TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest NYankees

Comments that which don't warrant a thread

Today I found out that Freakazoid is on dvd, so I bought it....and now I'm happy.

Freak-a me? FREAK-A YOU!!!

...man, I hated that show.

How can you hate a show that had an episode filmed entirely in SCREAM O VISION !?!

As for the Dax Shepherd thing, man it's Hollywood. Seems like if you get on tv, movies or famous in any way then you can nail any one. Even the married ones. Sure a regular guy might be able to pull it off, but a regular goofy looking freak like Dax? You better be in famous.

Today I found out that Freakazoid is on dvd, so I bought it....and now I'm happy.

crowpro.jpg

How can you hate a show that had an episode filmed entirely in SCREAM O VISION !?!

Maybe he ate off a plate David Lee Roth already ate off of. (that's a joke in the first episode)

Guest Smues
After watching HITMAN, I am now totally convinced that Timothy Olyphant has absolutely zero charisma and even less than zero in expressing emotions. Is it he is just really lousy in movies or was he this emotionless mound of flesh on DEADWOOD?

He was pretty damn awful in Die Hard 4.

"Don't worry ma'am (mugs to the camera McClain is watching) we know EXACTLY where you are."

Was supposed to be menacing but failed on every level, and even on some levels I didn't know existed.

Guest Smues

I've seen the Lakeview Terrace trailer a few times, and each time I wonder to myself "Who exactly is this movie being targetted at?" I really have no idea who would want to see it, other than for the potential of comedy like has been pointed out. You have to do what I say!

Maybe he ate off a plate David Lee Roth already ate off of. (that's a joke in the first episode)

He's not a failure. It's just that his ideas are bad and dumb.

I decided to watch some of my Sportsnite DVDs the past couple of days. Josh Charles is a great actor and I wish that he would get more starring roles.

Was anyone else a fan of the show?

I actually got worn out by some of the boring romantic storylines they swung out there. Maybe because most of them had absolutely zero romantic chemistry with and it destroyed the illusion. The rest of the show was good but the addition of the laugh tracks and those storylines killed it for me. I really didn't think it was canned early, it was one of those shows I felt had ran its course when it got the axe. I don't know, stuff just stopped clicking. Probably 100% the networks fault but eh, a lot of the characters were becoming increasingly unlikable as well.

Haha, Lakeview Terrace is directed by the guy that did the Wicker Man remake? Oh man, that movie has got to be comedy gold now. It seems like Samuel L. Jackson is in movies that are supposed to be sarcastic, like Snakes on a Plane, now this.

Watching the roast a second time, I can conclude that BOB SAGET did not RAPE AND MURDER A WOMAN IN 1990!

Gottfried still cracks me up.

"BOB SAGET walks into a bar. The bartender tells him that he has a drink named after him. Bob asks what it is, so the bartender explains that it's when you get one shot, sip on it for 8 years, and then collection $100 million."

I didn't see the roast, but that is one of the funniest things I've heard in a long time!

Why bother when I can see the original.

Also, "Cool World" is one of the weirdest, most confusing terrible movies ever made.

"Why bother when..."

Man, I never want to hear your opinion on a remake again. It's the same every time. Some people can enjoy both, and yes, I will be watching Death Race.

"Why bother when..."

Man, I never want to hear your opinion on a remake again. It's the same every time. Some people can enjoy both, and yes, I will be watching Death Race.

Eh, I have no problem with a remake when it seems good, it's just that this one doesn't have my interest. Sorry I piised you off.

I'm not pissed off, but you do seem to shit all over every remake.

There's several remakes I like (The "Dawn of The Dead" remake, the "Hills Have Eyes", "The Ring", "The Thing","3:10 To Yuma"-I could go on), it's just that this one doesn't do it for me. Hell, I'm behind the "Friday the 13th" remake.

That out of the way, I was really looking forward to the "Wizard of Gore" remake, and was kinda let down.

Oh well, at least Glover, Dourif, and Combs were fun, and the death by bear traps was all kinds of awesome.

Most of them do deserve it. How many of the recent horde of remakes we've gotten have been good movies which weren't significantly inferior to the original films? Off the top of my head, I've got Dawn of the Dead and The Ring, and I'm running empty after that. And some of them are so much insanely worse (The Fog definitely comes to mind) that it pisses me off that they wasted money bastardizing an old favorite of mine instead of just spending it on an all-new movie. I mean, I understand why they do it since it's pretty hard for movies to lose money these days with the DVD market and remakes guarantee some built-in name value, but still, outside of "movies based on a video game" it's hard to think of a genre which has produced more pieces of crap than "remakes of other movies".

And then we've got Death Race. Okay, this movie already has a strike against it for me because it was made by the same guy who did Alien vs Predator, so I'll probably be snarky and bitchy about it no matter what. But that's far from the only thing that worries me. The original Death Race 2000 had the greatest sociopathic concept ever: a race where hitting innocent pedestrians gets you points! And the racers, far from being reviled as murderers, are embraced and worshipped as national celebrities. But the remake changes it to some Running Man or Twisted Metal type of concept where it's a bunch of condemned prisoners trying to kill each other instead. It's a gutless and cowardly change which rather strongly undermines the possible satiric overtones and social commentary of the storyline.

Now that's a remake I wouldn't mind seeing: Running Man. Man, I could fantasy cast the shit out of that...

And I actually don't consider the remake of The Ring to be better than the original, in fact not even close, though I do like. About the only remake that was better than the original (aside from remakes of silent era films and such) is Rob Zombie's Halloween, but save your breath, we've had that discussion before.

Even if they are inferior, which they usually are, it doesn't particularly bother me. I mean... we're not sacrificing anything in any real tangible way here.