TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Adam

Axel Promo, match

Well, in Australia at least. It's Friday here. Anyhoo, Axel promo for somewhere near the start, then a match. Between who? Well you'll just have to read HeldDown, won't you...

We cut back to HeldDown, with a shot of J-Math in front of General Manager Axel’s office.

J-MATH
Ladies and Gentlemen I am standing outside General Manager Axel’s office…

(voice from the side)
We just said that!

J-MATH
Oh… anyway, I’m here to try and get a comment from Axel about some issues that have popped up on OAOAST-dot-com in the last twenty four hours.

The GM’s door opens, and out pops Axel, the former two-time champion, almost surprised to see Josh standing there.  A rare smile present on his face, Axel addresses the interviewer.

AXEL
Josh!  J-Math!  Somehow, I knew you’d be here.  Always on top of things mate.  Love your work.

J-MATH
Um, thanks.  Axel, OAOAST-dot-com reported that you have a meeting scheduled for the fourth of May, the same night as the HeldDown after Living Angleously.  Can you confirm this, and give any details of this meeting?

AXEL
Well, I can confirm that the wonderful Board of Directors have scheduled a meeting with myself on the fourth of May.  As for what that meeting is about, well Josh, its kinda confidential.  But let me say this: after this meeting takes place, the OAOAST will be changed forever.  In a good way!  And while I’m on the topic, a very big hello to all those Board Members watching ‘Axel Presents: OAOAST HeldDown’.  You’ll see that we not only have a huge eight-man tag team match coming up, but a very special six man tag team, steel-chair-on-a-pole match.  Not only that, but the HI-YAH Championship will be defended, as the champion, Zack Malibu…

“YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAHHHHH!!!!”

AXEL
…takes on the challenger, Faqu.  Just three of the matches that I am responsible for here tonight.

J-MATH
But, Axel, you didn’t book a…

Axel snatches the microphone away from Josh, scaring the living suitcase out of the interviewer.  With the GM staring a hole in the smaller staff member, Matthews gets out of the picture, leaving Axel to address the fans.

AXEL
As I was saying, those are just three of the matches I have prepared for you here tonight.  And I have one more up my sleeve.  I got off the phone with HI-YAH executives earlier this week, and I’ve booked a Junior Heavyweight match for later tonight between two of the top Junior Heavyweights in the world.  Enjoy it, because there’s more where this came from.  Back to Sofa Central.

COLE
What…the…hell is wrong with Axel?

COACH
He’s happy!  He’s doing a great job as General Manager!

CABOOSE
It looks like he’s sucking up.  He’s hiding something, and I don’t like it one bit.

COLE
One thing’s for sure, this should be one hell of a night guys, we’ve got a STACKED card for the people of Tokyo, and it’s a pleasure to call in Japan with these respectful fans.  I can tell you one thing, former Lightning Crew Member Spanish Fly will compete tonight in that Junior Heavyweight challenge.  We have not yet been informed of his opponent, but I’m sure we will find out soon enough.

*next match*

COLE
Tensions mounting in the back, guys.

COACH
Krista is right, Leon was going to steal the 24/7 Championship from Alix as soon as he saw her!

CABOOSE
You’re an idiot.  Leon may be a hell of a competitor, but he’s no coward and he’s no thief.  Krista’s always been overprotective.

COLE
For once, we agree Caboose.  And now, onto our Junior Heavyweight Challenge!

*DING DING DING*

BUFFER
The following contest is a HI-YAH versus OAOAST Junior Heavyweight Challenge match, scheduled for one fall.

"Krokodilamadurinn" by Quarashi hits, and the Japanese fans go politely mental for Spanish Fly.  Pyro hits, and the Tijuana, Mexico native appears from underneath the stage, mask on, saluting the huge Tokyo Dome crowd, and making his way down to the ring.

BUFFER
Introducing first, a native of Tijuana, Mexico, now residing in San Diego, California.  Weighing in at one hundred seventy-five pounds, he is SPANNNNISSSSHHH FLYYYYYYYYYY!!!!

Saluting the crowd jut like Rey Rey, Fly stretches on the ropes, doing a couple of runs to warm himself up.  He looks focused, as if he knows that a challenge awaits him.

COLE
Spanish Fly of course has known his opponent for a number of days, but OAOAST Officials, especially General Manager Axel have been tight-lipped about his identity.  Coach, any ideas?

COACH
Michael, in front of me right now, I have the HI-YAH roster list.  I’ll show it to you.  See any familiar names?

COLE *after a pause*
…oh wow.

COACH
Damn right.

COLE
WHAT A MATCH WE HAVE FOR YOU!  FAST-PACED ACTION!  HERE HE COMES!

*bum bum*

A familiar guitar strum begins.  The usually quiet Japanese crowd crowd, shocked for a moment, suddenly erupt in a frenzy of cheers.

BUFFER
AND HIS OPPONENT!

Yes, by now they have realised that the music is none other than Alice in Chains’ “Man in the Box”, and by now they know who’s coming…

COLE
ON LOAN TO HI-YAH FROM THE OAOAST!  HE’S BEEN TEARING UP THE JUNIOR HEAVYWEIGHT DIVISION!  A FORMER HI-YAH JUNIOR HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION!  THE GREATEST X DIVISION CHAMPION OF ALL TIME!!!!!

The music gets louder, and he appears, hooded jacket, a series of Japanese symbols lining the back.  He stops for a second, and removes the hood, to reveal…

CRAZZZZYYYY VAAAAMMMPPIIIIIREEEE!!!!!!!!!

…NO JUST KIDDING, ITS AJ FUCKING FLAIRE!!!!

AJ poses for the thousands of flashbulbs going off all around the arena, before making his way down to the ring.  Spanish Fly is focused though, pacing around in the ring, waiting for his opponent to enter the squared circle.

BUFFER
From Deeeeeeeee-troit Michigan!  Weighing in tonight at two hundred and twelve pounds, a former OAOAST X Division and HI-YAH Junior Heavyweight Champion, Ladies and Gentlemen, wrestling in an OAOAST ring for the first time in over fifteen months, The PHEEEENNNOOOOMMEENNNNAAAALLLL… AYYYYYY. JAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYY FLLLLAAAAAIIIREEEEE!!!!!!

“YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!!!”

COLE
This is HUGE!  We last saw AJ Flaire just a couple of months ago when he returned with Ken Baker to the OAOAST to help Gunner Sharps, but with the sickness of Ken and Austin’s father, AJ decided to tour Japan to get his singles career back on track!  He did better than that, wrestling in a wonderful series of matches with KENTA, before capturing HI-YAH’s Junior Heavyweight Belt once!  This should be amazing, we haven’t seen AJ wrestle in over a year!

COACH
I must say Michael, Axel must be commended for bringing this match to us tonight.  Whatever this board meeting is, they’d better take notice of the amazing talent the GM is bringing to HeldDown.

AJ steps into the ring and climbs the turnbuckles, receiving yet another ovation from the Tokyo Dome crowd.  The referee gets into position, and AJ removes his jacket, before loosening himself up for the upcoming challenge.  The referee checks both men’s attire for weapons and other nasty pasties, before signalling for the bell to ring, which it does, as if on cue.

*DING DING DING*

AJ and Fly meet in the middle of the ring, slapping hands, knowing that they’re about to put on a sound display of quickness, and agility for the fans.  They circle, ready to lock up, and do so in the middle of the ring with a collar and elbow.  AJ goes behind in a waistlock, and lifts the lighter Spanish Fly high in the air for a waistlock takedown.  Fly is able to roll over and get to his feet, before dropping down and using his legs to take AJ over in a pinning combination…

ONE!

But AJ kicks out once he realises what’s going on.  AJ charges at Fly, Fly ducks, AJ comes off of the ropes, but Fly catches him in an armdrag, which AJ quickly gets up from.  AJ breaks the armringer and torque’s Fly’s left arm himself, sending the masked Mexican for an Irish Whip.  Fly comes off the ropes, AJ tries a Tilt a Whirl, Fly counters and spins AJ around, trying a headscissors, but AJ pushes Fly off, who uses his amazing agility to land on his hands and use his momentum to take himself over, rolling through and landing on his feet.

COLE
If J.R was here, he’d say that these two men were…

JR
QUICKER THAN A BAH GAWD HICCUP!

COACH
How the hell does he do that?

AJ and Fly lock up again in the centre of the ring, Fly goes to the side headlock, AJ tries to take him over with a back suplex, Fly flips backward behind AJ, grabs a waistlock, AJ runs into the ropes, holding on causing Fly to be whipped backward, AJ runs at Fly, Fly ducks an elbow attempt, boot to the midsection by Spanish Fly, AJ reacts by ducking his head, Fly off the ropes, Sunset Flip!

ONE!

AJ counters, pinning combination!

ONE!

Fly counters, rolling out and flipping over into a bridge!

ONE!

AJ powers up, turns Fly over, backslide by AJ!

ONE!

Fly kicks out once again, both men up, lockup for a third time, AJ gets the side headlock, Fly tries to get out of it, can’t, AJ wrenches away, Fly with an elbow, pushes AJ into the ropes, AJ comes off with a shoulder block, Fly  goes down.  AJ off the ropes, Fly ducks under, AJ goes off the other side now, this time Fly jumps over the advancing former X Champion, both men stop, turn around, and attempt dropkicks, with both missing!  Both Junior Heavyweights up again, this time stopping, taking guard, and taking a moment to compose themselves, as the Tokyo Dome give them a huge ovation!

CABOOSE
Now that, my friends, is why we are here.  Wrestling.  Pure, beautiful wrestling.

COLE
Great series of catch-as-catch-can lightweight, fast-paced wrestling from AJ Flaire and Spanish Fly.  I’ve missed the former X Champion, he never stops moving, perpetually in motion, is AJ Flaire.

The two wrestlers lock up once again, with AJ using his leverage advantage to push Fly into the corner.  

*SLAP*

‘WOOOOO!!!!!’

After breaking the hold, AJ connects with a hard knife-edged chop that sends Fly reeling.  

*SLAP*

‘WOOOOOOOOOO!!!’

Another chop, and Fly clutches at his chest, which is slowly turning beet-red.

*SLAP*

‘WOOOOOOOOOOO!!!’

A third chop, followed quickly by a hard forearm to the temple.  AJ grabs a hold of Spanish Fly’s left arm and whips him into the opposite corner, where he lands back-first against the turnbuckle.  Fly comes out of the corner with a head of steam, landing a right hand to AJ, who takes a couple of steps back to absorb the blow.  AJ comes back with a forearm, before hooking Fly’s tights and shoulder, and taking the young Mexican over for a beautiful T-Bone suplex.  AJ transitions around to mount Fly, and hits the cruiserweight with a tough forearm, before helping him to his feet.  Another forearm shot later and AJ hooks Fly up for a Back Suplex, taking him high in the air, and dropping the poor guy on the back of his head!

COACH
Vicious suplexes from AJ Flaire right there, he’s picking Spanish Fly apart tonight.

Fly grasps at the back of his head on impact, but AJ is right there, on his opponent, not giving him a moment’s rest.  AJ grabs Fly by the mask to pull him up, and when the young Mexican is at his feet, AJ brings him right back down to the ground with a hard knee to the face!

CABOOSE
You can see where he got that from.

COLE
Axel’s been teaching him the benefits of a good knee!

AJ drops to the mat for a cover…

ONE!!!

TWONO!  Fly kicks out at two, even after the hard knee shot rocked his socks off.

COLE
AJ hasn’t lost a step guys, out for another year with another back injury, he actually stayed out long enough to let it heal this time.  He doesn’t want another episode like the I Quit Match with Drek Stone.

AJ gets Fly to his feet again, this time wrenching his opponents arm, booting him in the midsection, and sending the Mexican for an Irish Whip.  Fly comes off the ropes, ducks a chop by AJ, AJ turns around, and eats a dropkick!  AJ up quickly, but he’s taken down by a flying forearm from Spanish Fly.  AJ up again, but he eats another flying forearm!

COLE
Spanish Fly is mounting an offence!

Fly brings the former X Champ to his feet and sends him into the corner sternum first, before driving a shoulder into the surgically-repaired back of his opponent!  And a second!  A third!  With AJ writhing in pain, Fly takes him out of the corner and grabs him by the neck in a kind of Camel Clutch, before dropping back and driving both his knees into the back of AJ Flaire!

CARLITO
Stealing moves? Daz not cool.

Fly with the quick cover…

ONE!!!

TW-NO!  AJ kicks out just as the referee counts two!

Fly comes off of the ropes, and lands a quick leg drop to the throat of AJ, allowing him to plan his next move.  Fly decides to go out of the ring and onto the apron, measuring AJ Flaire.  AJ gets to his feet, and Fly springs onto the top rope…

…and connects with a flying crossbody!  COVER!

ONE!!!!!!

TWOOOONO!  AJ kicks out at two again!

COLE
Beautiful cross body by Spanish Fly, he’s really managed to mount an offence quickly in this match up.

Fly with right hands to AJ, trying to stop his opponent from getting to his feet.  He fails, and AJ comes back with a forearm.  Fly with a right hand and AJ with another forearm.  Fly stomps the knee of Flaire, who loses balance momentarily, allowing Fly to come off the ropes with a front dropkick, sending AJ back to the mat.  Cover by Fly again…

ONE!!!

TWNO!  AJ kicks out once again, as Fly failed to hook the leg.

AJ sits up, but Fly is immediately on him, digging his knee into AJ’s back, and wrapping his hands under his chin for a chinlock.  Wrenching away at AJ’s back and neck, the crowd start to get involved, as the notoriously quiet Tokyo fans come alive and start to mildly cheer, knowing that the hold should be broken by AJ soon.

COLE
Good strategy by Spanish Fly, focusing on the back and neck of AJ Flaire.  There still has to be some tenderness there guys.

AJ, hands in the air trying to reach for the ropes, the referee, a Coke, something, struggles in the hold, with the Tokyo crowds’ clapping slowly gaining momentum.

CABOOSE
Spanish Fly is showing that he can hang with guys of AJ’s calibre.  He’s doing well for himself tonight.

AJ finally gets to one knee, shaking his fists, trying to use his strength and heart to get out of the hold.  Turning around, he buries an elbow into the midsection of Spanish Fly, who jerks back, but doesn’t release the hold.  Another elbow, but Fly keeps the chinlock locked in.  A third elbow, and Fly finally releases the hold!  AJ with a hard forearm to the temple of Spanish Fly, and another, a third, and a knee to the stomach.  Irish Whip by AJ Flaire, Spanish Fly comes off of the ropes, AJ goes for a Tilt-a-Whirl Slam…

…but Spanish Fly turns it into a headscissors!

COLE
Spanish Fly with the flying headscissors!  Great move by Spanish Fly!

AJ, up quickly from the headscissors, charges at Spanish Fly, Fly jumps onto AJ’s shoulders, and takes him over with a Hurricanrana!!

COLE
Hurricanrana!  He’s got the legs hooked!  Pinning Combination by Spanish Fly!!

ONEEE!!!!

TWOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

NOOOO!!!  AJ gets out of the pinning predicament!

Fly brings AJ to his feet and backs him into the corner.  A right hand by Fly rocks the former X Champion, a second has him on Dream Street.  Fly steadies, and goes for another hard right, but AJ ducks under, turning around, and unloading on Spanish Fly with a quick series of chops!

*SLAP* WOOOO!
*SLAP* WOOOO!
*SLAP* WOOOO!
*SLAP* WOOOO!

AJ with a knee to the midsection, and a front face lock applied.  Flaire tries to suplex Spanish Fly, but the pocket rocket Mexican blocks the hold once, twice, three times, before turning it around, and lifting AJ up in a front face lock…

…and sitting him on the top rope.  Fly joins AJ on the turnbuckles shortly thereafter, connecting with a series of right hands, and signalling for a top rope hurricanrana!

COLE
This is dangerous for both men, if Spanish Fly hits this move, then its all over!  If he misses, AJ is back in this match!  Do or die for both men!

Fly tries to distract AJ long enough to hit the ‘rana, but AJ lands a hard forearm shot to the temple of his opponent, sending Spanish Fly off balance!  AJ uses this sudden opening, pushing Spanish Fly off the top rope and to the canvas, where he lands with a hard thud!

CABOOSE
Fly took a great risk there, and it didn’t pay off.  Rookie mistake by Spanish Fly.

AJ regains his composure while Spanish Fly is down on the mat, and then gets a burst of energy, standing on the top rope, measuring his Mexican opponent! Fly struggles to his feet, unaware of AJ leaping off the top rope…

...and hitting A TOP ROPE ENZIGURI!

COLE
AJ Flaire hits Elegance from the top rope!  Spanish Fly is down!  AJ is up, and he’s fired up!

AJ gets straight up after hitting the move, using the ropes to maintain his vertical base, and signalling to the crowd that he’s going for it all!

COACH
A rush of adrenaline for AJ Flaire, but what’s he got in store?

Spanish Fly stirs, so AJ helps him to his feet.  Front face lock applied by AJ Flaire… and he takes Spanish Fly over for a Vertical Suplex… and holds onto the face lock, his hips whipping over, and ready for a second vertical suplex… yes!  AJ hits the second!

COLE
We’ve seen this before guys, this isn’t your usual three amigos, this is what AJ calls the trifecta, he’s going for a brainbuster!

AJ with the front face lock still applied, Fly tries to block the suplex, AJ gets Fly up, Fly tries in vain to counter the move…

...but gets DROPPED with a Brainbuster instead!

CABOOSE
He ain’t moving.

COACH
Spanish Fly just got dropped on his head!  AJ’s going for the win!

AJ looks at the fallen Spanish Fly and then the fans, who respond with cheers for the X Division legend.  In a scene reminiscent of AJ’s many title defences, he ascends the turnbuckles, stopping at the top rope, although I’m sure if he could go higher and put himself in a higher degree of personal danger, he’d jump at the chance.  AJ, not looking at his opponent, facing the fans, jumps off the turnbuckles, twisting in mid-air…

…TWISTING 450 SP-NO!!!!!

COLE
Spanish Fly moved out of the way of Good Taste!

…but AJ uses his momentum to roll through and land on his feet!

COACH
What amazing athleticism!

CABOOSE
Great ring presence by both men.

AJ turns around to see Spanish Fly attempting to get up.  AJ runs at Fly, Fly ducks a clothesline attempt by AJ, AJ comes off the ropes, charges at Fly, but Fly is wary of this, stepping to the side and sending AJ down and into the ropes with a drop toehold!

COLE
Can Spanish Fly capitalize with a 6-1-9?  After those suplexes, who knows?

Fly, holding the back of his head still from the brainbuster, sucks it up and runs to the ropes, flies off…

..and HITS THE 619!!!!

COLE
SIX-ONE-NINE CONNECTS!

COACH
You say that on every single SmackDown, I swear.

AJ flies off the ropes as a result of the 619, and his Mexican opponent positions himself on the ring apron, ready to deliver his finishing move, the Fly Swatter!  AJ takes a while to get up, with Spanish Fly poised, just waiting for the right moment.

COACH
AJ’s taking a while to get back up from the 619 guys, it must have really knocked the stuffing out of him!

AJ, head down, at his knees now, is in perfect position to receive the diving fame-asser, so Spanish Fly springboards onto the top rope, and off…

…BUT AJ MOVES!

COLE
He was foxin’!

AJ moved aside at the last moment, causing Spanish Fly to land hard on his tailbone, or as any normal speaking person would call it, his ASS.  Writhing in pain, Fly gets to his feet, where AJ is waiting.  Kick to the knee by AJ Flaire, Fly goes down to one knee, AJ measures…

…and KICKS HIM RIGHT IN THE FACE!

COLE
That’s Just Wrong!!!!

COACH
I know!  That stiff kick was bruuuuuuuutal!

COLE
No, that’s what AJ calls that combination, That’s Just Wrong!

CABOOSE
Well Spanish Fly certainly agrees right now!

AJ grabs Fly by the hair and positions him in a Standing Bodyscissors, throwing his arms out like AJ Styles does when he’s about to finish a guy.

COLE
AJ looking for That’s Phenomenal, me thinks…

But then, AJ does a weird little motion with his fingers.  The crowd aren’t quite sure what to ma…

…OH MY GOD HE JUST HIT THE CANADIAN DESTROYER!!!!

“YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAHHHHHH!!!!!”

COACH
:O

COLE
:O

CABOOSE
Well… THAT’S PHENOMENAL TOO GUYS!

COVER!

ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TWOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THREEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

“YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!”

*DING DING DING*

“Man in the Box begins as the crowd erupt at the three count, with Spanish Fly still not having moved from the brutal Canadian Destroyer he just took.

BUFFER
Ladies and Gentlemen, your winner of the match… AYYYY JAAAAAAYYY FLAAAAAIIIIREEEE!!!!!

COLE
AJ Flaire with the Flipping Piledriver… could that be the second version of That’s Phenomenal?

COACH
I think so Cole, AJ has not only evolved as a wrestler, his finishing move has evolved as well!

COLE
I just hope we see more of AJ in the future guys.

AJ gets his hand raised by the referee, before rolling out to greet the ringside fans, slap hands, and walk back up the ramp.  The Phenomenal One stops at the top of the ramp, and before he leaves, he extends his hands out to the crowd, before bowing humbly, and waving to the fans.

CABOOSE
AJ has always said what an honour it is to perform in front of these Japanese fans, and tonight, he showed that he’s still got it.

COLE
This night juet keeps getting bigger guys, and there’s more to come!  Eight Man Tag Team Action!  Team Heyross, Brock Ausstin and Reject collide with The Sooner Bruisers, Thunderkid, and the OAOAST Champion Alfdogg!  That’s coming up right after this commercial break!

Sign in to follow this