1) San Antonio (4-2)

8) Sacramento

4) Dallas (4-1)

5) Memphis

2) Phoenix (4-1)

7) LA Lakers

3) Denver

6) LA Clippers (4-3)

What are your guys award picks? Here are mine...

MVP - Kobe Bryant

Defensive Player of the Year - Ben Wallace

6th Man - Mike Miller

Rookie of the Year - Chris Paul

Most Improved Player - Mike James

Coach of the Year - Avery Johnson

MVP - Steve Nash

Defensive Player of the Year - Andrei Kirilenko

6th Man - Mike Miller

Most Improved Player - Boris Diaw

Coach of the Year - Byron Scott

MVP - Steve Nash (However, Kobe will win it.)

Defensive Player of the Year - AK-47

6th Man - Mike Miller

Most Improved Player - Mike James and Diaw. I can't pick one.

Coach of the Year - Phil Jackson

Guest Dolfan483

The bulls are my team, and i just have this feeling that they will upset the heat...ok,ok, let the haters begin.

MVP - Steve Nash

6th Man - Mike Miller

I agree with these, except I'd give Coach to Dunleavy.

Guest Vitamin X
The bulls are my team, and i just have this feeling that they will upset the heat...ok,ok, let the haters begin.

Sorry, but the Bulls are probably getting swept.

MVP - Steve Nash

6th Man - Mike Miller

I agree with these, except I'd give Coach to Dunleavy.

no doubt...I've been out of touch with the NBA the past couple of seasons, but when I heard the Clips were back in the playoffs after so long I immediately thought damn, Dunleavy is getting it done over there, COTY!

Guest Vitamin X
Why do you think so, VX?

Damn you for editing that post. My original answer to your original post was:

Not the Bears. ;) But hey, maybe the Chargers. OH wait, probably not without Brees.

And I only said PROBABLY.. Of all the first round matchups, Chicago seems to me, probably the most overmatched. They really snuck into the 7th seed by accident, and I'm thinking maybe the Bucks might even give the Pistons more of a fight, but they'll most likely get swept too.

To be fair to the Bulls, they managed to break even at .500 and at least not finish last in a division that sent everyone to the playoffs. Without the inside post presence they've been lacking all year and considering this is still a very young team that got in practically by luck of drawing an easy schedule down the stretch, they don't look like they'll have a good time of playing on the road against a better team.

I only edited it as to not come off as a jackass about it. I honestly think the Bulls are better than people give them credit for. I was kidding about them winning the East, and they are most likely a first round exit, but I can see them easily winning a game or two vs the Heat. Granted, everything must go right their way.

Also to dispel any thoughts, I am not a Chargers fan. I'm employed by them, thus I must pay them some attention, but in no way do I honestly care about them. The Bears? Oh yeah, those shots hurt... :(

Guest Dolfan483

well no shit that the Bulls dont have anybody down low, Tyson Chandler is to weak, Micheal Sweetney is too doppy, and Luke Schensher is a rookie with no expierience...but look at there guard play, Ben Gordon has been outstanding in there run, hinrich is averging a double double, nocioni is on fire, and deng has been brillant since he has come back from his concussion. I just have a feeling the Bulls will pull it out

well no shit that the Bulls dont have anybody down low, Tyson Chandler is to weak, Micheal Sweetney is too doppy, and Luke Schensher is a rookie with no expierience...

And therein lies your problem. Shaq and Zo will have a field day. Wade will outplay your guards too.

Awards

MVP: Kobe Bryant

He's been the most dominant player in basketball this year and without him, the Lakers are lucky to win 25 games. You can't tell me any player in basketball is more valuable to his team than Kobe. I'd give Dirk a close runner-up spot though, as he carried the Mavs to 60 wins.

Rookie of the Year: Chris Paul

I don't think anyone else is even close on this one. He led all rookies in points, assists, and steals, and at the age of 20 was the unquestioned leader on the Hornets.

Coach of the Year: Avery Johnson

The Mavericks made a huge leap on the defensive end this year due in large part to the intensity of their coach and it translated into the win column, as the Mavericks narrowly missed the one seed. I think too often, coaches that make a good team great are passed over for awards in favor of coaches that make a bad team good. Johnson deserves coach of the year this year. I'll give runner-up to Phil Jackson, as this year's squad that got the 7 seed has no more talent than last year's squad that missed the playoffs, and I think that the Lakers could have easily imploded watching Kobe shoot the ball 30 times a game if not for the veteran presence on the bench.

Other awards: ???

I haven't really followed the NBA well enough to comment on these this year so I won't. I guess Artest would be a cute choice for defensive player of the year since he improved Sacramento so much on that side of the ball, but I really haven't broken down multiple players for that quality, or paid much attention to sixth men either.

He's been the most dominant player in basketball this year and without him, the Lakers are lucky to win 25 games. You can't tell me any player in basketball is more valuable to his team than Kobe.

This argument goes double for LeBron. If you take LeBron off the Cavs, then the Cavs would be staring up at the Knicks.

He's been the most dominant player in basketball this year and without him, the Lakers are lucky to win 25 games. You can't tell me any player in basketball is more valuable to his team than Kobe.

This argument goes double for LeBron. If you take LeBron off the Cavs, then the Cavs would be staring up at the Knicks.

Cavs have a better team then the Lakers IMO.

Odom and Brown only really started to up their game, in the late quarter this season.

Cavs have much better front court depth(Big Z and Gooden), and the perfect combination of shooters(Damon Jones, Donyell Marshall, and Ronald Muray), and they also have Larry Hughes, even though he only played 36 games.

I guess we'll just agree to disagree.

Jones and Marshall are shooters, they just don't hit their open shots this year like they did in previous years. Murray is about the only consistent perimeter player I've seen. Hughes is a question mark since he can't stay healthy. I'll give you Big Z is a better center than anything LA has as a big man, but Gooden is vastly overrated and flat out disappears at times.

Odom is more talented than anyone on Cleveland not named LeBron James. They have at least a serviceable big man in Brown and Smush and Luke Walton play very consistent as role players, something I can't say for the Cavs.

I guess we'll just agree to disagree.

Jones and Marshall are shooters, they just don't hit their open shots this year like they did in previous years. Murray is about the only consistent perimeter player I've seen. Hughes is a question mark since he can't stay healthy. I'll give you Big Z is a better center than anything LA has as a big man, but Gooden is vastly overrated and flat out disappears at times.

Odom is more talented than anyone on Cleveland not named LeBron James. They have at least a serviceable big man in Brown and Smush and Luke Walton play very consistent as role players, something I can't say for the Cavs.

Marshall and Jones are better then anyone on the Lakers bench.

Murray is better then Smush Parker.

Gooden is an above average player, who pulls down rebounds and can give you points in the paint. Which is what the Lakers lack.

Odom is talented, but it took awhile for him and Kobe to mesh together. Now they finally mesh together they are dangerous.

I shall call it. Bulls will win the East.

You're cool by me, Porter, but you seriously need to put the crack pipe down. Miami and New Jersey are the only teams with a legitimate shot on knocking out the Pistons. The Bulls are still too young to make any serious noise in the playoffs, and they need a legit center to do it, besides.

Guest Smues

Bah. I like both the Spurs and Mavericks, but now I have to specifically root against Dallas in round 2 because Bill Plasche said the Spurs are done and the Mavericks go to the finals. Thanks a lot Bill.

Nice to see the league is still doing very well in terms of attendence...

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2415700

Updated: April 21, 2006, 1:41 PM ET

NBA sets attendance record for second straight yearAssociated Press

NEW YORK -- The NBA set an attendance record for the second straight year, announcing Thursday that it averaged 17,558 fans for its games this season.

With the league's arenas filled to 91.4 percent capacity, the league bettered last season's average of 17,314. Before that, the previous mark had been 17,252 in 1995-96.

Commissioner David Stern said in a phone interview that he wasn't surprised by the figures.

"Our teams are getting to be so intent on using the most impressive professional techniques for engaging their fans," he said, "for making the consumer experience so good, that we saw very early on that renewals were going well and that fans were responding in a positive way."

The league does not release individual team totals, but according to ESPN.com, Detroit led the way with an average of more than 22,000 for its games at the Palace of Auburn Hills. Chicago and Dallas also drew more than 20,000 per game, with Miami and Cleveland rounding out the top five.

The league's total attendance figure of 21,595,804 also was a record, surpassing the 21,296,497 of last season. A highlight was the performance of the New Orleans Hornets, who were barely outside the top 10 while playing in four different cities.

Not surprisingly, some of the worst figures came from the Northwest. Portland, which had the NBA's worst record, was last with just over 15,000 fans per game. Seattle was 23rd.

Both teams say they are losing money, and Trail Blazers owner Paul Allen has said he may sell the team. The SuperSonics could move out of Seattle when their lease expires in 2010 if they don't get a better arena deal.

"There's an ebb and flow of building issues in any sports league and we just happen to be in the ebb," Stern said. "Hopefully the flow will pick up, and these things really do have a way of either working themselves out one way or the other."

The NBA also announced that numbers were up in merchandising, sponsorships, visits to NBA.com and television viewership. Much of that business has been overseen by Adam Silver, who was appointed as the league's new deputy commissioner Wednesday.

"We have to be in front of our fans however they consume us and the methodology for consuming us is changing," Stern said.

My NBA Award winners:

MVP: Steve Nash

Coach of the Year: Avery Johnson

Sixth Man: Mike Miller

Defensive Player: Bruce Bowen

Most Improved: Boris Diaw

Rookie of the Year: Chris Paul

Executive of the Year: Elgin Baylor

Predictions for the first round:

Detroit over Milwaukee in 5

Wizards over Cavaliers in 6

Miami over Chicago in 7

Nets over Pacers in 7

San Antonio over Sacramento in 6

Mavericks over Grizzlies in 5

Phoenix over L.A. Lakers in 4

L.A. Clippers over Denver in 5

MVP: Vin Baker

Coach of the Year: Sam Mitchell

Sixth Man: Jerome James

Defensive Player: Steve Nash

Most Improved: Ha-Seung Jin

Rookie of the Year: Martynas Andreiuskevicius

Executive of the Year: Isiah Thomas

NBA Finals:

Bucks over Lakers in 4

Take it from someone who attended 30-35 Clippers games in person this season and watched another kajillion NBA games on TV -- not only are the officials worse than ever, they favor the stars like never before. You can't even look cross-eyed at LeBron, Kobe or Wade in the fourth quarter of a playoff game without the refs whistling you for a foul (terrible news for Kurt Thomas, by the way).

OK, I have to admit, this was pretty funny.

Pistons over Bucks 4-0

Wizards over Cavs 4-3

Heat over Bulls 4-1

Nets over Pacers 4-2

Spurs over Kings 4-2

Mavericks over Grizzlies 4-1

Suns over Lakers 4-1

Clippers over Nuggets 4-3