TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest NYankees

Comments that which don't warrant a thread

The whole scene with him and his dad was hilarious- it was so pathetically manipulative. That's my issue with Click- the comedy wasn't funny, and the drama was just bad.

I like when Christopher Walken randomly became The Angel of Death.

I thought Semi-Pro was really funny, but it suffered when it tried to be an actual movie. I didn't care about Woody Harrellson or Andre 3000's dream of being in the NBA, I just wanted random gags.

Woody fucking Maura Tierney was awesome though.

"From Dusk 'Till Dawn 2: Texas Blood Money" is a good example of how not to do a sequal. Horrible movie. Not even the Bruce Campbell cameo can save it.

I just got around to seeing Ironman, and I see no reason to bump that thread.

It was really good as expected, but did anyone else think the plot moved along way too slow? Their was way too much time being spent on Stark designing the suit. That's my only real complaint, have to rank it as one of the best superhero movies ever.

On the subject of Sandler films, I Know Pronounce You Chuck and Larry (I almost accidentally wrote "Chuck & Billy" - damn wrestling!) was on TV last night and I forgot that it features a very brief scene with the book "The Puppy Who Lost Its Way". Big bonus points for that.

I don't care what anyone says: "Hell of the Living Dead" is awesome. Sure, it's really bad (random stock footage, plot holes, bad dubbing, plagerized soundtrack) but it's like one of the best unintentional comedies ever made in that respect. It really is so bad it's good.

What's wrong with The Beyond?

...well, no, that wasn't a serious question. It's not exactly a precisely crafted work of cinematic art. But isn't the whole point of a horror movie to provoke the audience with feelings of shock and awe? And you'd have to be one jaded motherfucker to remain unmoved by a couple of those scenes.

Then call me David Caruso because I thought it was a shitty movie and was unmoved throughout.

Scratch that. The film moves me to anger with its awfulness.

I'm not claiming that The Beyond is a great film, by any measure. (Unlike some fans claim about Dario Argento; see the MTV movie awards thread below for a related argument.) But it's got a couple of moments which got even me to say "damn, that's harsh" and it's not even close to being the harshet or worst movie directed by that guy. If The Beyond angered you, I'd hate to see your reaction to New York Ripper or Zombi 3.

I probably won't be watching either movie. And I won't even bash Fulci. I think Zombi 2 was a good movie. The Beyond is a muddled heap of idiot characters, awful dialogue, incomprehensible plot developments and bad special effects shown in close-up that go on forever. There's no ground rules for the omnipotent evil's power which just lets the writers do whatever they feel like. It would allow for neat self-contained moments of horror if any of them were executed well at all, but they all suck.

I guess I can accept that. The parts I was thinking of might not affect someone else so strongly. For various reasons, I found the killer spiders and the bit with the acid to be rather disturbing, but if you didn't, okay.

I've tried about 3 times to get through Gates of Hell/City of the Living Dead, and I fucking can't. It's just...bland. The first 20 minutes is good, but once the violence actually starts happening I just can't get into it.

I guess I can accept that. The parts I was thinking of might not affect someone else so strongly. For various reasons, I found the killer spiders and the bit with the acid to be rather disturbing, but if you didn't, okay.

In theory those two scenes could have been disturbing, but the acid scene was ruined by the acid apparently falling by its self in what is either another "the evil apparently controls everything except what moves the plot along" issue or just a hilariously contrived gore set piece, and the spider scene- what I thought was the worst offender of bad death scenes in the movie- was just completely out of nowhere and went on way too long. If the omnipotent evil can make animals (made out of pipe cleaners) appear out of nowhere, then why can't it just take over the world like that? It could've just sent an army of fuzzy wire-skeleton spiders to eat melty latex off everybody's faces and then it would've won within the first half hour. That scene DID remind me of a scene in Spider Baby, though, and any giallo that can somehow remind me of Spider Baby can't be ALL bad.

I agree that the complete lack of rules made no sense. That's actually a fairly common theme in J-horror flicks which sometimes bugs me, how the homicidal ghosts of drowned little girls seem to randomly do whatever the screenwriter feels like in terms of their abilities and limitations. (And, seriously, how many fuckin' J-horror movies have used homicidal ghosts of drowned little girls as their focal points? I can think of at least three major ones, not counting their sequels and remakes.)

In theory those two scenes could have been disturbing, but the acid scene was ruined by the acid apparently falling by its self in what is either another "the evil apparently controls everything except what moves the plot along" issue or just a hilariously contrived gore set piece,

I know, but still, the emotional idea of the girl seeing her mother's body mutilated like that did get to me. You know what I actually felt was really contrived about that scene? Not that Death from Final Destination used its psychokinetic powers to make the glass fall. No, I was confused by the idea that the hospital staff would supposedly leave a jar of insanely powerful acid just sitting on a table, right next to the edge, wide open without even a top on it.

I gave up on that hospital staff when they hooked up a fifty year old corpse to a heart monitor.

And yeah, the little girl ghosts in J-horror bug me, too. I think it was only done well in Dark Water and Ringu. But no J-horror can touch Kaïro anyways, so w/e.

For those with a Frys by them......5-disc edition of Blade Runner on BLU-RAY for $19.99....I think the sale is good for another week.

This is a hell of a deal if you are a Blade Runner fan and/or a collector in general.

I still don't see the allure of dressing up as if you were a character from whatever movie you're going to see.

...that is, unless Ghostbusters 3 somehow DOES get made...then you best believe the homemade proton pack I did for Halloween (that I still have saved at my folks' house) is coming out with me. My girlfriend and/or friends will never look at me the same way again. Kinda like when I painted a bad skull onto my face to see the Misfits one time...

I dressed up like Michael Myers when Rob Zombie's HALLOWEEN came out, some kid saw me and started to cry. It was actually pretty funny.

Aren't you pretty fat, though? Or am I confusing you with somebody else's picture? I mean, nothing against fat people, but since Michael Myers isn't, y'know, it wouldn't be that convincing. I have to drop some weight myself to portray the Joker.

No, I am heavy (I've dropped 44 pounds since January though to get down to 250). At the time I was able to get away with dressing like MM though.

Trailer for new Spiderman movie:

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=UhHhXukovMU

That movie looks like all kinds of awesomeness. Gotta love that their bad guys wore wrestling masks. I love the look on the guys face when he opens the bathroom door. That dance at the end blows away anything that Toby McGuire did in the third movie!

Just what we need, another pointless action film with big expolosions, lots of guns, fast cars and Jason Statham.

We do need that... except maybe not the Jason Statham part.

Speaking of which... Wanted. That's one of the dumbest trailers I've seen in a while. I don't think it will be good bad like my favorite stupid action movies (Commando, Con Air, Shoot Em Up, etc), but it should be funny bad, like... Transporter.

Wanted looks pretty goddamn awful. On every aspect.

But you can't say a bad word about Con Air :P