TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
King Cucaracha

PROMO: HOLT

**EARLIER TODAY**

**LIKE, A LOT EARLIER**

Landon Maddix and Megan Skye have arrived. For them, it's a familiar but long forgotten feeling, arriving to an arena side by side. Infact, it's been pretty close to a year since the duo were last associated with each other and a lot of water has passed under the bridge since then. Everything's rosy in the garden now though (running out of ye olde sayings here), which catches the eye of the not so esteemed journalist known as Benjamin Hardy, desperate for a scoop. It's been a while.

"Just stick with me, everything'll be fine." Landon assures Megan, despite looking around the empty surroundings nervously. "She'll have calmed down by now and realised what's going on. Must have just been the concussion clouding her judgement before. Once she sees me with that belt around my waist, you and her will be best friends, I'm sure of it..."

"Landon!" the intrepid Hardy chimes, catching Landon's attention. And by 'catching his attention', read 'causes him to jump out of his skin'. "Landon, Megan!"

"Jesus Ben, do we need all the drama? A simple wave or a muffled cough would have done."

"Yeah yeah, whatever. Landon, the SWF has been thrown up into a state of confusion in the past few days since Wes Davenport vacated the World Championship and left for pastures old...and you have been responsible for a lot of that confusion, after you and Megan re-united on Lockdown. Are we going to get an explanation from you tonight, or what?"

Turning to Megan, Landon smiles knowingly.

"Benny boy, the only thing we're here to do tonight is to collect what's mine. Contrary to what I said last week, I'd like to wish a man that I admire in Wes Davenport the best of luck in his no-doubt soon to be successful movie career. And I'd also like to thank him for wisely stepping aside without wasting his time and effort trying to fend me off. So often in wrestling, people engage in long, drawn out disputes over nothing simply because their egos are so gigantic. It's good to see men like myself and Wes exist, looking to buck this trend. So, as the OFFICIAL Number One Contender to the SWF World Heavyweight Championship, with no Champion to contend with, tonight I'm here to take my belt."

"Uhm...well, obviously, you haven't heard from Joseph Peters. Word is, he has plans for the belt."

"Oh, what's he gonna do, put in up in a tournament?" scoffs Landon.

"Well, no."

"Of course he's not. The number one contender faces the champion. So, once the champion is no more, the belt should automatically transfer to the number one contender. It's simple . Putting the belt on someone else would be the worst decision since they killed off Paul in 8 Simple Rules. I'm sure they had their reasons and it was brave TV development, but it's just not the same anymore."

"I'm...I'm sorry?"

"Don't worry, it helps him to talk about it." sighs Megan.

"Look, point is..."

Landon pauses.

"...uhm...what was the point again?"

"The World Title." groans Hardy, looking over his shoulder in the vain hope of an escape route.

"Oh, yeah, that. Now, I'm sure some of the boys in the back are going to feel a little 'precious' about little ol' me walking in and taking the World Title since I've been kinda, sorta avoiding the titles with the Toxxic thing the past few months, but at the risk of sounding egotistical...HELLO! Former World Heavyweight Champion here! Who else is qualified to have the belt? Who? I'm the only active wrestler on the roster to have held the World Heavyweight Title. The ONLY active wrestler. Not Zyon. Not Wildchild. Not Jay Hawke. Not Bruce Blank. Not Akira Kaiwhatsit. Not...uhm...Megan, what's one of the unimportant wrestlers names?"

"Stryke?"

"Yeah, he'll do. None of them have ever been the World Champion. Nobody on the active roster has won the Clusterfuck. Nobody on the active roster can take their meagre little achievements, place them side by side with mine and say 'I am better than Landon Maddix' without the alarms sounding and the lie detector pens going googo-gaaga on them. If certain 'never weres' have got a problem with that, they can take their little disputes up with me once the belt is around my waist and try to prove that their bitching, crying and moaning is actually warranted and that they could actually BE a World Champion, rather than some guy who jerks the curtains fighting robots and running around Malls looking for golden tickets. Until then, they can continue warming the crowd up on MY undercards. And remember, big girls don't cry. Bounce."

With a beckoning finger, Landon leads Megan off to the relief of Benjamin Hardy.

"I liked him better when he had crippling depression."

I like the promo, but who cares about the World Title match? There are other titles that are far above it.

I love it. Landon is so amazingly self-centred it's hilarious, to the point where I still can't understand how he was ever a face (although to be fair, i think I used that argument in character once or twice).

I love it. Landon is so amazingly self-centred it's hilarious, to the point where I still can't understand how he was ever a face (although to be fair, i think I used that argument in character once or twice).

Err...Exhibit A: One Rocky Maivia. :-)

Sign in to follow this