TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
KingPK

ESPN sucks, so do thread closers

All their female anchors are BUTT ugly. Except for that black one on ESPNEWS.

I think Rachel Nicols looks real good.

No she doesn't

She has the Sarah Jessica Parker thing going, if the make-up people do a good job of covering the mole on her chin she looks decent, if not Ugh

She looks pretty nice to me, but I'm often distracted by the way she stares unblinkingly into the camera sometimes.

If you were a Sportscenter anchor, what would your catch phrase be? I think mine would be "I like it, I love it, I want some more of it," but that might already be Linda Cohn's.

Sweet Sassy Malassy!

He gets happy go jackie on it like a donkey eating a waffle.

Slam-a-lamma-ding-dong!

Michelle Bonner would not be that bad to listen to if you were deaf and had the close captioning on. She might then be tolerable.

I guess that doing research before appearing on tv is out as prerequisite for being an ESPN analyst. Skip Bayless said on Cold Pizza today that Lebron hasn't made the leap because he can't get it done in close games or clutch situations. Uh, the Cavs won like 19 out of their last 21 games that were decided by four points or less.

Michelle Bonner, the hefty girl?

Hefty by your standards. Having never seen her anywhere but behind a desk, I can't gauge her dimensions. Real pretty face, though.

Which was followed by the awful article he wrote on Page 2 about Lebron. Apparently to Skip, it is Lebron's fault his team shot 9-41 for the entire game. And if I hear one more person talk about how Michael Jordan was better at this stage than Lebron I might stab someone. At age 21, Jordan was just about to be drafted into the NBA. At age 21, Lebron James is arguably the best player in the entire leauge. Also, Bayless's assertion that the Pistons are just a good team is a joke. Their run of 4 straight ECF's and having the chance to win a 2nd title in three years, with their only series loss coming in Game 7 of the Finals is a pretty impressive run that could be compared to the late 80's/ early 90's Pistons who had basically the exact same run and were for sure a great team

Oh yeah, then Bayless went on to say that the reason the rest of the Cavs sucked in Game 7 was because they look up to Lebron and take his lead or some shit. So these millionaire, best in the world basketball players can't suck it up and play a decent game because their best player is having an off night? How about his supporting cast sucks, you f'in idiot!

Which was followed by the awful article he wrote on Page 2 about Lebron. Apparently to Skip, it is Lebron's fault his team shot 9-41 for the entire game. And if I hear one more person talk about how Michael Jordan was better at this stage than Lebron I might stab someone. At age 21, Jordan was just about to be drafted into the NBA. At age 21, Lebron James is arguably the best player in the entire leauge. Also, Bayless's assertion that the Pistons are just a good team is a joke. Their run of 4 straight ECF's and having the chance to win a 2nd title in three years, with their only series loss coming in Game 7 of the Finals is a pretty impressive run that could be compared to the late 80's/ early 90's Pistons who had basically the exact same run and were for sure a great team

The Bad Boys did it against a league with much better teams. The current Pistons haven't run into one "all-time" team in their run, unless you want to call the final Shaq/Kobe Lakers team one. The old Pistons would anally rape the new ones, so for once I'd say Skip is actually on point.

The Bad Boys did it against a league with much better teams. The current Pistons haven't run into one "all-time" team in their run, unless you want to call the final Shaq/Kobe Lakers team one. The old Pistons would anally rape the new ones, so for once I'd say Skip is actually on point.

Maybe, maybe not. I know that those Bad Boys teams were really good, but it's hard to compare across eras. The game has just evolved too much since then. The Bad Boys were considered to be great defensively, but gave up almost 20 PPG more thant this current incarnation. Their bench was considerably better, though. I'll give you that.

These Pistons beat a good Lakers team, and nearly beat a really good Spurs team. If they win another title this year, I'm willing to put them up there as one of those all-time great teams.

These Pistons beat a good Lakers team

But was that Lakers team that good?

Yes, if the Pistons win it all, they are an all-time great team. There's no doubt.

Maybe, maybe not. I know that those Bad Boys teams were really good, but it's hard to compare across eras. The game has just evolved too much since then. The Bad Boys were considered to be great defensively, but gave up almost 20 PPG more thant this current incarnation. Their bench was considerably better, though. I'll give you that.

These Pistons beat a good Lakers team, and nearly beat a really good Spurs team. If they win another title this year, I'm willing to put them up there as one of those all-time great teams.

I just look it like this, the Bad Boys SWEPT a Lakers team with Magic, Kareem, Worthy and Byron Scott a year after barely losing to them in 7. They also beat two Jordan/Pippen led Bulls teams en route to their titles. The Pistons don't have one series victory that measures up to those. I also think the Bad Boys were just a much better balanced and offensive team than the current Pistons, and defensively they would match up well against the current Pistons.

The Bad Boys have 2 HoF guards, the current Pistons are solid players at the guard spot but neither is as good as Joe D, much less in Isiah's league. Rodman and Laimbeer match up favorably with Big Ben and 'Sheed. The only position where I think the new Pistons would have an edge is the SF, with Prince being better than Aguirre. However, the Bad Boys bench was so much deeper than any combination of guys the recent Pistons have. The series would be over in 5 or 6 tops with the Bad Boys winning.

IF the Pistons win the title this year, then they'll go down as having one of the best 4-5 year runs in league history, but I think I'd still look at them like the Rockets who went back to back, or the Spurs of the last half decade moreso than as one of those transcendent teams of the '80s and '90s.

Guest Princess Leena

I forgot Thea Andrews. She's so yummy. But, she's been relegated to that lame ESPN Hollywood show with AC Slater, and her hotness cannot overcome the suckness. It's probably cancelled by now.

It got cancelled like 6 months ago.

Rachel Nichols is still the best looking female reporter on ESPN.

The broad they've had covering Vinny Barbarino's surgery and the rest of the horsey stuff looks pretty fuckable.

Of course, I didn't have my glasses on and was half asleep. I can't even remember her name.

The broad they've had covering Vinny Barbarino's surgery and the rest of the horsey stuff looks pretty fuckable.

Of course, I didn't have my glasses on and was half asleep. I can't even remember her name.

Jeannine Edwards. Definitely worthy of a lengthy tapping.

I just look it like this, the Bad Boys SWEPT a Lakers team with Magic, Kareem, Worthy and Byron Scott a year after barely losing to them in 7. They also beat two Jordan/Pippen led Bulls teams en route to their titles. The Pistons don't have one series victory that measures up to those. I also think the Bad Boys were just a much better balanced and offensive team than the current Pistons, and defensively they would match up well against the current Pistons.

The Bad Boys have 2 HoF guards, the current Pistons are solid players at the guard spot but neither is as good as Joe D, much less in Isiah's league. Rodman and Laimbeer match up favorably with Big Ben and 'Sheed. The only position where I think the new Pistons would have an edge is the SF, with Prince being better than Aguirre. However, the Bad Boys bench was so much deeper than any combination of guys the recent Pistons have. The series would be over in 5 or 6 tops with the Bad Boys winning.

IF the Pistons win the title this year, then they'll go down as having one of the best 4-5 year runs in league history, but I think I'd still look at them like the Rockets who went back to back, or the Spurs of the last half decade moreso than as one of those transcendent teams of the '80s and '90s.

Also in the Bad Boy's Era the leagues scoring average was generally up alot so that takes away any cred the 20 ppg stat has. There where less teams so talent wasn't spread as thin.

It wasn't uncommon to see marginal teams go to 120+ point games, holding a team to less than 85-90 points was a notable feat.

The Pistons now are nowhere near any kind of all time team. They're the kind of team that makes the finals in hugely down years in the league. Since the Bulls dynasty fell apart let's face it...the Eastern Conference has sucked. There are multiple teams on a yearly basis that get in the playoffs with a losing record. My God, the New Jersey Nets made the finals twice. That'd be a team that would have been about like the Cleveland Cavaliers of the early 90s.

Sure, the Pistons beat the Lakers but by that point the Lakers were falling apart from within. Cause let's face it, a motivated Lakers that weren't at each other's throats (circa 2001 for instance) would have stomped the Pistons.

I think that's what irritates me about the Pistons. They have no level of dominance, beating the Nets in 2004 after trailing 3-2. Getting a huge break last year with Wade getting hurt while down 3-2 to the Heat. And this year having to go 7 to beat Lebron and his band of merry jobbers, again after being down 3-2.

The Pistons are destined to always be transition champions. At the end of the day, that's what the Bad Boys were. Transition champs from the Lakers/Celtics era to the Bulls era. The thing about these Pistons is that I'm not sure who the next big dynasty will be, so they might continue to contend for years.

Stop using wrestling terms in reference to real sports, I hate that

Face it, the Pistons just aren't over. Thank God Ken Kennedy is about to return from injury, he'll save the NBA.