TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest NYankees

Comments that which don't warrant a thread

Just saw the trailer for Quarantine: http://www.apple.com/trailers/sony_picture...ntine/high.html

Looks like Zombies/Infected with a Cloverfield style of filming.

It's a remake of [rec] which was a really awesome movie. By the way, if you haven't seen the Quarantine trailer yet, avoid it. It gives away the ending.

Ok. I just saw a trailer for [rec] and it looks infinitely better than Quarantine. Thanks for posting that! :)

[REC] is fucking awesome. Next to "Inside", it's my favorite horror movie of the year.

It's kinda messed up that it took me this long to get into, but I am really, really, really getting into Rifftrax.

I mean, MST3K is my favorite show ever, and the spirit is totally intact. It's like finding my old, dear friend who I thought was dead to be still alive.

And now it's on movies that are actually good, in fact, movies I also love (sometimes), or at least modern ones. So it's like watching my friend die, and then be rebuilt bionically by science.

What I can't wait for is the Rifftrax for Dark Knight.

Brian De Palma's "Sisters" is a really underrated movie.

I hate these new movie ads that have the film letterboxed with either a red or yellow/orange line on the top border stating the movie's title and release date (or "In theatres now" if it's out). These look incredibly minor league and resemble something you would see on channel 1 in a hotel room a decade ago.

Anyone else a fan of Flight of the Conchords? It really grew on me. The first few episodes I was watching just for the music videos, but the second half of the season was tremendous. Rhys Darby (Murray) and Kristen Schaal (Mel) were consistent scene-stealers throughout the season.

The Most Beautiful Girl in the Room

Flight of the Conchords is an ace show. It's really, really good.

They are doing Memento next. That's a pretty interesting choice, I gotta say.

I will defintaly be getting that.

Ray Sager's performance in "The Wizard of Gore" may be the best bad performance ever. Also, the upcoming remake doesn't look too bad (Crispin Glover as Montag? Jeffrey Combs as a circus geek? I'm so there.)

Back to my Super Channel rant and it ruining The Movie Network's monopoly on films, there's a movie on right now called "Vampiro: Angel, Devil Hero".

"Profiling Ian Hodgkinson, also known as the pro wrestler "El Vampiro Canadienese", in this documentary directed by Lee Demarbre (2008)".

Never heard of that.

I can't remember who on here put me onto watching it, but I finally checked out My Kid Could Paint That. It was pretty good, but the dad came off as a massive dick. I'm also inclinded to believe that she did do the paintings.

Been playing some COD2 and I'm in a bit of a War Movie phase at the moment. Can anyone recommend some good War movies to download. Could be WW II, could be modern/made up wars. Can be recent, can be old. Thanks

Saving Private Ryan-WW2

Platoon-Vietnam

Full Metal Jacket-Vietnam

Black Hawk Down (which is amazingly accurate)-deals with BS in Africa, circa 1993

All Quiet on the Western Front-WW1

Glory-US Civil War

The Patriot-Revolutionary Way

Jarhead-Gulf War

The Bridge on the River Kwai-WW2

Flags of Our Fathers/Letters to Iwo Jima-WW2

Memphis Belle-WW2

The Thin Red Line-WW2

Hamburger Hill-Vietnam

I was watching the Rifftrax for Spiderman 3, and it was the first time I had seen the movie since I saw it in theaters. At the time, I thought "Well, that movie obviously had some flaws." Seeing it a second time, the thing flat out sucked. What a load of shit.

Franco was fucking ace in it, though, is about all I can say. That guy is gold. I about died when he was dancing around with MJ to Chubby Checker and Mike says "Did a reel from The Big Chill somehow get spliced into our superhero movie?" because I said pretty much exactly the same thing the first time I saw that scene.

I find it interesting that Ed Wood and Uwe Boll are usually brought up when people talk about inept directors, yet nobody ever mentions Andy Milligan or Al Adamson.

Been playing some COD2 and I'm in a bit of a War Movie phase at the moment. Can anyone recommend some good War movies to download. Could be WW II, could be modern/made up wars. Can be recent, can be old. Thanks

Not sure how much it counts as a war movie (it takes place in basic training for vietnam) but Tigerland was really good.