TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest NYankees

Comments that which don't warrant a thread

I got a letter from my cable company this week saying "someone in your house has been downloading movies illegally."

Trailer for "Reurn to Sleepaway Camp", which hits DVD October 21.

Two completely unrelated comments I have

1. Last episode of At The Movies with Ebert and Roeper is on here tonight/this morning. Anybody else seen it already or is planning on watching it? Is it just a regular show or is it a retrospective? Kind of hoping for the latter but I'm taping it regardless because I'm a dork.

2. Watching the last forty five minutes of The Day After on the Sci Fi Network a couple of days ago at 2 A.M. got me into the mood for postapocalypse movies. Any recommendations? The more obscure the recommendation, the better. I know if anyone can help me in this area, it's you guys!

A fair question, re: post apocalypse, but I honestly don't know what to tell you. Because it's like "What's a good post-apocalyptic movie?" Well... Dawn of the Dead, Terminator, Mad Max, Escape From New York, hell, 12 Monkeys and 28 Days Later, I mean, you've seen those.

Omega Man maybe? Soylent Green? Those are pretty good.

Also might note that I own and enjoy Tank Girl. Not a guilty pleasure, as I don't have them, but close. Pretty bad movie, but she's one of my favorite comic characters, so I like it.

Norm MacDonald. Bob Saget Roast. Watch the rerun.

I haven't laughed that hard in years

DAMN good show. Though, IMO, Norm's bit fell kind of flat, or maybe I just "didn't get it"? Supposedly Bob requested that a lot of the jokes aimed at the Olsen twins get cut from the broadcast of the roast. Considering some of the jokes that were aired, I wonder what was cut? Cloris Leachman kicked fucking ass though.

DAMN good show. Though, IMO, Norm's bit fell kind of flat, or maybe I just "didn't get it"? Supposedly Bob requested that a lot of the jokes aimed at the Olsen twins get cut from the broadcast of the roast. Considering some of the jokes that were aired, I wonder what was cut? Cloris Leachman kicked fucking ass though.

I thought Norm was the funniest out of all of them.

Norm was fantastic. I got tickets to see him next month, great stuff. Gilbert was great too

I liked Gilbert Gottfried the most. That man always manages to crack me up.

"The Olsen Twins walk into a bar. One of them asks "give us two Ass Hurts" The bartender asks "What are two Asshurts?" And one of them goes "Well, Bob Saget gives you a chocolate milkshake, and you wake up on your stomach..."

She became famous via the Paris Hilton route. She made a sex tape, then did a reality show, and is now acting in crappy movies.

And she has a big ass.

Didn't see get pissed on in that sex tape or am I mistaken?

After watching HITMAN, I am now totally convinced that Timothy Olyphant has absolutely zero charisma and even less than zero in expressing emotions. Is it he is just really lousy in movies or was he this emotionless mound of flesh on DEADWOOD?

some of the saget roast was really funny, some of it was not. i thought greg giraldo was the best by a pretty wide margin. norm was bizarrely funny (especially the wishing-well joke), gottfried was good. the rest i could take or leave in varying degrees.

Finally watched Hancock... enjoyed it, but it still won't compare to what it originally should of been when I first read the original script... although that movie probably would of not worked as it originally would have been a character fueled drama that probably would of clocked in at a little over two hours with only one big action sequence, while this fun summer flick felt like it barely hit the 80 minute mark.

The new Samuel L. Jackson movie Lakeview Terrace looks like our next great unintentional comedy. The preview was getting laughs throughout when it ran before both Pineapple Express and Tropic Thunder.

"I'm the po-lice, you HAVE to do what I SAY!"

I think Lovitz is just one of those people whose style of comedy doesn't work as a roast. He also looked like he wasn't enjoying the jokes directed at him.

I saw CHARLIE BARTLETT this weekend, and it wasn't that bad of a movie. Robert Downey, Jr. was very good in it. It almost made me think if John Hughes (sp?) made a movie now.

Anyone else disappointed that Lisa Lampenelli wasn't at the roast? Gotfried and Leachman were phenomenal, but I caught both replays last night, and I just didn't find any humor with Norm Macdonald.

Norm has a polarizing style of comedy. You either get it or you don't.

He's been one of my favorites since the late 80s/early 90s when I saw his HBO half hour special

Today I found out that Freakazoid is on dvd, so I bought it....and now I'm happy.

Is Lakeview Terrace supposed to be completely serious? I thought the trailer was supposed to be funny at times. I think that movie looks pretty good, since Samuel L. Jackson seems really weird in it. I remember seeing the trailer for the first time when I went to see Street Kings back in March, and I was like "what a weird looking movie".

Today I found out that Freakazoid is on dvd, so I bought it....and now I'm happy.

Want.

Freak-a me? FREAK-A YOU!!!

...man, I hated that show.

And for the 3 other fans of thrash metal, GET THRASHED: The Story of Thrash Metal comes out on DVD on September 16. IMDB has it rated at 8/10, which is higher than American Hardcore (which has a 7.1/10). Looks to be a decent study of thrash's rise, fall, and impact on the modern metal scene.

Is Lakeview Terrace supposed to be completely serious? I thought the trailer was supposed to be funny at times. I think that movie looks pretty good, since Samuel L. Jackson seems really weird in it. I remember seeing the trailer for the first time when I went to see Street Kings back in March, and I was like "what a weird looking movie".

When I saw the preview I thought it was Officer Tenpenny: The Movie