TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest NYankees

Comments that which don't warrant a thread

I absolutely loved King of Kong. I felt for Wiebe, Billy Mitchell was a cunt, and the rest of the gamers were freakish. I think it was Richard Roeper who called it a real-life Christopher Guest movie, which I think is spot-on.

I meant that it physically looked like an Uwe Boll movie (somewhat low budget, mediocre effects, etc.), not an Uwe Boll-quality film. Sorry I was unclear. Shoot, if they made a Zelda movie (esp. one like this based on Ocarina of Time, my favorite in the series) I'd probably be right there in line waiting to get tickets.

Movies I have watched in the last few days:

Reservation Road - This was...well...a movie. It had INCREDIBLE acting from Joaquin Phoenix, Jennifer Connelly(one incredible, Oscar caliber scene in particular with her), Mark Ruffalo and Elle Fanning. All gave incredible performances....yet this movie still managed to kinda suck. It had horrible pacing, was pretty boring actually and the ending was pretty predictable...this is probably the best acting in a bad movie you will ever see.

The movie is about Phoenix's kid getting killed by Ruffalo's character in the a hit and run, and its pretty much a character piece after that. Its shot well, its acted superbly....just a boring movie.

88 Minutes - This is a movie that A: would be straight to DVD if not for Al Pachino B: Is awesome if you don't think at all whatsoever.

There are about 88 plot holes in the movie too, the killer and motives are kinda dumb, but Pachino carries it, its a fun little ride. I would recommend it.

The Marine - HA...HAHAHAHHHAHAAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA. this shit right here was pretty horrible. I blame the black guy. He was the worst character/actor I have seen in anything in a long time...and he reminded me of Coach. I recognized his horribleness in the original Matrix, but GEEZ.

I know some said it was a fun little throwback to the commando style movies, but I disagree. It was pretty goddamn bad. Commando was so bad it was fun. This was just bad. And Cena looks really wierd around regular people. I don't think he is meant for the acting gigs.

Mulberry Street - Watched it on suggestion from here, and I gotta say, I really liked it. Had a 28 Days Later Vibe to it. A few things I didn't like and I will just throw the spoiler tags on now:

The people that were infected...I would have been fine if they just started to act like crazy rat people...did they really have to get long teeth(how is that even possible) and rat like features? There was a grittty realness about this movie from the way it was shot to the characters. You could really feel alot of it could happen until people started getting rat noses and big teeth.

Also, the ending was pointlessly sad. There was no reason to kill his daughter too. That was just kiinda overkill. I had no problem with Clutch dying as I figured it would happen. Also I was suprised by the blonde dying when she did, but not her dying in general. But his daughter? that was just kinda fucked up for some reason and seemed like a tad too much.

Overall though, it was a damn good movie and a great movie when you consider the budget. That was some great directing, and character development in a short time.

So seeing this DEA show start up right now, got me thinking about a show that used to be on USA (I think) maybe a decade or so ago.

The premise was to take the top law officers, Army, Marines and the like then put them onto four teams. Team competitions would ensue, losing team would vote someone off. Later, they'd get to look over a few dossiers to replace their lost comrade but after awhile.. the teams would just play a man down until there was only two left.

Anyone remember the title?

I just heard they're remaking "Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure" for "a new generation". What the fuck? Wasn't it good enough the first time?

Good Christ...

I just heard they're remaking "Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure" for "a new generation". What the fuck? Wasn't it good enough the first time?

What the fuck indeed. I wonder if they'll change Bill and Ted into aspiring rappers or maybe turn them emo as that's what kids are into these days.

Glad you liked "Mulberry Street" Ripper. I actually bought it last Wednesday.

I saw "The Ruins" last night. It was...ok-ish. Nothing horrible, but nothing great either. Just rent it when it hits DVD.

What the fuck indeed. I wonder if they'll change Bill and Ted into aspiring rappers or maybe turn them emo as that's what kids are into these days.

But then they'd have to change it to "Bill & Ted's Dope Adventure" or "xBill & Ted's Adventure that Nobody Understandsx"

didn't Ashton Kutcher and Stifler do a Bill and Ted sequel awhile back?

Are you refering to the cinema classic "Dude, Where's My Car?"

Why would you call him Stifler? He has a name.

well EXCUSE ME! Didn't mean to ruffle your feathers there, sir. I called him Stifler because that's the character he portrays in every movie he's in. Besides, I couldn't think of his name for some reason at the time of the post and I was too lazy to look it up.

"Bill and Ted's Cutting Adventure"?

From what I remember hearing on AOTS, its going to have a bit more of an "urban" feel to it. Still kids in high school in danger of flunking out and going back in time to meet who they have to report on.

Sadly, no phonebooth.

Then don't fucking do it. I can see re-doing horror and sci-fi films, because those CAN be re-done and re-visioned, but not a classic comedy. What the FUCK. At least change the name of it. Though I suppose they'd have to, because I've never heard of any "urban" youth with English names like Bill S. Prestion Esq. and Ted "Theodore" Logan. It'll be changed to Cici n' Anferney B Rydin' Drrty Thru Tyme, Y'all.

EDIT: Also...

Over the last 3 weeks, I've seen 3 movies that have changed my life. Murder Party taught me that horror and dark comedy mend together perfectly so long as a chick is dressed like some weird Ziggy Stardust-meets-one of the Blade Runner chicks and a guy is dressed as a member of the Baseball Furies from The Warriors. Bee Movie taught me that Dreamworks owns Pixar in the actual script department, as Seinfeld made me laugh for the first time in YEARS. And Hot Rod taught me that Andy Samberg (Sanberg?) deserves to die a horrible, excruciatinly painful death for unleashing that pile of steaming shit onto the world.

Hot Rod was funnier than any other movie you've ever seen.

Whatever you say, AIDS monkey. I lasted through the first 15-20 minutes or so, and barely cracked a smile once. Is there better gags later than that, because the only part I found even remotely funny was when Samberg ran into the woods to dance to lame 80's inspirational rock. THAT was funny. Samberg wanting to fight his step-father and putting on a fake mustache to do so? Not funny. If the movie were carried by Bill Hader it might have had a chance, or any number of the Apatow crew, but Samberg? The dude is just not entertaining.

I sure hope Bob doesn't shower the recent Christopher Walken SNL with tons of praise because it was garbage.

I have to rewatch it, since I wasn't really paying attention because nothing else mattered that night because of Memphis.

I liked it though. One thing about the Walken shows is that even if some of the skits don't work, I love that everything is different and bizarre. They didn't do one recurring character outside the cold.

Chris Parnell and Will Arnett owned Hot Rod. Everyone else....not so much