced that they will be releasing a DVD called "McMahon" (about guess who) on August 22. According to WWE, "This 2 disc production takes a look back at what caused Vince McMahon to come out of the announcer booth and right into some of the most controversial moments ever seen on television. For the first time ever the onscreen and off-screen intrigues of the world’s most notorious boss are broken down by the people who know the man best. Exclusive interviews with Shane, Stephanie and Linda McMahon, Triple H, Hulk Hogan, Kurt Angle, Eric Bischoff, Paul Heyman and more. Mr. McMahon himself reveals when the seed was planted to screw Bret Hart in Montreal, what it was like to win the WWE Championship, the true story behind the battle against WCW, the XFL, his daughter Stephanie marrying and more. Plus you’ll see the Austin/McMahon rivalry, the infamous Kiss My Ass Club, and his classic matches versus Stone Cold, Shane McMahon, Triple H, Hulk Hogan, Undertaker and Shawn Michaels. Who is the real Vince McMahon? You decide!"

From PWInsider.com:

WWE has announced that they will be releasing a DVD called "McMahon" (about guess who) on August 22. According to WWE, "This 2 disc production takes a look back at what caused Vince McMahon to come out of the announcer booth and right into some of the most controversial moments ever seen on television. For the first time ever the onscreen and off-screen intrigues of the world’s most notorious boss are broken down by the people who know the man best. Exclusive interviews with Shane, Stephanie and Linda McMahon, Triple H, Hulk Hogan, Kurt Angle, Eric Bischoff, Paul Heyman and more. Mr. McMahon himself reveals when the seed was planted to screw Bret Hart in Montreal, what it was like to win the WWE Championship, the true story behind the battle against WCW, the XFL, his daughter Stephanie marrying and more. Plus you’ll see the Austin/McMahon rivalry, the infamous Kiss My Ass Club, and his classic matches versus Stone Cold, Shane McMahon, Triple H, Hulk Hogan, Undertaker and Shawn Michaels. Who is the real Vince McMahon? You decide!"

Wow, did they see my thread or something? Can I say I called it or not? Weird is all I can say. All the matches I picked as extras are basically the matches they are running with.

From PWInsider.com:

WWE has announced that they will be releasing a DVD called "McMahon" (about guess who) on August 22. According to WWE, "This 2 disc production takes a look back at what caused Vince McMahon to come out of the announcer booth and right into some of the most controversial moments ever seen on television. For the first time ever the onscreen and off-screen intrigues of the world's most notorious boss are broken down by the people who know the man best. Exclusive interviews with Shane, Stephanie and Linda McMahon, Triple H, Hulk Hogan, Kurt Angle, Eric Bischoff, Paul Heyman and more. Mr. McMahon himself reveals when the seed was planted to screw Bret Hart in Montreal, what it was like to win the WWE Championship, the true story behind the battle against WCW, the XFL, his daughter Stephanie marrying and more. Plus you'll see the Austin/McMahon rivalry, the infamous Kiss My Ass Club, and his classic matches versus Stone Cold, Shane McMahon, Triple H, Hulk Hogan, Undertaker and Shawn Michaels. Who is the real Vince McMahon? You decide!"

This is either going to be pure comedy gold or pure ego stroking...or maybe both.

Guest droptoehold

I wouldnt mind...

Greatest Gimicks

you can name all the worthy names

including gimic battle royal from WM

Evolution of the Business

USWA, UWF, NWA , GWF, ECW, World Class

documentaing the history of the business

the boom of the 80's then the death of territories

and how everything dissolved

If WWE is really listening, I would also like a "Ultimate DX" DVD.

Early HBK/HHH footage

The Clique

HBK wins the WWE title

The Curtain Call

HHH's Punishment

Edgier HBK

Chyna

HHH wins the 97 King of the Ring

The insurance policy

The night they joined

DX vs. The Undertaker

DX vs. The Hart Foundation

Survivor Series 1997

Sgt. Slaughther vs. DX

Mike Tyson

HBK leaves DX

X-Pac comes home

The New Age Outlaws

Let's get ready to suck it

DX vs. The Nation

X-Pac vs. Jarrett

Chyna leaves DX

HHH and Chyna reunite

HHH/Chyna Heel Turn

Road Dogg/X-Pac vs. Billy Gunn/HHH

X-Pac and Kane

DX reunites

Billy Gunn gets DXed

Dx one night reunion 2000

HBK/HHH reunite

HHH vs. HBK

Extras:

HBK/HHH vs. Undertaker/Mankind (Raw 97)

Shawn Michaels vs. Ken Shamrock

Shawn Michaels vs. Undertaker (Eoyal Rumble)

Shawn Michaels vs. Triple H (European Title) Yes, THAT match, classic DX

Triple H vs. Owen Hart (Wrestlemania XIV)

Shawn Michaels vs. Stone Cold Steve Austin (Wrestlemania XIV)

New Age Outlaws vs. Cactus Jack/Chainsaw Charlie (Raw 1998) both the matches before and after Mania

Triple H vs. The Rock (Fully Loaded 1998)

Triple H vs. The Rock (Summerslam 1998)

X-Pac vs. Jeff Jarrett (Summerslam 1998)

X-Pac vs. Shane McMahon (Wrestlemania XV)

DX vs. The Rock/Stone Cold/Mankind/Shane McMahon (Smackdown 1999)

DX vs. The Radicals (Smackdown 2000)

The Rock/Mankind/Too Cool/Rikishi vs. DX/Radicals (Raw 2000)

I think it would be hillarious if the DVD is total kayfabe, with Vince just ridiculously exagerrating everything:

"Yeah, Hulk Hogan helped the WWF reach the top in the '80s, but I could've done it with anyone. Hell, at one point, I was going to make SD Jones the WWE Champion, but I wanted to steal Hogan from the AWA and put them out of business. Vern called me and started crying when he found out I was taking Hogan."

"We set the all time attendance record of anywhere in the entire world with Wrestlemania 3...129,582 people, plus another two hundred thousand outside trying to get in. And that record still stands today."

"Ted called me and said 'Hey Vince, I'm in the rasslin' business!', so I said 'that's great Ted, I'm in the entertainment business,'...then he asked me if I could teach him how to balance a checkbook and run a wrestling promotion, but I politely declined."

"I was going to make my son Shane the WWE Champion, but he was too humble to accept it. He takes after his dad."

"The XFL was just a practical joke that went too far. I didn't care though, since NBC was on the hook for most of the money."

"So...after I conquered WCW and put _them_ out of business, Eric Bischoff called me, begging for a job. He even offered me...certain favors, but I told him he couldn't handle my grapefruits. But, man, his hot wife can sure go, I'll tell you..."

See, that's the McMahon DVD I want.

And I want it to top all of Vince's crazy bat shit insane stunts in the past.

And, ya know, with the Kane book being kayfaybe and the whole WWE Films thing, we might see something like this.

I suggested this! I wasn't joking, and I think it WOULD sell. Two hot chicks wrestling and acting crazy, it's funny and it's without a doubt the ONLY good angle that's really happened in the WWE in the past year and a half. The longer they go on with it, the more likely it is we actually GET the DVD, assuming it stays hot (Why wouldn't it though...)

The Divas DVDs sell very well, so why not.

If they do as good a job with a Mickie/Trish DVD as ones of late, It'll be fucking balls nasty.

I didn't see this anywhere else in the thread, but I would like to see a Best of the Cruiserweights DVD Collection. It would involve everything from the old Lightweight Championship up through the final Nitro. They could throw in the match between Liger and Pillman, the Luchadore invasion, even the worthless but still notable cruiserweight tag titles. In the final days of WCW, the Yung Dragons, 3-Count, Kidman, Chavo, Air Raid(AJ Styles and Air Paris), Rey, and Jason Jett were all setting the ring on fire. I would kill for this. Maybe even throw in a compilation video of the "do a running dive to the outside on every other person involved in the match whether theyre your partner or not" spots that were in every single 6-man cruiser tag match.