TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest NYankees

Comments that which don't warrant a thread

watch out for Bob's bias toward Lohan!

I don't think I've had more fun watching a movie this year than I did watching I Know Who Killed Me. I still haven't figured out if the movie made any sense, it's just that amazing

It's one of the most hilarious films ever made. Between it and Wicker Man, Hollywood has been producing great unintentional comedy.

This may have been brought up before but I can't seem to understand clapping at a movie theatre. If this was a film festival, I'd understand but who the hell are these people clapping for?!

This may have been brought up before but I can't seem to understand clapping at a movie theatre. If this was a film festival, I'd understand but who the hell are these people clapping for?!

Agreed but fortunately I haven't seen it happen much. But oddly enough the last two times were Patch Adams and My Favorite Martian. The latter is somewhat excusable cause the audience was made up mostly of easily entertained annoying kids but Patch fucking Adams? I don't get why anybody would give that piece of shit an ovation.

Happens every time. Seriously. At the local independent theater, I get it... they're applauding the choice to show that particular movie. But even in mainstream theaters, it still happens.

I've only been to three movies where people have applauded before........thank god because I think its rather ridiculous.

1 - After they showed a trailer for League of Extraordinary Gentlemen before a midnight showing of the second Matrix film, some dope stands up and applauds. He also stands up and cheers when just Sean Connery's name alone shows up as one of the stars. Many of us laughed our asses off at this guy to say the least.

2 - During Shawn of the Dead, there was probably about 10 of us in the theatre, and some dude was clapping damn near during every joke. He then, after the film, stood up and cheered as well. Pretty odd. Good movie and all, but WTF. My girlfriend at the time wanted to go down and slap this guy for being so overtly boisterous. I think it ruined the movie for her a bit.

3 - Third time at least made a bit of sense and some people followed in it, during the first showing of Return of the King, after the credits rolled.

Agreed but fortunately I haven't seen it happen much. But oddly enough the last two times were Patch Adams and My Favorite Martian. The latter is somewhat excusable cause the audience was made up mostly of easily entertained annoying kids but Patch fucking Adams? I don't get why anybody would give that piece of shit an ovation.

Patch Adams was an excusable movie until they kill the girl he's trying to nail. I know it's based on real life and all but talk about something that KILLS the film. It goes from mildly enjoyable Robin Williams comedy to depressing horrible film about a loon.

I guess I can see your point about the first half though I don't agree but you're dead on about the last half of the movie. My god, the entire court room scene at the end (I can't even remember why the fuck they had a trial) was some of the most manupluitive shit I've ever seen on screen.

So I saw Transformers last night..finally and I really enjoyed it but this question crossed my mind.

So at what point was it a good idea to tell the Teenager holding the one thing that killer 2 story robots wanted that it's a good idea to leave the hilly deserted mountains and go into the big city full of innocent people and hide the thing that the 2 story killer robots wanted?

Its a Michael Bay Movie

If at least 50 buildings arent destroyed, then it wouldnt be a Michael Bay movie

I think the Wayans have their niche, but I agree; that isn't a good idea.

Speaking of the Munsters, though, those Addams Family movies were better than they had any right to be. Good casting, mostly. Always liked the Munsters better as a tv show, though.

Saw Christopher Guest tonight in Boston. He was getting an honorary doctorate from Berklee. And even though it was a concert I thought it would fit in a bit better in this board's CTDWAT than the music forum's. He played with Berklee students and faculty. Huge fucking band with a full horn and string section. Pretty epic.

Anyway here's what was played;

Anyway here's the setlist;

1. Tonight I'm Gonna Rock You Tonight

2. (Listen to the) Flower People

3. Old Joe's Place

4. Skeletons of Quinto (instrumental interlude)

Video of Steve Vai congratulating Christopher Guest and rocking out to the Steve Vaiesque "Theme for Purim" from For Your Consideration

5.Start Me Up (Rolling Stones cover done in the style of The Folksmen)

6. Blood On The Coal

7. A Mighty Wind

8. Lick My Love Pump/Cups and Cakes (2nd instrumental interlude)

9. Gimme Some Money

Video of Elvis Costello sending his congratulations and singing a part of "A Penny For Your Thoguht"

10. Stool Boom

11. A Penny For Your Thought

12. Nothing Ever Happens in Blaine

Video of Tom Hamilton of Aerosmith telling a story about how Aerosmith opened up for Spinal Tap in the early 70s and trashed Nigel Tufnel's room while he was out and Nigel ended up being arrested for it when he got back.

13. Stonehenge

14. Hell Hole

15. Big Bottom (With several dozen bass players surrounding the stage)

Great show but it was a tad short. Only 75 minutes or so and about 10 of those were taken up by the various videos. Would have liked to hear "Sex Farm" or "Christmas In Hell" but what can ya do?

"Gimme Some Money" was probably the highlight of the night. The girl who sang it was really hot and was a hell of a singer.

Jamie Lee Curtis was there

There's a documentary about Fred Phelps on Showtime on Tuesday.

Patch Adams was an excusable movie until they kill the girl he's trying to nail. I know it's based on real life and all but talk about something that KILLS the film. It goes from mildly enjoyable Robin Williams comedy to depressing horrible film about a loon.

Agreed 100%.

(Maureen McCormick: Marcia Brady. Eve Plumb: Jan Brady)

So I've been hearing for the past couple weeks that Maureen McCormick is putting out a book where she admits to a lesbian fling with Eve Plumb.

It's... not as exciting as I imagined. Marcia and Jan getting it on is something I fantasized about hundreds of times... but if it really happened... who gives a shit? Unless this book comes with a dvd, I honestly don't care. I'd read it anyway, cause I love that show, but it ain't a selling point.

Not that Marcia wasn't a stone cold fox, but I always thought that by the last season, Jan was way hotter. Look at her:

o_eve.jpg

Sure, she looks like one of the Manson girls, but still.

Always my favorite character, too. Jan was pretty awesome.

looks like a clip from "Executive Decision"

Now that was a GREAT Seagal picture.

Who exactly is Ray Stevenson? They should have hired Ray Stevens, least then I'd be excited to see it.

So I went and checked and answered my own question. Some dude from the show "Rome" with Julie Benz and the creepy guy from 300 playing Jigsaw.

That's all pretty cool on the Punisher movie. That chick directed Green Street Hooligans, which was awesome. I'd totally see it just based on that.

In other film news, I'm so totally going to see Golden Compass now that I heard it's actually an antichristian metaphor which culminates in the murder of God (the series, not this particular one). I probably would have seen it anyway, because I love the fantasy genre, but nah, I'm seeing it in theaters now. I'll wear my Venom "Welcome to Hell" shirt to it as well.