TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest NYankees

Comments that which don't warrant a thread

Just got a PS3 last week so I can try out the wonders of Blu-Ray. I've been picking up movies cheap and renting some and just checked out the Spiderwick Chronicles today. Not too bad, I just never realized that Mary Louise Parker was in it and was more surprised to hear Seth Rogen's voice as a character too.

Guest Tzar Lysergic
I find it interesting that Ed Wood and Uwe Boll are usually brought up when people talk about inept directors, yet nobody ever mentions Andy Milligan or Al Adamson.

Hal P. Warren

I find it interesting that Ed Wood and Uwe Boll are usually brought up when people talk about inept directors, yet nobody ever mentions Andy Milligan or Al Adamson.

Hal P. Warren

Yeah, but he's only known for one movie. Milligan and Adamson did several. Hell, while we're at it, why not mention Ted V. Mikels, Doris Wishman, and Larry Buchanan.

gary, I think it's simply because casual movie fans haven't heard of any of those people you've mentioned. Uwe Boll and Ed Wood (and to a lesser extent Hal P.Warren) are the most commonly cited in articles about terrible directors.

Nighthawk, I agree with everything you said about Spider-Man 3. When I first saw the movie, I too didn't think it was that bad. When I watched it at home a few months later though, oh my god it was bad.

When I re-watched it, I couldn't figure out why Venom was so smart and suddenly knew where Sandman was (and that he wasn't dead, like the symbiote should have thought). It was a lot worse than I remembered it.

When I re-watched it, I couldn't figure out why Venom was so smart and suddenly knew where Sandman was (and that he wasn't dead, like the symbiote should have thought). It was a lot worse than I remembered it.

Its a plot hole. There is no way for that to make sense logically. In fact, that was the most obvious plot hole ever in a movie.

Spider-man 3 was overall just one big gaping plot hole. The whole film. Everything from the butler's beautiful "oh I forgot to mention, that guy you've been obsessing over to get revenge for your father's death? Yeah, it wasn't his fault. Sorry, my bad, I meant to tell you sooner but there was a bake sale...yeah, oops!"

And the ending? Spidey just lets Sandman float off to rob more banks, put more people's lives in danger but that's ok because he won't team up with anymore homicidal maniacs. His kills will just be accidental collateral damage. Plus you know, Mary Jane takes back Peter because he umm showed he ummm yeah I still don't know why the fuck she took him back.

I'm watching OLDBOY right now, and that movie is all kinds of awesome!

During a silent scene in Pineapple Express, someone yelled out "HEY TURN OFF YOUR CELL PHONE". Since people who keep flipping up their damn phone to check the time / send a text message / assume they're NOT bothering anyone despite the big beam of light they're shining around to everyone around them are a huge peeve of mine, this man was my hero for the evening.

Awesome.

I wish I didn't notice every little distraction when I see a movie, but if I'm in the back row and someone is in front, I'll still notice you flipping open your phone.

I can check my time by just pulling my phone out of my pocket, so I'm okay!

Looking at Canadian Destroyer213's sig, I'm seriously wondering when the fuck they are going to release "Trick 'r Treat." I've been wanting to see this for a long time, and advanced word is good.

Billy Bob Thorton is rumored to play Freddy in the NOES remake.

Mr.%20Horse1.JPG

Even I think it's a stupid idea to remake that movie. I can understand F13 (at least they aren't remaking "Friday"), but NOES?

Theaters here have recently started a "don't text" announcement along with the one telling you to silence your phone. I, of course, say "Fuck you, I'll text all I want."

Looking at Canadian Destroyer213's sig, I'm seriously wondering when the fuck they are going to release "Trick 'r Treat." I've been wanting to see this for a long time, and advanced word is good.

From what I understand, it's not coming out. Warner Brothers isn't releasing it. They don't even have it. Here is the article from Bloody-Disgusting.com with that information.

Also, the BBT rumor is just that, nothing more.

I'm watching OLDBOY right now, and that movie is all kinds of awesome!

I fucking love that film.

RE: Child's Play - The first two are the only horror films to ever actually have me really, really scared. I have a thing against dolls coming to life and killing people. It freaks me out.

From what I understand, it's not coming out. Warner Brothers isn't releasing it. They don't even have it. Here is the article from Bloody-Disgusting.com with that information.

Also, the BBT rumor is just that, nothing more.

Chances are someone else will just pick it up, like Anchor Bay or something, and release it on DVD. I've been wanting to see this for awhile now though, wouldn't mind a release to theaters around Halloween......just makes sense.

Just as long as it's not Lion's Gate. After the shit they pulled with MIDNIGHT MEAT TRAIN, they might fuck this release up as well.

Just as long as it's not Lion's Gate. After the shit they pulled with MIDNIGHT MEAT TRAIN, they might fuck this release up as well.

With the new management at Lions Gate (which is why Meat Train got duped so much as it did), I doubt they will be doing as much of the horror stuff as they once did, unfortunately.

With the new management at Lions Gate (which is why Meat Train got duped so much as it did), I doubt they will be doing as much of the horror stuff as they once did, unfortunately.

Which, as a horror fan, is sad. Just like New Line, horror helped put Lions Gate on the map. They knew how to promote a horror movie well, especially rated-r horror.

So, my friends and I are having a contest to see who can see the most 2008 movies.

One of my friends saw Tell No One, a French thriller released in 2006 in France and across Europe in 07, that got released in the US in July 08.

He says it should count as a 2008 movie because it's a 2008 movie in the US since that when it came out in the US, my other friend is calling BS saying since it's a French film, released in France in 2006, it's a 2006 film and thus doesn't count

Besides the fact that we're all sad and pathetic for arguing this, who do you think is right?

It's still a fucking shame that The Fountain was such an overlooked movie... fuck, Hugh Jackman deserved a bunch of nominations for that film, Clint Mansell was at his best, it's fucking ahead of it's time with no CGI being used, and it's going to be a long time before Aronofsky is going to be able to direct his own material again due to it bombing... shit.