TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Special K

Big love

It's about a polygamous family. It has a fucking killer cast. Bill Pxcton, Chloe "blow" Sevigny, Jeanne Tripplehorne, Amanda Seyfreid. It's a kickass show. I think it's one of HBO's better offerings, recently. PLus it has Tina Marjarino. Who is establishing herself as consistently awesome.

It's getting better. I wasn't blown away with the first couple of episodes, but I'm liking it the more I see it. And Ginnifer Goodwin who plays Marge is sooo damn cute.

I've seen bits and pieces of it. Can someone tell me why you have to see Bill Paxton's ass so frequently? I mean, really.

Guest Vitamin X
saw about 10 minutes of it the other night. it looked pretty terrible.

Ditto. Did the same thing a couple more times as well, and felt the exact same way each and every time, much like when I attempted to watch Sons & Daughters.

I watch it every week. I think it is solid. I think they are slowly building up for something big for the season finale.

I watch it too, mainly for Ginnifer Goodwin and because Bill Paxton is one of my all time favorite actors...the story is so-so, but as previously mentioned, it's building up and getting better.

I think, naturally with any new show, in the first season they have to concentrate on character building and slowly introduce new characters to the show. I mean I don't really remember any HBO series where the 1st season was the best.

Oz started out good right from day one...hell the very first episode centered around Beecher's arrival and Dino Ortellani was one of the best episodes...I'd say the episode where Adebisi gets killed may be better just by a hair.

For Oz my favorite seasons were 1 through the first half of 4. I'm not saying the show went down after Simon got killed...it was the ONLY thing left for his character, but they were stretching for stories after that

With Oz I'd say the midpoint to season 2 - Adebesi's death was the best period of the show.

Season 1 was good, but 2,3,4 were easily better.

Big Love is a very good show. I think it's great where it is since the Sopranos can be quite intense. I'll keep watching this show because while it's not the best drama or comedy, it has good characters and is just good TV in general.

I'll agree with that. I don't watch too many shows that are pretty much just labled as drama. But Big Love is one.

I loved Bill bargaining with his dad about the cost of making mom his first wife.

Last night was a good episode, and you can see by the scenes for next week that something big is going down by the end of the season....the slow build is very good tv.

Good news, says I.

I was into this the moment it aired. I keep waiting for the inevitable bitch-slapping Nicki is going to get.

I missed the last two episodes (thank god for On Demand), is there anything more going on between Margie and Bill's oldest son (can't think of his name), they seem to be close...I just chalk it up to her only being 21 and him being around 16 or 17 but you never know.

Good news, says I.

I was into this the moment it aired. I keep waiting for the inevitable bitch-slapping Nicki is going to get.

I'm thinking the finale will see Nicki either go back to Roman on the compound or leave the home all together with Season 2 beginning in the middle for the search for her.

Guest The Satanic Angel

Wish I had HBO.. I was interested in watching this series. :(

Damn penny-pinching dad..

Damn, you just don't fuck with Roman Grant. Albie sucks. That was a weird deal with him and the stranger from the grocery store.

Nicky may just be the most hatable person on all of TV right now.

Margene may be the most lovable, despite being somewhat of an airhead.

I love how they are playing that Bill's father (who is a cock and a half) might have been poisoned by either his first wife or Roman. I wouldn't doubt if it wasn't a little bit of both.

Also, the opening sequence and theme song work well.

Well just in case I'm not the only person still watching this show.....we are two episodes into season 3, and this season is setting up all sorts up dramatic stuff........I'll save any details for those who haven't seen the episodes yet, and also until I find out if anyone else is even watching this show besides me....

P.S. It's fucking great!!!

thought about restarting the thread myself.

Oh Ablie's demons again, awesome stuff. Only seen episode one, for some reason 2 isn't on demand yet, but I'm DVRing it tonight in case it doesn't show up.

Great start to the season though.

thought about restarting the thread myself.

Oh Ablie's demons again, awesome stuff. Only seen episode one, for some reason 2 isn't on demand yet, but I'm DVRing it tonight in case it doesn't show up.

Great start to the season though.

Yeah you're gonna be like "whaaaa hahahahahahahahah" as episode 2 of the season closes. I mean you can kinda see it coming...but still.....