TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest jaderock

Thoughts on the new WWE talent

Guest jaderock

Armando Alejandro Estrada, formerly known Osama Rodriguez Alejandro in OVW, was halirous in his 1st week and I think he's a natural on the mic!!! As a "newcomer" he immediately got my attention unlike Chris Masters and the Spirit Squad (who were/are shoved down your throats until we accept them). Didn't he swear in Spanish? The Spanish broadcast of RAW bleeped him several times.

Umaga, best known as Jamal of Three Minute Warning and All Japan fame, CAN make an impact dependent on how he is utilized...Positive - 1st week, he took Flair out...BIGGEST NEGATIVE - 2nd week his finishing move is the "dreaded Asianic spike" that Mr Fuji/Kendo Nagaski popularized...what will happen in Week 3 - the "pearl habour" comment and "salt in the face" returning. Man, what other things will Vince do to offend people?!

-----

The Great Khali - didn't he have a line or two in " the Longest Yard"? I need close captions to understand this freak!

-----

Vince and Shane in church was funny - thank GOD I'm not religious!

No, see S.S actually got over. Masters, has yet to do this and probably won't accomplish that at any point in the near future.

Vince and Shane aren't quite "new WWE talent"

The Spirit Squad has grown on me quite a bit. Kenny stands out the most, but Johnny's not too bad either.

I'm not feeling the Cuban Kamala at all. Umaga does nothing for me. Any time one of your signature moves involves your ass, it's hard for me to take you seriously. Plus, how does he go from using the Hercules Cutter in his debut to using the freaking Asiatic Spike the next week?

However, AAE is awesome. He needs to cross paths with Daivari at some point.

The Great Khali sucks. Big retarded guy with lame offense. Just what we need.

Guest jaderock
Vince and Shane aren't quite "new WWE talent"

They were looking for God...I'm not sure if GOD signed the legendary contract yet tho! :D

The Spirit Squad have really grown on me over the past couple of weeks. Kenny is definately the standout. Gunner Scott/Brent Albright has impressed me and so did Colt Cabana/Chris Guy in his non-squash matches on Velocity.

Umaga is horrible and the Great Khali is even worse. I'm pretty sure one or both of them are going to seriously injure someone. Estrada didn't engage me at all either.

I seriously doubt The Miz will have much to offer either but I'll wait till his debut to make up my mind. I'm still hoping for Shannon Moore.

Umaga is terribly annoying, but AAE really seems natural with the mic. The Great Khali has impressive physique but nothing more, I'm waiting for a real match to judge him more.

The Miz - the one and only guy who I hate just seeing his promos. Any idea if he has any talent?

Umaga is terribly annoying, but AAE really seems natural with the mic. The Great Khali has impressive physique but nothing more, I'm waiting for a real match to judge him more.

The Miz - the one and only guy who I hate just seeing his promos. Any idea if he has any talent?

Miz, is a good promo and a decent bumper.

As for the Joe=Umaga? Probably, although considering McMahon is so high on Cena, it's possible that Cena convinces McMahon not to give Joe that gimmick.

Why would Cena care? Do the two have a history?

Cena and Joe, trained together and worked in UPW. They are good friends, and Cena even went to Joe for permission to use the "The Champ is Here" catchphrase. Cena, praised Joe recently(like everyone else) and Joe, has defended Cena as well.

Umaga - what waste. They would have been better off just bringing back 3MW with Rosey, and then maybe they would have something for Bischoff to do.

I'm kind of curious as to why everyone is saying that Umaga is terrible when all he's done so far is beatdown Ric Flair and squash Colt Cabana. Yes, his gimmick is terrible, but so are the Spirit Squad's and they're not that bad. I mean, I don't think it's too much to wait for the guy to have an actual match and see if he learned anything from his time in Japan.

Its not that, he's just shit. just plain shit.

and didnt the giant kill someone?

Guest jaderock
and didnt the giant kill someone?

yes he did...NOTE:Unfortunately, best known as the person who applied the move that caused the death of Brian Ong, a wrestling trainee, back in 5/28/2001. Singh, at the time was a trainee as well. Here's what the verdict was in the case

It's ironic, they encourge the wrestlers to work safer and do less stunty work and rule out stuff like piledrivers and alot of high flying stuff but they give these pushes to a guy who is known for injuring not just wrestlers but Diva's as well and another guy who actually caused the death of another worker.

Come on now Hawk. I applaud Vince for banning Paul London from doing the SSP off the top rope, just in case he injures someone, and giving fine, misunderstood wrestlers such as Dalip a second chance and young up and comers like Ashley a chance when no one else would give it to her. Bravo!

Guest Heel Heat

Umaga is way to over the top, they could have leaned toward the islander gimmick without the "jungle boy" personality, what would have been so bad with just giving him a modern day Maori (is that how you spell it?) gimmick, somebody that posessed a modern day warrior spirit?

AAE is ok on the mic so far but man is he an ugly guy.

Giant Singh has got one fued and PPV match in him.

Bad debut for Gunner, is was good that he won but they should have carried it over later in the show to properly introduce him and show a little bit of his character, that is if they have developed one yet.

Guest jenzie

Armando Alejandro Estrada: ugh, his voice just gets on my nerves! and i thought eddie guererro mangled an accent??

Umaga: well, he beat up opie (flair), and destroyed a nobody the next week ..... and he's big and fast and angry and looks like a very big fast angry samoan :D

they both balance out, i guess

HOWEVER

Khali/Singh: the entrance ..... it was an exact copy of giant gonzales in the RR, it bored me! should have been more original! in fact, the whole storyline is the same as that .....

KAMALA = MARK HENRY

GONZALES = KHALI/SINGH

hopefully both henry and khali/singh team up to take on the dead man!

i like the spirit squad ..... as in hate their guts :firing:

and i think that the carlito/masters feud is goning to EXPLODE!!!!

The prospect of a "Cuban Nature Boy" was awesome..and then they blew it by having him just be a manager for UMAGA!

Dalip Singh will last about as long as Nathan Jones.

Oh, and I think the MIZ might actually work as long as all of his matches are in wacky promo form with water balloon tossing and "if I was a booger would you pick me" comments directed towards Randy Orton.

If they keep Dalip Singh from doing that much before the PPV, he and the Undertaker's match will be HUGE for the marks. Not probably beyond that one match, but the first match will draw well, regardless of whether or not he's a great worker.

Nah, man. People are saying that probably the gimmick that Vince would have tried to stick with Joe.

And the Miz will be wretling house shows and internet matches in a few weeks, unless he somehow catches on.

Bad debut for Gunner, is was good that he won but they should have carried it over later in the show to properly introduce him and show a little bit of his character, that is if they have developed one yet.

Agreed. I also think they should have given him a follow up match this week on SD. If they're really serious about pushing this guy(which they may not be), they're obviously gonna have to give him regular ring-tme.

I doubt the UT/Dalip feud will last very long. UT will have one or two matches with this guy and tell Vince how bad he sucks, how dangerous he is in the ring, and that will be that.

I may well have seen Osama/Armando's debut with this gimmick. It was at an OVW house show back in November. He'd been down in OVW doing an Arab gimmick as simply Osama, and was a total jobber. I didn't even realize it was him when he came out doing his Cuban druglord/dictator gimmick.

Here's a guy in OVW to keep an eye out for in the future: Kasey James. He did this hilarious Memphis heel schtick at that same house show, and now he's also proving he can work face as well. He and Roadkill have the tag belts on OVW.

Why did WWE give Jamal such a stupid, 80s like gimmick such as Umaga? Damn, haven't we seen enough wild Samoan gimmicks over the last quarter century? They should have just reformed 3 Minute Warning and called it a day. No wonder Samoa Joe refused to come to WWE. They'd just kill his creds.

The Cuban dude, Alejandro whatever his name is, sucks. I just don't like his character right now.

I love the Spirit Squad. Just love them.

Did they intentionally make the Great Singh into some kind of retard? What a waste of money and airtime.

He and Roadkill have the tag belts on OVW.

why doesnt danny dorring hold the belts with roadkill? just out of curiosity.

the spirit squad really have grown on me, i like them cause they suck.

Why did WWE give Jamal such a stupid, 80s like gimmick such as Umaga?

cause they have a shit creative team?

If they keep Dalip Singh from doing that much before the PPV, he and the Undertaker's match will be HUGE for the marks. Not probably beyond that one match, but the first match will draw well, regardless of whether or not he's a great worker.

I think you're right. Im not sure if it will be a draw but it will be a cool thing for the marks. I was a mark in 1993 when Giant Gonzalz did his angle with Taker. Despite knowing he was pretty bad and that the painted muscles was silly (which the swedish announcers said all the time - they did alot of shoot commentary) it was still really cool to see such a huge man. Even back then I didnt like Taker vs Gonzales on WM IX but it was still a pretty coolt hing to just see him because of his size.

That way Yokozuna worked for me back in the early 90'ies for me as well.