TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Dangerous A

TSM 2006 NBA Playoffs thread

Guest NYankees
When is MVP announced? How can you not give Steve Nash the MVP? The man is what makes it happen for the Suns.

I remember an NBA show where a guy was saying that Nash shouldn't be allowed the MVP b/c he's not in the same league as Jordan and the like. Yeah he's not but what's that got to do with anything!/

Nobody was in the same league as Jordan.

Guest Coffey

It depends on who you ask and what you're looking for. A lot of people think Jordan is the best player of all-time. Even more don't think he is. Especially in a league that's had people like Wilt, Kareem & Big O. Not to mention Bill Russell.

Guest Vitamin X
It depends on who you ask and what you're looking for. A lot of people think Jordan is the best player of all-time. Even more don't think he is. Especially in a league that's had people like Wilt, Kareem & Big O. Not to mention Bill Russell.

And Magic Johnson.

Tim Thomas has done everything he's going to do in the entire playoffs tonight if his history is any indication of how often he's "on".

Guest Vitamin X

Yeah, combining that with how "off" Kobe's been tonight, L.A. didn't have much of a chance tonight, although I'm looking forward to the rest of the series, they're doing almost everything they need to do right, especially on defense.

Luke Walton's BALLIN'.

I swear the color man is rooting for the Lakers.

Actually Hubie Brown always appears to be rooting for the underdog in any game he does

He says things like "there you go" "nice play" and stuff like that.

Guest Vitamin X

Dama, please don't turn this into "I hate the Lakers and everything L.A.-related!"-fest 2006.

I can say whatever I want about the winner and loser of the game. I want the Suns to win the series.

Did anyone catch Billy Crystal last night at the Clippers game going on about how he's been a clippers fan forever? yeah then why are you constantly seen in Lakers crowds?

I'm rooting for the lakers to lose now, not cause i hate them, but because I'm TERRIFIED of the thought of what the nba, stern, and the refs would do if kobe and shaq were in the two conference finals, and there was a real shot of a kobe/shaq finals. ;)

Guest Vitamin X
I can say whatever I want about the winner and loser of the game. I want the Suns to win the series.

Did anyone catch Billy Crystal last night at the Clippers game going on about how he's been a clippers fan forever? yeah then why are you constantly seen in Lakers crowds?

Actually I think they did a montage later where they showed Billy Crystal in the stands throughout the years' ala Jack Nick for the Lakers.

Billy Crystal is the original celebrity Clipper fan, so don't criticize the man

Pistons roll after giving up a 19 point lead and then getting it right back after some Bucks started talking shit when it was a 4 point game. To me, it seems that is a major knock on the bucks: They're a young, talented team with a lights-out shooter in Michael Redd, but they act like they have a title or two under their belts when in actuality they haven;t won a damned thing, much less a playoff series against the Pistons in at least the last three years.

I don't even want to hear about a "NBA wants a Kobe/Shaq Finals". I hate conspiracy theories. The Suns are going to take the Lakers out, and the Heat are going to struggle through the playoffs until the Pistons take them out in the Finals. Nuff Said.

Man, Ernie Johnson needs to get the fuck off TV and get whatever it is he has taken care of. He's starting to look like he's carrying a child in his neck or something. Seriously, even on the wide shots it's really noticeable.

Also, I love how so many people are saying that SA-Sac is over now because of this one lopsided win by the Spurs. I don't think the Kings are going to win the series, either, but have we already forgotten last year's finals, where IIRC the Spurs took two blowout victories into Detroit, only to ultimately narrowly escape with the championship? It could be argued that the Pistons could well be going for a three-peat right now had it not been for all the Larry Brown nonsense that was going on. I don't care what they were saying, that had to be somewhat of a distraction. I still think this will be a good series, it's not over by a long shot.

Guest Felonies!
I swear the color man is rooting for the Lakers.

Walton_Bill.jpg

Hey, dude, you're steppin' on MY turf!

Guest Felonies!

Okay, a commercial for an age 10+ game, with two squirrels talking in ebonics and saying "I'd hit that!"

What.

Man, Ernie Johnson needs to get the fuck off TV and get whatever it is he has taken care of. He's starting to look like he's carrying a child in his neck or something. Seriously, even on the wide shots it's really noticeable.

To paraphrase Ernie Johnson when he announced he had cancer

"If you don't like how I look, tough shit, I'm going to do my job"

I for one applaud his decision

Anyway back to basketball. Good win by Indiana, I was surprised how many people wrote them off before the series began. The Indiana team is made for playoff basketball

Great game between Memphis and Dallas at the moment

The Lakers can win the series, as that could be the worst that Kobe's played all year and they still hung around.

Dama, please don't turn this into "I hate the Lakers and everything L.A.-related!"-fest 2006.

I don't really care how EJ looks, I just hope for his sake that it's not too late to be treated by the time he's off for the summer.

And I would hope he really doesn't think that the people who want him off TV want him off for how he looks, because I doubt that's true in most cases.

the only time i notice the tumor is when they go close up on him. His voice sounds fine to me. I definatly want him to stay on TV, i usually hate it when someone fills in on Inside the NBA. someone did fill in once for Ernie, it was painful. I generally forget he has the thing until they do those close up status things.

the only time i notice the tumor is when they go close up on him. His voice sounds fine to me. I definatly want him to stay on TV, i usually hate it when someone fills in on Inside the NBA. someone did fill in once for Ernie, it was painful. I generally forget he has the thing until they do those close up status things.

Yeah, I want Ernie to do what is best, but that show falls apart without him. It'd just be Barkley giving Kenny Smith wedgies and comparing Sam Cassell pictures to pictures of Gollum... so then again, maybe not all that bad.

Trailing on the topic a little bit, I think Barkley's funny, but you notice how much of a joke Kenny Smith became after Barkley joined? When Smith first showed up, he was pumping out nicknames "Half-Man, Half-Amazing" for Carter, "The Matrix" for Shawn Marion, among others. Barkley showed up and everytime Kenny tried to introduce one, Barkley just made fun of him til he stopped. Now Kenny is like the little brother.