TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
KingPK

ESPN sucks, so do thread closers

It's funny how Jackson came out the worst of the Limbaugh situation.

that's EXACTLY what I was thinking of...he was just so pompous...yeah what Rush said was dumb (true or not), but Jackson's rant was ridiculous.

oh yeah, then he turns around and forgives his colleague for getting busted AGAIN with drugs, who, by the way, is STILL employed for the same company that recently fired a baseball analyst for being flirty to a female employee!

Guest Princess Leena

So true.

That whole Rush situation was so ridiculously overblown. I agree what he said was unnecessary for that conversation, but there was nothing racist about it, and he was right. And Rush was hired to say controversial things like that. There's no doubt that blacks will receive more attention for being successful in a largely white occupation... especially from other blacks. Even when they openly don't give a shit and waste their talents, like in the tennis world, and are still treated as the best, but we don't need to get into that.

What I found funniest was that when Rush said that about McNabb, NONE of other guys said a thing or even seemed offended about it, whatsoever. And then it's the worst thing ever to ol' TJ one week later. And Berman never even thought of McNabb being black! Whatever.

Skins too, Adam Archuletta!

Michael Irvin: "Archuletta is just too slow! The white boy can't keep up with those fierce black receivers!"

Tom Jackson: "There are certain positions white guys can't play...Defensive Back is one of those positions, Boomer!"

Chris Berman: "Boy, you're not kiddin' Tommy!"

Ditka: "...."

Jaws: "Eagles are winning it all this year!"

Cossell was good on Monday Night Football, and had great chemistry with Meridith and Gifford. Before Monday Night Footbal, Cossell worked with Ali, and was on various ABC sports programs. With the exception of PTI and any other ESPN specials, Kornheiser has done nothing that's even on the level of MNF. All the Kornheiser does is getting into fights with Joey Sunshine, and it got boring and annoying after a few weeks. Kornheiser reminds me more of Dennis Miller at this point.

I hate how ESPN is acting like Bob Knight murdered a class full of children before feasting on their souls. This morning on the radio I kept hearing how "hit" or "struck" a player and should be fired immediately and banned from basketball. Finally I see the incident at lunch... he barely nudged the guy's chin to get him to look at him. The player and his parents said there was nothing wrong at all. Why is ESPN trying to force-feed us this story?!

TEXAS TECH, THE PARENTS AND THE PLAYER SAID ITS OK!

STOP IT!

God damn ESPN, get over it and stop pretending you are ABCNEWS. You are a freakin sports network you morons.

It's Tuesday. Hasn't T.O done anything yet so they can spend the entire telecast covering instead of this non-story.

Edit: Even half of these people are saying "It's not a big deal"...so why are you talking about it?!?

It's a fucking tap on the chin! I used to get slapped, pulled and head-butted by my coaches and I never cared. That's part of sports.

and with WHO was Tom Brady having dinner with? THAT is the question.

If for some reason it was Terrell Owens, the ESPN universe would collapse on itself.

Guest cardsfan31

I like how ESPN'S homepage has the Bob Knight story and refers to it as "the slap". Even though it was nothing like a slap. Silly ESPN trying to make this seem significant. :rolleyes:

Guest Princess Leena

It's not just ESPN with this Knight crap. The local radio idiots had a serious argument on how YOU DON'T TOUCH PLAYERS. Shut the fuck up. And the media wonders why Knight treats them like a joke.

It's not like a random Boston/NY game in May being treated like the most important event in the history of baseball.

The hype and attention for #1 vs #2 at the end of the season between one of the biggest rivalries in all of sports to basically determine who plays for the national title in 6 weeks is actually warranted.

It's not like a random Boston/NY game in May being treated like the most important event in the history of baseball.

The hype and attention for #1 vs #2 at the end of the season between one of the biggest rivalries in all of sports to basically determine who plays for the national title in 6 weeks is actually warranted.

I can't really see anyone outside of Michigan or Ohio really caring much about the game though outside of a passing interest in seeing who makes it to the championship. I'll probably watch it, but its been beated to death ad nauseum all week (and most of the past 3 or 4 weeks) on ESPN. But then again, I have a hard time getting into any college football games at all because of the stupid BCS system. Maybe I'm biased.

Guest Smues

True, but the "COUNTDOWN TO JUDGEMENT DAY" ticker on EspnNews is a bit extreme.

I can't really see anyone outside of Michigan or Ohio really caring much about the game though outside of a passing interest in seeing who makes it to the championship. I'll probably watch it, but its been beated to death ad nauseum all week (and most of the past 3 or 4 weeks) on ESPN. But then again, I have a hard time getting into any college football games at all because of the stupid BCS system. Maybe I'm biased.

WTF?

This is an unprecedented game (1 vs 2 in November) in the biggest rivalry in the sport, with definitive national title implications. It'll probably do a bigger national rating than any of this year's MLB playoff games. As a matter of fact, it might end up outdoing the actual national title game depending on who gets the # 2 spot.

Your argument is like saying that no one would outside of Carolina would watch Duke/UNC in the Final 4 in the NCAA tourney.

This is not the first time #1 and #2 have met in November. It's just the first time that Michigan/Ohio State has involved the top two teams, that's all.

There's a ticker on ESPNEWS? Yikes. I think the whole "ESPN on ABC" thing is starting to rear its ugly head.

No one ever said this was the first time 1 and 2 met in November.

Why did they have to dust off that obnoxious makeout commercial between the OSU dude and Michigan chick? I'd seen that one more than enough times to last a lifetime.

This is an unprecedented game (1 vs 2 in November) in the biggest rivalry in the sport, with definitive national title implications.

Okay.

Right, it's an unprecedented game in the biggest rivalry in the sport.

But, honestly, do rivalries mean anything to anyone outside of those who have a vested interest in the team? I live outside of Portland, OR and the Oregon-Oregon State game is HUGE here, but I don't think much of the rest of the country cares. Being 1 vs 2 puts a little extra luster on the game, but does it make "the biggest game in the history of college football" as ESPN is making it out to be?

But, honestly, do rivalries mean anything to anyone outside of those who have a vested interest in the team? I live outside of Portland, OR and the Oregon-Oregon State game is HUGE here, but I don't think much of the rest of the country cares. Being 1 vs 2 puts a little extra luster on the game, but does it make "the biggest game in the history of college football" as ESPN is making it out to be?

That'll depend on how the game goes. Assuming it lives up to the hype, it would almost certainly be one of the top 10 biggest non-bowl games ever.

People want to see great teams play each other, regardless of where they happen to be located. Oklahoma/Nebraska in 1971, which would seem to be just a Big 8 rivalry on the surface, was called the Game of the Century, because it pitted #1 vs. #2 in the last game of the season, which also happened to be incredible.

I have very little interest in the Big 10, and I guarantee I'll be watching.