TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest NYankees

Comments that which don't warrant a thread

Yeah but i'm not a big Hulk fan....I wasn't a big Iron man fan either but that impressed me....hmmm...maybe Hulk or Get Smart then.

Ed Norton, Liv Tyler, Tim Roth, William Hurt > Steve Carrell, Anne Hathaway, Dwayne Johnson, Alan Arkin...

But they're both fine, I'm sure.

"Let's Scare Jessica to Death" is one of the best horror movies from the 70's nobody talks about. Criminally underrated movie.

Ed Norton, Liv Tyler, Tim Roth, William Hurt > Steve Carrell, Anne Hathaway, Dwayne Johnson, Alan Arkin...

I dunno about that. Hathaway is crazy cute, and I have a hard time with the concept of Hurt > anyone (never been a fan of his). It would probably be a coin flip between the two. Though admittedly if I was forced to choose one, Hulk would probably win.

Okay first...How can you NOT like William fucking Hurt? jesus dude.

But the reason i would go to the Hulk second is because the first Hulk was a great psychological focus on Bruce Banner which was awesome....then they threw in mutant dogs and Nick Nolte and mucked it up.

I was too afraid that they would go as far from the original as possible and turn it into a "HULK SMASH" summer blockbuster, blow-some-more-shit-upathon. Even with Norton involved. And then there were reports that he was pissed about the final edit, which didn't make me want to see it more.

So I would have seen get smart first if I REALLY wanted to see either of them. I like the cast and its just a comedy...not much it could do to muck that up.

"Let's Scare Jessica to Death" is one of the best horror movies from the 70's nobody talks about. Criminally underrated movie.

You are very correct with that assessment.

Casting directors must be the laziest fucks in the world:

Christian Bale - John Conner New Terminator Film ->

New Terminator film - Kyle Reese - Anton Yelchin ->

Anton Yelchin - Chekov New Star Trek Movie ->

New Star Trek Movie - Kirk - Chris Pine -.

Chris Pine Killing Pablo -> CHRISTIAN BALE!

Winona Ryder is still hot.

I dunno about that. Hathaway is crazy cute, and I have a hard time with the concept of Hurt > anyone (never been a fan of his). It would probably be a coin flip between the two. Though admittedly if I was forced to choose one, Hulk would probably win.

I can probably arrange something like that.

My friend is trying to figure out a movie:

All he remembers is that a young couple is at a drive-in, and they can't hear anything so they make up their own funny dialogue.

I really enjoyed Get Smart (sorry if I'm missing a thread about it). It seemed to start off a bit light on comedy, or at the very least people weren't laughing at comedic lines (but I found to be funny in a dry way), but by the end it was really going and everyone enjoyed it.

However,

for whatever reason I got myself hyped for a movie fight between Dwayne and Khali that doesn't happen

. That said, they're both really enjoyable in the movie. Good cameo appearances throughout as well (I liked the agent in the tree for obvious reasons).

My friend is trying to figure out a movie:

All he remembers is that a young couple is at a drive-in, and they can't hear anything so they make up their own funny dialogue.

MST3K?

I really enjoyed Get Smart (sorry if I'm missing a thread about it). It seemed to start off a bit light on comedy, or at the very least people weren't laughing at comedic lines (but I found to be funny in a dry way), but by the end it was really going and everyone enjoyed it.

However,

for whatever reason I got myself hyped for a movie fight between Dwayne and Khali that doesn't happen

. That said, they're both really enjoyable in the movie. Good cameo appearances throughout as well (I liked the agent in the tree for obvious reasons).

I saw Get Smart tonight and I really liked it. I found it to be very funny and didn't seem to get boring at all. I recommand it.

I also saw a trailer for another "Lets parody a 1,000 movies and turn it into a horrible comedy", do we really need another one so fucking soon? It also looks it's paroding Hulk and Iron Man and other super hero movies. Seriously, what the fuck?

I also saw a trailer for another "Lets parody a 1,000 movies and turn it into a horrible comedy", do we really need another one so fucking soon ever for the rest of eternity?

No. No we do not. If I had the chance to kick anyone in the movie business right in the nuts, anyone at all, I'd merrilly skip past Uwe Boll and Michael Bay in order to punt a fieldgoal with the testicles of the guys who made Epic Movie.

That would be Disaster Movie...it seems like the hip trend with those people is to be the Weird Al Yankovics of the movie world I.E. parody whatever is current.

Do yourself a favor and check out The Wire....it's dialogue heavy, not sure if you like that sort of thing, but it has some of the best storylines and characters I have ever seen in my 30+ years of watching television.

It's definitely something I'm interested in due to the Lost thread and your posts. Dialogue doesn't bother me one bit. In fact, I prefer exposition as long as it doesn't drag.

That would be Disaster Movie...it seems like the hip trend with those people is to be the Weird Al Yankovics of the movie world I.E. parody whatever is current.

Hey man, don't soil the good name of Weird Al Yankovic by comparing him to those assholes. Even at his worse, he's 10x the talent than those guys.

So, I'm having a debate with a female co-worker at the moment on the status of Kim Kardashian's boobs: fake or no? I say fake, she says no.

I'm saying yeah.

You are very correct with that assessment.

One of the things I love/find disheartening about the horror genre is that there are so many less talked about classics. Sure, I love "Texas Chainsaw Massacre", "Dawn of the Dead", "The Shining", etc. However, what about movies like "Let's Scare Jessica to Death", "Dead & Buried", "Martin", "Lemora: A Child's Tale of the Supernatural", "Messiah of Evil", and several others? I love it because hey, it's more great horror movies, and find it disheartening because of the lack of attention they get. The horror genre has so many little talked about gems, it's amazing.

Who the hell is Kim Kardashian, and how/why is she famous? I look her up on IMDB, and she's someone who just came out of nowhere to suddenly appear on a whole bunch of talk shows.

Sure, I love "Texas Chainsaw Massacre", "Dawn of the Dead", "The Shining", etc. However, what about movies like "Let's Scare Jessica to Death", "Dead & Buried", "Martin", "Lemora: A Child's Tale of the Supernatural", "Messiah of Evil", and several others?

Partly a matter of financial success/critical acclaim, and partly a matter of sheer distribution. Any average Blockbuster probably has all the movies you listed in the first group. They would have none of the films in the second group. Hell, even I haven't seen any of them, though I did once rent Martin from an indy video store and just never got around to watching it.

Well there's your problem right there. Quit going to Blockbuster.

Also, the movies in the first group are absolutely better than the movies in the second group. There's not just great horror films, they're great films.

I love obscure movies too, but I can understand why a genre movie isn't as well known. It's like a Tarantino things. Say, sure, Coffey is better than Black Mama, White Mama, and Sweetback is better than those, and Shaft is better than all of those. (Although I personally enjoy Sweetback the most, personally). And hey, at least everybody knows Blacula.

I did once rent Martin from an indy video store and just never got around to watching it.

You really gotta see that. It's probably the best horror movie from the 70's nobody talks about. It's different, but that's part of what makes it so great.

I really outta do a great movies nobody talks about thread.