TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest NYankees

Comments that which don't warrant a thread

Guest Smues

I've watched half of the the Eragon Rifftrax and man is it awesome.

"I don't have the stone I sold it to a moisture farmer named Lars!"

"Ahh no. No. NOoooooooooooo the character we know virtually nothing about nooo (sobs)."

"We'll need to show the riverman Bagu's note."

Thomas Jane pulled out of "Punisher 2", apparently because the script was horrible and he refused to be part of something he felt was an insult to the character. While they took some liberties with the storyline in the first film, I felt like Jane had a brilliant performance. It's a shame they couldn't come up with a solid script for the sequel, which is now looking dead. Jane is a huge Frank Castle fan and wanted it to have a dark, grimy feel like the comics and instead the script comes off as the ultimate slap to the face of the character.

I am pissed off beyond belief. This was one of the few movies I was really looking forward to and excited about and it was just completely bobbled.

Now it'll be rushed out with a crap director, a crap script and a crappy guy playing Punisher JUST so LGF can keep the rights to The Punisher. Right, because a good script wouldn't have been able to accomplish the same damn thing.

Morons.

Guest Smues

Bruce Cambell singing Hungry Like the Wolf in an Old Spice ad is beyond wierd/awesome.

Bruno Mattei died. Horror fans have most likely seen one of his movies ("Hell of the Living Dead", "Rats: The Night of Terror", "The Other Hall") and while none of his movies were any good, they did have their so bad it's good merits. So RIP.

Remember back when it was announced that "From Beyond" was going to get a director's cut DVD release? Well, it's coming out in September, along with the slasher classic "The Burning", a new edition of "Return of the Living Dead", and "Scarecrows"

I really can't wait.

Just saw Hostel 2 floating around early on the internet..

...I dont see this one lasting in theaters for very long. It's that bad.

Yeah, isn't Shane like the hot prospect or something, even though he looks 10 years too old to be a hot prospect?

Yeah, he couldn't hit the ball to the opposite field was the problem. His other problem was the huge bald spot on top of his head whenever he took off his helmet. And the movie was really weird since the Triple A team apparently royally sucked and half of them you wondered how they got to AAA to begin with.

Still, actually a fun film. Not worth paying to see in the theater but it was a nice goofy little DVD release type film.

And Mean Girls makes me want to cry now. Knowing that sexy body is gone forever, replaced by a drug filled starved form that'll blow up to 200 plus pounds someday when the drugs mess with the thyroid.

Anchor Bay's released Box sets of Mario Bava and Alejandro Jodorowsky movies. I don't know which one to get first.

::unzips pants::

Looking forward to hearing Batman and Robin using ethnic slurs.

"Quick Robin, deploy the niggarang!" Oh man, I kill me. In seriousness, as I recall, weren't they anti-Japanese or something? Not really a surprise, 1943 and all, kind of like having an action hero in a 2003 movie call a terrorist "towelhead".

Yeah, the villain was a Japanese spy (Played by a white guy in makeup of course) who has some kind of ray that turns people into zombies or something like that. Haven't gotten a chance to watch it yet, but will do so tomorrow.

If people think Hollywood is racist now, at least they usually have actual Arabs play Arab terrorists instead of white guys in makeup like they used to do back in the day for almost every ethnicity.

Is anyone else watching the Rocky marathon on Spike? They're showing the first 5 movies consecutively. I love 'em all.

LIAR! No one likes Rocky 5... NO ONE!

I remember in a message board thread (not on this board I'm pretty sure), some poster was talking about how Rocky Balboa was garbage and Rocky 5 was the perfect way to wrap up the series.

I can understand the first part even though I enjoyed Rocky Balboa but the second was just batshit insane.

I decided to watch the Ghost Rider Extended Cut today with the hopes it would be like the Daredevil Director's Cut. The movie was pretty bad already, but this just expands on the crap. The extra footage were more scenes of the origin and some other stuff not needed. Nic Cage is terrible and should never be allowed near any film that was off of a book/comic book. Sad thing is, I watched Leaving Las Vegas last night, and that was one helluva performance by Cage.

Oh lord, Mariah Carey is in line to play the female lead in "Don't Mess with Zohan", the Sandler/Smigel/Apatow vehicle about a Jewish CIA agent coming to America to be a hair dresser

I picked up seaons 2 and 5 of the Twilight Zone today for 20 quid each. Superb watching.

All right, fess up:

Who is watching Bob Barker's last Price is Right either tomorrow morning or tomorrow night (CBS is airing it twice)?

From Variety.com:

Spielberg endorses Clinton

Filmmaker chooses Hillary over Obama

By TED JOHNSON

Director Steven Spielberg is endorsing Hillary Clinton's candidacy, lured back into her camp after some anticipation that he was poised to support her chief rival, Barack Obama.

The director released a statement making it clear that he had chosen Clinton for her experience and because she would be a "strong leader."

"I've taken the time to familiarize myself with the impressive field of Democratic candidates and am convinced that Hillary Clinton is the most qualified candidate to lead us from her first day in the White House," Spielberg said in a statement released by the campaign.

"Hillary is a strong leader and is respected the world over. As president, she will bring America back together, rebuild our prestige abroad and ensure our protection here at home."

Spielberg and his DreamWorks partners Jeffrey Katzenberg and David Geffen agreed to co-host a fund-raiser for Obama in February, which created quite a stir because the trio has long connections with the Clintons.

But there were some reports that Bill Clinton personally intervened and convinced Spielberg to hold off an endorsement of Obama and also raise money for Clinton. Spielberg's political consultant, Andy Spahn, says that those reports were "completely untrue."

"He was not endorsing at that time and said he wouldn't for a few months," Spahn said.

On May 30, the DreamWorks partner co-hosted an event for Clinton at the home of Peter Chernin that raised about $800,000.

The Spielberg endorsement is important because he can help lure additional donors, not to mention the cachet his name carries throughout the industry and nationwide. Spahn is one of the veteran fund-raising experts in the industry. (Spahn also reps Katzenberg, who continues to endorse Obama). There are no plans at present for Spielberg to cohost another Clinton event.

The Obama campaign has been anticipating the endorsement, citing Spielberg's long ties to the Clintons. Among other things. President Clinton asked him to produce a short film that ran on the turn of the century in 2000. Rumors that he had been prepared to back Clinton had been floating out there and was reported in Wilshire & Washington on June 2.

On Tuesday, at a Hancock Park fund-raiser featuring his wife Michelle, some of his Hollywood backers were talking about recent reports that Clinton has been experiencing a surge in Hollywood. And Michelle Obama was asked about her husband's No. 2 position in the polls. She noted that he husband actually has been pulling in more donors nationwide.

Obama's campaign has the endorsement of Oprah Winfrey, and she is expected to host an event for him.

Is anyone else watching the Rocky marathon on Spike? They're showing the first 5 movies consecutively. I love 'em all.

LIAR! No one likes Rocky 5... NO ONE!

*insert WP picture here

Speaking of unecassary remakes, there's supposed to be remakes of Friday the 13th, The Birds, and Suspiria. Michael Bay will be producing the Friday the 13th and Birds remakes.

All right, fess up:

Who is watching Bob Barker's last Price is Right either tomorrow morning or tomorrow night (CBS is airing it twice)?

Ooh it's on in seven minutes! I'll probably have it in the background when I'm doing my household chores.

All right, fess up:

Ooh it's on in seven minutes! I'll probably have it in the background when I'm doing my household chores.

yep I'm watching it to.

You know, the first 5 minutes of Passions is the funniest goddamned thing on television right now. Its like Troll 2 bad. the acting is horrible and some what the fuck moments are bound to happen. My favorite is the little girl who speaks through thought bubbles that pop up on the screen with a "pop" sound effect. She was recently kidnapped by witches. With the witch hats....and the witch pot...real witches.

And they are completely serious. Which makes it all the more hilarious. I just watch up until the lady sings "Passions for LIIIIIIIIIIFE" so I don't know what the fuck happens after that, but who cares...what happens before is hilarious.