TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest NYankees

Comments that which don't warrant a thread

Final specs for the DVD's of "From Beyond", "The Burning", and "Return of the Living Dead", which come out on September 11.

From Beyond Director's cut:

-Audio commentary by director Stuart Gordon, producer Brian Yuzna and stars Jeffrey Combs and Barbara Crampton

-The Director’s Perspective featurette

-The Editing Room “Lost and Found” featurette

-Interview with Composer Richard Band

-Photo Montage

-Storyboard-to-film comparisons

The Burning:

-Audio commentary by director Tony Maylam and genre journalist Alan Jones

-Blood ‘n’ Fire Memories featurette with Tom Savini

-Photo Gallery

-Theatrical Trailer

Return of the Living Dead:

-Audio commentary by director Dan O’Bannon and production designer William Stout

-Audio commentary by the cast, crew

-Zombie commentary (yes, you read that right. It comes with subtitles)

-RETURN OF THE LIVING DEAD: The Dead Have Risen featurette

-The Decade of Darkness featurette

-Designing the Dead featurette

-Trailers

For the one or two other people who still keep up, the latest Rangers series "Operation Overdrive" had a team up where they brought back Mystic Force Green, SPD Red (Sort of...Former Green), Dino Thunder Yellow (The series where Tommy came back full time), Mystic Force Blue and finally Mighty Morphin's 2nd Black: Adam! It was nice of them to recognize that the show is 15 years old, they even brought back Alpha...even if it was the lesser known version and had a shitty voice.

if I recall, the green one was the nerdy guy and the blue one was the one who's father was a red ranger and he was mad because he wasn't the red ranger...correct? So which guy was it? SPD is actually a pretty good edition of that show. Dino Thunder was also good.

EDIT: okay looked it up, green guy, Bridge, became the Red Ranger, blue guy, Sky is now SPD commander.

More Kevin Smith news, he's going to direct an episode of Heroes: Orgins:

From newsaskew.com:

Kevin promised a big scoop from the San Diego Comic-Con and now we have it! Kevin will be directing the first episode of the Heroes spinoff, titled Heroes: Origins. Each episode of the springtime companion of the runaway hit Heroes will be directed by a different director and focus on the origins of minor characters from the Heroes universe. Tenative plans have the episode airing in April. We’ll be sure to have more news as it comes in from San Diego…

And from viewaskew.com:

"Heroes: Origins" was also discussed. They talked about how each episode will cover a single character and it was revealed that Kevin Smith will be directing the first episode. This announcement shocked even the cast as Smith came out on stage. He joked that he wanted to direct an episode about the first 'gay heroes'. He joked about how the 'two Japanese dudes' were gay. "If you can do an autopsy on a cheerleader, you can show a couple of heroes making out." "I don't want to be the guy who ruined 'Heroes'" he said. "'Heroes: Origins' starts in April.

Though it han't aged too well, "Strange Days" is a good movie.

Someone asked me at work what movies I'd like to see made, even though I'd know they'd be shit and I'd ultimately regret them being made. I know strange question.

However my answers were

Ghostbusters III

Alien 5

Someone asked me at work what movies I'd like to see made, even though I'd know they'd be shit and I'd ultimately regret them being made. I know strange question.

However my answers were

Ghostbusters III

Alien 5

Ghostbusters 3 definately would be horrible. I'm still holding out hope for Punisher 2 with Thomas Jane and Constantine 2. Aliens 5 would have been great with Ridley Scott writing and James Cameron directing, but that was forever lost and destroyed by AvP being made pissing both guys off.

However my answers were

Ghostbusters III

Alien 5

Ghostbusters 3 definately would be horrible. I'm still holding out hope for Punisher 2 with Thomas Jane and Constantine 2. Aliens 5 would have been great with Ridley Scott writing and James Cameron directing, but that was forever lost and destroyed by AvP being made pissing both guys off.

They weren't the only ones, even though he's from the North-East so I shouldn't really hate him... I hate Anderson. His VideoGame Movies fucking suck, his MTV directing style sucks, ergh. I can't think of one film I've enjoyed that he's done.

As for Ghostbusters III, I think I could buy into it if they made it with the 'Owen and Clive Wilson and co' in mind.

Punisher 2 would be awesome, I didn't actually think the first one was that bad of a movie. I'll pass on Constantine 2 though, I found the first one really slow and boring.

Christ I would hate a Robocop remake, it would be fucking awful.

I read somewhere that they were making a Ghostbusters III but it was going to be all CG. I'll pass.

I just saw Platoon for the first time. I think it's right up there w/ Apocolypse Now for best Nam movie ever if pepole want to get into a best Nam Movie debate.

Also, everyone needs to go see Rescue Dawn now.

I watched one to many Shaw Brothers movie and now feel the need to have cymbals as my theme music or bust out in song for no reason and I see demons everywhere.

Boondocks Season 2 Promo

Looks great so far. I laughed hard throughout most of it. Also, "There's powerful Niggardry at work, here"

You know, Hot Rod was legitimately the funniest movie I've seen in years. Literally years, and I was in tears almost the whole time.

Response to it seems pretty polarized, though.

THANK YOU! I feel the same way. It was fucking hilarious. Best soundtrack ever. Angry punch-dancing in the forest.

And yeah, Chris Parnell's tattoo speech had me in tears. I can't wait to watch this over and over on DVD.

I thought it was alright, I definetly laughed more then I thought I would.

Andy Samberg was horrible, Hader was hilarious and Isla Fisher was hot but totally slumming it.

I felt almost all the best lines were in the trailer. The first scene would've been much funnier had it not been shown in every ad.

Will Arnett calling Sullivan a choad was hilarious. And Chris Parnell owned the movie.

I'd give it **ish I guess, it was just a warmup for Superbad

I'm surprised Ebert gave it ***. I got to say the crticial reaction for it has been way better than I thought it would be but that's not saying much since I thought it'd get a total drubbing. Most of the reviews I've read have been "Well it was alright but it would have been better with someone that wasn't Andy Samberg as the lead."

I think I'll definitely give a rental.

Ray Stevenson (Dagonet from King Arthur, Titus from Rome) is the new Punisher.

I think Predator 3 would be my choice of sequel that I want that would probably end up sucking. A remake of Robocop would be another.

Seeing as how bad Robocop got after the first movie (or second one depending on who you ask) with the awful 3rd one, the TV series and that awful miniseries I don't think a remake would be the worst thing in the world for Robocop. But, then again......

Made some great deals on TV on DVD today

Got "From the Earth to the Moon" at Best Buy price matched at 24.96- it's what they're selling it for at WalMart.

Then I find Seasons 1 & 2 of "Hill Street Blues" on sale at FYE for 14.99 each.

Along with the first 2 seasons of "Alias" I picked up last month at Best Buy on sale (19.99 each) I have a lot of TV to watch now.

I read somewhere that they were making a Ghostbusters III but it was going to be all CG. I'll pass.

You know, it wouldn't necessarily be too bad. The CG TMNT was pretty fucking tight, easily the best one since the original (plus it has the best fight scene in the entire series), so it could work so long as Aykroyd has Reitman and Ramis helping him with the script. Not sure if Bill Murray would be up for doing voice-over, though that would be a decent enough change from actually physically ACTING as Venkman to possibly convince him to do it. So long as the animations show that the original four are aging, maybe even introduce characters from the short-lived XGB 'toon, it could be at least watchable. The real questions of concern, at least for me, would be the soundtrack and the rating. The first two movies were hard PG's, and GB2 should've easily been PG-13, but would they completely toss all "adult" elements of the characters (the smoking by Venkman and Stantz, as well as Venkman's innuendo's and off-color jokes) in favor of an easy PG, or even a G? I think the rating, if too low, would alienate a lot of the fanbase. And if the soundtrack follows the pattern set by the first two - the first movie having a bunch of cheesy early/mid-80's pop by bands few even remember, the second comprised of primarily rap and R&B, which was really taking off in the mainstream at the time - then it'll likely be all emo and second-rate "club" rap.

They're releasing another RotLD DVD, gary? Or are they re-releasing it?

It's kind of a re-release, only with some extra features. I still wish that the uncut version of ROTLD III would get released on DVD.

It's kind of a re-release, only with some extra features. I still wish that the uncut version of ROTLD III would get released on DVD.

I have the uncut version of 3 on DVD, region free players ftw :D

I think Corey may have convinced me about GB3. But i'd prefer it to be live action, it would be funnier that way, just to see Akroyd and Ramis trying to run around seeing how fat they are.

As for the soundtrack, considering Run DMC did the theme to the second one, I could see another rap song to accompany this film. Either that or a dance remix of the Ray Parker orginal. To be honest, as long as they don't get Green Day or MCR to do a "punk cover" of the orginal (ala the Simpsons movie) I'd be happy.

I think Corey may have convinced me about GB3. But i'd prefer it to be live action, it would be funnier that way, just to see Akroyd and Ramis trying to run around seeing how fat they are.

As for the soundtrack, considering Run DMC did the theme to the second one, I could see another rap song to accompany this film. Either that or a dance remix of the Ray Parker orginal. To be honest, as long as they don't get Green Day or MCR to do a "punk cover" of the orginal (ala the Simpsons movie) I'd be happy.

I thought Bobby Brown did the theme to Ghostbusters 2. And the reason that Ghostbusters 3 will be CGI is because Bill Murray's taking a break from acting right now and only wants to do voice over work.

I thought Bobby Brown did the theme to Ghostbusters 2.

He did do a song for it, but the "ghostbsuters" song per say (as in using the sample) was done by Run DMC. And I like it.