TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
KingPK

ESPN sucks, so do thread closers

Guest Princess Leena

Sappy stories are one of the few things ESPN still does well.

But, I also hate them, because I'm heartless.

Anyone getting really sick of the human intrest stories on Sportscenter?

Damn you.

I like them, but some are overdone.

Anyone getting really sick of the human intrest stories on Sportscenter?

Yeah, they need to axe these and bring in more coverage of athletes getting busted for drugs, beating up their wives and raping women.

Reason 5427:

"Chasing Aaron"

...and while I'm on it, I finally caught Bonds on Bonds for the first time yesterday. What a horrible, horrible show. The fact that they are trying to show him as some kind of a sympathetic character is mind blowing, yet, 100% believable considering the network.

ESPN Classic is just a total waste of space. I am absolutley sick of watching 1930s boxing everyday for half the day, followed by old poker for the rest of the day.

I just like wish they'd used recent classics once in awhile, or any like classic game. That channel is so frustrating because it has so much potential.

The Boxing is fine, and was really the channel's bread and butter before ESPN took it over. They need to air more baseball though, because it's available and there is so damn much of it. All they have the next few weeks are classic Yankee/Red Sox games. There are so many classic games from the last 30 years that fans don't even know exist.

The Boxing is fine, and was really the channel's bread and butter before ESPN took it over. They need to air more baseball though, because it's available and there is so damn much of it. All they have the next few weeks are classic Yankee/Red Sox games. There are so many classic games from the last 30 years that fans don't even know exist.

Some boxing is fine, but when they do the six hour special on one guy, it's pretty annoying, since they usually air another six hour piece right after it. 12 hours of boxing sucks when you don't want to watch as much as 15 minutes of it.

I'd like to add that I'm cursing Kingpk for this, because these threads never die.

If only ESPN stopped doing things that suck

Classic only seems to show anything of worth during college football season when they show old rivalry games to hype up that week's contests.

Guest Coffey

The only time I ever watch ESPN Classic is when Cheap Seats showed old wrestling shows with Bobo Brazil, Haystacks Calhoune, etc.

...or the occasional dunk contest.

Classic only seems to show anything of worth during college football season when they show old rivalry games to hype up that week's contests.

That's pretty much their policy now, only show classic games when there is an event coming up. Like last month they had an NBA playoff marathon and I'm sure right before the finals start they'll have an NBA Finals marathon. At any other point the channel is useless.

The channel is always doing the "Ringside" specials for six hours, followed by some "Top 5 reasons..." nonsense.

I wish they'd do the theme days again. They'd have a few classic games and sportscentury shows dedicated to a team or subject. I enjoyed them.

I like Cheap Seats, but Arliss is awful. Awful. The one person at ESPN who thinks that show is funny should be fucking executed.

Guest Princess Leena

ESPN's tennis coverage just gets worse and worse...

I think their plan is to eventually only 10 hours per day of only Roddick replays of his 1st round losses, and interviews.

Guest JustPassinBy

Stuart Scott, Chris Berman, and Screamin A Smith make the channel virtually unwatchable.

I love NBA playoffs, but they suck so bad on ESPN. ESPN is just horrible with the NBA, at least compared to TNT.

Also too much Bonds, TO, Red Sox-Yanks, Duke...the channel has gone to crap.

The only good things on the ESPN family of networks are ESPNNews with Brian Kenny, Pardon the Interruption, and their "The Season" series.

Guest JustPassinBy
Brian Kenny is easily ESPN's most underrated anchor. The guy even knows a decent amount about tennis! I wonder why they don't use him more... oh, because he's not an annoying jerk like every SC anchor.

Kenny and Kellerman on Friday Nite Fights were awesome.

Its too bad Max didnt stick with Boxing, bc he was great at that.

I didnt really like hearing him talk about other sports once he got to ATH, and then left to do a Fox show that bombed. Last I saw him he was on MSNBC.

Kellerman should have stuck with Boxing. Kenny, Kellerman, and Teddy Atlas were the best in the business, unless you want to go to the old timers like Burt Sugar (who I dont think will be surpassed).

Guest JustPassinBy
The only ESPNews anchors who are annoying:

The Spanish guy, who must ALWAYS overpronounce every Hispanic players' name.

Cindy Brunson, just because she's scary.

Bill Pidto, although I think he left a while ago. He's just a jerk.

One of the Dream Job guys, not the most recent one. He puts himself over too much.

Kirk Giminez is the spanish guy.

Way way way annoying.

Yeah dude, we get it. You're Latino. You can probably even speak spanish.

Get a clue no one gives a fuck.

The best Latin guy on ESPN is probably Orestes Destrade. He should be a full timer on BBTN. He's very good.

Guest JustPassinBy
Rachel Nichols is still the best looking female reporter on ESPN.

Colleen Dominguez, Alex Flanagan, and even old school Melissa Stark.

I'd throw in Erin Andrews but she's over exposed and her face isnt that attractive.

That thing on ESPN right now about racism in soccer is maddening.

The World Cup in Germany is going to show a lot of people some terrible things.

Thank god for satellite radio, so I longer have to hear that peice of shit show Mike and Mike In The Morning. It's funny seeing Greenberg trying to act like a hard-ass, and falling flat on his face. Most of the cartoons/songs suck, and keep to sports for once. I don't want to hear about a fucking wedding, a book or The Break Up. I just want to hear about sports, and not the only Tony S. speil out of Greenberg. Sad thing, these guys make Peter Brown look like some great sports analyst.

Guest Smues

I went to ESPN.com as I often do, and that STUPID PIECE OF SHIT ESPN mobile ad starting automatically playing. FUCK YOU ESPN.

Guest Felonies!
I went to ESPN.com as I often do... ...FUCK YOU ESPN.

When crack addicts become displeased with their dealers it's far too late to do anything about it.

I went to ESPN.com as I often do, and that STUPID PIECE OF SHIT ESPN mobile ad starting automatically playing. FUCK YOU ESPN.

You know there are other sports sites on the interweb.

Sappy stories are one of the few things ESPN still does well.

But, I also hate them, because I'm heartless.

I have to go the Anne Coulter route on this one by saying "Stop exploiting these people".