TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest NYankees

Comments that which don't warrant a thread

Fresh Prince has the Will and Carlton getting pulled over episode, with Carlton defending the cops.

Fucking awesome episode. So fuckin' funny...

"When you arrested these two, did you call their lawyer? No, because I'M their lawyer. Did you call their parents? No, because I'M their parents." And then a nice rant about how the cops in that area didn't do anything legally, and if they wanted to pursue charges then Phil would have their badges due to racism and all that. Good episode.

Also, I love the one where Will gets shot. Still fucking solid, especially when Will finds out Carlton is carrying a gun with him.

"No, you owe me your life, man, NOW GIVE ME THE GUN!"

Then Carlton leaves, Will empties the chambers into his lap and just slumps over, balling his eyes out.

I like all the Full House ones. I unironically love that show, partially because it's so dumb and safe and perfect. It's comforting in its way. The best is probably the one where Steph is tempted to start smoking. I just find it very quaint and cute.

It's funny, in that episode, Gia was the bad influence, and Steph was friends with Mickey, and after that Steph and Gia were best friends and you never saw Mickey again. I'd have liked to have someone ask what happened to Mickey later on: "Eh, she hit the bottle pretty hard and got kicked out of school."

I always wanted to know what happened to the Rippers after they kicked Jesse out. I don't think they ever actually said anything about that, or whether or not Gia's mom and Danny ever spoke again.

In that episode in Fresh Prince about the gun after Will got shot, I love the part when Will explained to Carlton how even if he were in front of him, the bullet still could've hit him from the waist up. Also when Carlton got pissed at the end and knocked down his food tray and Will was like "I was going to eat that."

I always wanted to know what happened to the Rippers after they kicked Jesse out. I don't think they ever actually said anything about that, or whether or not Gia's mom and Danny ever spoke again.

They mentioned the Rippers again. The Rippers ended up replacing Jesse with Barry Williams and had a hit song called April Girls. This made Jesse very insecure, and it made him push harder to make Hot Daddy and the Monkey Puppets a success.

I think Gia was written out when she got hurt in the car accident when she went joy riding with those two guys

I absolutely hate that Cisco commercial with the relief worker talking to his family/girlfriend through the Cisco networking screen.

You know the one. "That's a very mom thing to say."

Is it possible for that guy to look like anymore of a d-bag who isn't even remotely interested in talking to his family? I want to slam him through a wall and I highly doubt that was the intended effect of the commercial.

Am I a dumbass for just realing Full House and Family Matters theme songs were sung by the same guy. Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if that guy also sang the Step By Step theme song too. He had a monopoly on theme songs for cheesy early 90s ABC sitcoms.

You might also be interested to know then, that in the original opening of Family Matters, the Winslows bike across the Irv Kupcinet bridge, which Larry and Balki are boating under in the Perfect Strangers opening.

I didn't watch too much Family Matters after the first season or so. Anyone remember any Perfect Strangers references being made on it besides that? Dare I say, an appearance?

Urkel on Full House was the most surreal shit ever.

I remember when Salem the cat made appearances in all the TGIF shows, but I don't know if that was canon to Boy Meets World or not. Speaking of BMW, the episode where Minkus shows up and tells Corey and Shawn he was hanging out "over there" (off camera) the past few years was great, especially when he says "wait up Mr. Turner". Good ol meta humour.

I remember that. It was during the short-lived TGIF lineup right after Family Matters and Step By Step left for CBS. I think I'm the only one who really liked that line up (Sabrina The Teenage Witch at 8, Boy Meets World at 8:30, You Wish at 9, and Teen Angel at 9:30. Yes I looked the order up on wikipedia, I'm not that big of a dork). I was indifferent to You Wish but I loved Teen Angel. Besides The Critic, I don't think I was ever more upset at a show's cancellation than when Teen Angel got cancelled. If I watched an episode now, I'd probably think it was terrible but for the season it was on, it was my 2nd favorite show behind The Simpsons.

I was also vehemently opposed to CBS' short lived TGIF competitor, CBS Block Party at the time. Those bastards stole Family Matters and Step By Step and Balkie!

I watched Teen Angel a few years ago and it actually seemed to get better with age. I think it was a concept not fit for TGIF (and I can't imagine how someone thought "Dead best friend? Hilarious!") but it was created by Al Jean and Mike Reiss of Golden Era Simpsons fame. The episode I saw involved some sort of time travel that resulted in every cast member on the show eating the death burger, it was amusing.

Don't get me wrong, it's not some before it's time masterpiece gem, but it's not terrible. You Wish was pretty bad though. Meego too (on CBS).

I remember my dad used to tell me how gay Perfect Strangers was, and I always denied it, until I saw the first Christmas episode.

No shit. I just watched that episode on dvd.

I remember hearing rumor that it was a sitcom about a gay couple, retooled because America wasn't ready. You can almost believe it.

On a related note, Jennifer was really too good for Larry. I mean, he's an average looking guy, but he's also a neurotic nerd, and it's not like he had a lot of money. Mary Anne was a ditz, so that's more understandable.

Another thing I noticed from watching these dvds. Larry has his 24th birthday. Larry Appleton, younger than me... that's fucked up, man. Mark Linn-Baker was older than that, though.

When I saw the frozen "BAD" on that embedded youtube video, I was hoping it was "Drugs Drugs Drugs! Which are good? Which are bad! Ask your mom or ask your dad!". Awesome that it is.

I sang that song in grade 7 in a "VIP" program (Values, Influences, and Peers) with two other people. I was playing a character named "Screech" in said presentation.

I think I saw a commercial for a MMA themed movie. Don't even remember the title but boy did it look like shit.

Never Back Down I think it's called. Yeah it looks like crap. Who would have thought that the first real MMA movie would be about meathead teenagers.

spman was telling me his theatre has to remove a trailer for a Judd Aptow film because management deemed it "inappropriate" due to a visible penis if it's not framed right. That crazy Judd.

Oh, that's not an MMA movie. That's about underground street fighting. And it looks a worse than crap. It looks so bad I'm going opening day.

:headbang: :headbang: me too. I'll be saddened when I have to realize Djimon Honsou actually plays in it though

The funniest thing in the commercial is him saying stuff like "If you fight outside of the gym, you are OUT!" ANd "The guys that get in this for the wrong reasons never last!"

Um...what exactly are the right reasons to be in illegal underground fight leagues? Please tell me guy that refs the illegal fights?

They should do a movie about dog fighting with the same kind of lines. "The guys that get into dog fighting for the wrong reasons never last."

The right reason to get into illegal underground fighting is to win over the hot girlfriend of the local rich douchebag by beating the everloving snot out of the local rich douchebag. Clearly.

The right reason to get into illegal underground fighting is to win over the hot girlfriend of the local rich douchebag by beating the everloving snot out of the local rich douchebag. Clearly.

It's like Karate Kid in a way. Only without Pat, a really cool villain, bitching catchphrases and any desire to care about anyone involved.

And they already DID a movie about illegal underground fighting. It was called BLOODSPORT. Stop making Jean Claude think we want him to come back dammit. We JUST did finally get rid of him!

Bloodsport was good, man. Well, except for the part where he does the splits in Daisy Dukes.

Bloodsport was all kinds of awesome. I was always confused why in every movie he had to do a split in tight revealing clothing. Did he really think people wanted to see the little Jean Claude every time they went to the movies?

It's hard to believe Forrest Whitaker was in Bloodsport.

I forgot how good a cast Bourne Identity had until I re-watched it today. Chris Cooper, Brian Cox, Julia Styles (yes, I include her in the "good cast" list, fuck you if you don't like it), Clive Owen, Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje, and the chick from Run Lola Run, that's some good actors.