TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
the.weej

SWF Smarkdown Card - April 17th!

The Smartmarks Wrestling Federation presents...
SWF SMARKDOWN!
Live, Monday, April 17th from the SOLD OUT Georgia Dome in Atlanta, Georgia!
(6pm PST, 10pm EST; check local listings)

Hand me my booking napkin! The SWF's Hell or High Water tour continues, nearing the end of its destination as I near the end of my sanity! What the hell happened on the last show? Lord only knows. However, it was catastrophic enough to completely alter the card I had booked the night before. Can the PPV main event be built to with no world champion? Is it possible this is the slimmest pre-PPV card in history? Will it be made up for with a torrent of promos, particularly from JJ Johnson and Landon Maddix? It better!

The SWF's New Commentator search wraps up with the introduction of our first three-man team: Andrew Blackwell, The Suicide King and Johnny Dangerous!

MAIN EVENT
INTERNATIONAL TITLE CONTENDERSHIP
Kevin Coyote vs Jimmy the Doom
SPECIAL GUEST REFEREE: Wildchild

->Wildchild has been strangely lethargic since winning the Inernational Title from Jay Hawke at the last PPV. With this being the last show until the PPV, you know what that means: A random contendership match with the champion involved in a vague manner! Huzzah! Can Kevin Coyote continue his ascention? Can Jimmy the Doom keep being Jimmy the Doom? Find out on Smarkdown!
Rules: Standard singles match. WC can write if he pleases.
Word Limit: 5750
Send To: chirs3

SINGLES BOUT
Insane Luchador vs Sean Davis

->Sean Davis mysteriously interfered in the hardcore title match between Amy Stephens and Bruce Blank in Amy's favour. Curiouser, Sean Davis was aligned with Toxxic back in the Rev-0 days. While Davis is a mystery, Andrew Rickmen, not so much. In a bit of a mashup, Davis faces Blank's PPV opponent in the Insane Luchador here on Smarkdown.
Rules: Singles match.
Word Limit: 5000
Send To: janusd

SINGLES BOUT
Manson© vs Zyon

->On Lockdown, the unique youth picked up the victory against three other men in a hardcore fourway match. Damn, does that sound filthy or what? The violence in that match is almost prep work for Zyon, whose inevitable confrontation with Spike Jenkins seems to be but a foregone conclusion at this point. On the last show before the PPV, he takes on one half of the reigning tag team champs in Manson, who, despite having a very unusual run of it with via tag teams since the Lethal Lottery, has not done anything in the way of singles competition in quite some time.
Word Limit: 5000
Send To: realitycheck

OPENING MATCH
SINGLES BOUT
Archie Griffon vs Grendel

->Grendel is a new guy. He wears black, he's under a mask. Enigmatic. Archie Griffon is not so new, and has in fact been spinning his wheels. These two gents throw down in a pre-PPV display of fisticuffsmanship.
Word Limit: 4500
Send To: Evolution

(Send all promos/marked matches to chirs3)
(Zed Note: After that last show, I had no idea where to go. So this is the end result. Sorry. Try to make the most out of it with some promos.)
Edited by realitycheck

Can the PPV main event be built to with no world champion?
Easily - if you can look beyond the "inside the box" view that the world title match is by default the top match and look at storylines that have been built up and are at a critical point :ph34r:

Yeah, a four man booth on the main event. I thought about special guest referee instead, but I couldn't really see it. Have fun.

-Z

Easily - if you can look beyond the "inside the box" view that the world title match is by default the top match and look at storylines that have been built up and are at a critical point :ph34r:

You just got beat by a girl. Again. Therefore your chances of main-eventing are slim to none :P

Wow, I didn't really think you guys would take me seriously about using Johnny for commentary. I guess I should call opening promo then because I'll have to spin a hell of a bs story as to why he'd be back at the SWF after losing his contract.

Since the only day off I have between now and Smarkdown is Easter Sunday, I'll take the show off, thanks.

I wouldn't want my opponent to tap out to my ring introductions this week.

Yeah, a four man booth on the main event. I thought about special guest referee instead, but I couldn't really see it. Have fun.

-Z

You actually thought that it made more sense for Dub "Speakee English?" Cee to call a match? :ph34r:

At least guest refereeing is something that he's actually, you know... done before...

Translation: please change it to "guest referee" instead.

Don't do it, Zed. I want to see them try and write WC.
Truth be told, I'm more bothered about WC and Johnny being at the same announce table than I would be if it was just WC by himself.

Sacred left Revolution Zero after he won the title (or before, I forget) and was basically a tweener, but just have him as a heel.

Also, he's a veteran since the earliest JL days, his wife died and he's held a lot of titles, so he's basically Knowledgable/cynical/but with an overall aura of command, coolness and respect.

You just got beat by a girl. Again. Therefore your chances of main-eventing are slim to none :P

And you ARE a girl so by definitly you need to head to the kitchen and make me a sammich ;)

I was going to ask how Sacred could commentate when he's never said more than about three words in any promo I can remember. Not cos he can't, just because he's never seemed to want to waste oxygen on anyone else.

Sacred and JJ Johnson for the announce team!

I was going to ask how Sacred could commentate when he's never said more than about three words in any promo I can remember. Not cos he can't, just because he's never seemed to want to waste oxygen on anyone else.

Sacred and JJ Johnson for the announce team!

...and Maddix drops Cross with an Exploder '98!

"Neat," shrugs Sacred. Johnson grunts.

Sacred did actually talk quite frequently in older promos, which shouldn't be too hard to dig up, I would hope. I wanted to have one team with somewhat recent guys on it.

-Z