TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest NYankees

Comments that which don't warrant a thread

I wouldn't call FF:tSW Worst Ever, like talking Manos or Ed Wood bad. But in terms of big budget modern-day "blockbusters", it was pretty fucking worthless. Even more so to actual fans of the Final Fantasy games, who will just be sitting around wondering why we're in futuristic New York City and when the hell are the damn chocobos gonna show up.

I liken FF: TSW to Titan A.E. A movie with superb animation, but a shitty story.

I picked up the original Prom Night last night for $5.99 at Best Buy. For as much as this film is praised, I was severely disappinted in it.

Tiny penis man

Oh man... my dick isn't much bigger than that when flaccid. I know it's small, but I wouldn't say tiny. GG Allin's was tiny (another reason he's my idol).

Anyway, I realized today that I have been, for years, confusing Meatballs:

meatballs.jpg

With Screwballs:

screwballs.jpg

I'm glad I cleared that up, because I will now be purchasing Screwballs ASAP. I love 80s teen sex comedy, the more exploitative the better. Bonus: see those blue Chucks in the poster? I have a pair just like that.

So VH1 is doing I Love the New Millinium. I knew they'd rush this ASAP, but I figured they'd at least wait until New Years Eve 2009. And it's pretty sad where 8 years into this decade and we havn't named it yet.

I know we've talked about this before, but comedies these days are tooooo fucking long. I thought 40 YOV was never going to end!

A lot of movies are too long these days and it's just not comedies. National Treasure: Book of Secrets is two hours long; granted it's a pretty fast-moving two hours but it's still too long.

So I watched Thank You For Smoking the other day. I was very impressed with Eckhart's performance in the movie. I also was surprised with how many of the actors I recognized. Overall it was a decent 90 minute film.

Thank You For Smoking is ten types of awesome.

I know we've talked about this before, but comedies these days are tooooo fucking long. I thought 40 YOV was never going to end!

A lot of movies are too long these days and it's just not comedies. National Treasure: Book of Secrets is two hours long; granted it's a pretty fast-moving two hours but it's still too long.

Yeah, it's especially weird with comedies though... since the standard rule for comedy screenplays is no more than 90 pages.

Also... Dr. Zhivago is HORRIBLE.

So I watched Thank You For Smoking the other day. I was very impressed with Eckhart's performance in the movie. I also was surprised with how many of the actors I recognized. Overall it was a decent 90 minute film.

Thank You For Smoking is ten types of awesome.

i'd say more like "ten types of pretty good."

Well, I've decided to try to get into Star Trek. I enjoy the geek experience, what with the whole established universe to get into... I'm into a few of those, and I think I'm due for another one. I've tried several times to get into anime and I just can't do it. But I still want a new geek fandom, so I'm trying Trek, beginning with TNG.

I've sporadically watched episodes and enjoyed them, so it'll probably work if I start watching them all.

I watched This is England this evening.

This is Bollocks would have been a better title.

Well, I've decided to try to get into Star Trek. I enjoy the geek experience, what with the whole established universe to get into... I'm into a few of those, and I think I'm due for another one. I've tried several times to get into anime and I just can't do it. But I still want a new geek fandom, so I'm trying Trek, beginning with TNG.

I've sporadically watched episodes and enjoyed them, so it'll probably work if I start watching them all.

Following TNG is a good thing....having knowledge of the original series is also good...but don't bother with Deep Space Nine and Voyager.

Following TNG is a good thing....having knowledge of the original series is also good...but don't bother with Deep Space Nine and Voyager.

Watch Deep Space Nine. In order it is without question the best of the treks, great writing, great acting, and I I tend to prefer shows with overreaching arcs.

For no reason in particular I'm watching "License to Wed" on TV. If for some reason during this actor's childhood a live action Eric Cartman needs to be cast, the kid that plays the youngster in the Future Minister program would be perfect.

Yeah, I like that movie for it's camp value, and I watched it as a kid. I've got the original VHS (which doesn't play very well anymore) and a bootleg dvd I got at a convention. It's pretty awful.

Yeah, I like that movie for it's camp value, and I watched it as a kid. I've got the original VHS (which doesn't play very well anymore) and a bootleg dvd I got at a convention. It's pretty awful.

Hah, I had that movie too. Don't remember how we got it, but it was one of the first video tapes we owned after we got a VCR. Even as a little kid it seemed kinda cheesy, so I can only imagine how awful it would be today.

TNG is really, really, good; but it is somewhat inconsistent. I tried for a while to get into it but I kept watching the shit episodes. I found the episodes that dealt with mysteries were the ones that hooked me. The episode where they are in a feedback loop/deja vu, the one where Worf keeps switching realities - those were the ones that got me watching. TNG had probably the most fun with its characters, so if you get attached to them, it can be very entertaining.

DS9 is also choice. Like with all treks (well, all modern ones), it takes awhile to get on track (*shudders at Seasons 1 of TNG and Voyager), but basically once Sisko grows facial hair it gets really good, and moreso when they start to serialize it (I got into DS9 late, around the time they were deep into the Dominion war storyline). The best trek episode is from DS9 IMO (the one with Tony Todd as old Jake).

I snagged the complete series of DS9 a few years back for around $150 and haven't regretted it. Especially considering just how expensive some of the complete sets of any Star Trek series end up going for. It really does seem to pick up and improve the further they push the story. With the exception of a few Quark/Nog heavy episodes, I was able to push through all 7 seasons over a few weeks.

They used him a lot better as time went on; he was one of the best, more fleshed out, characters, imo. DS9 probably had the best "characters" in terms of being rounded-out and three dimensional. The episode with he and Sisko bringing the Romulans into the war is a personal favourite.

Leech Al Jolson on tonight's "Metalocalypse" had me in stitches.

"He was the first great black entertainer!"

I'm skipping all the new ones (and Venture Bros.) until I can watch them all in a marathon (this has become my new habit for tv), but good to hear it's still doing well.

Ok, quick poll! Which movie would you rather see Hulk, Get Smart, or Love Guru?