TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest NYankees

Comments that which don't warrant a thread

Lon Chaney Sr. was born Leonidas Frank Chaney.

I collect awesome names, it's something of a hobby. That's one of my favorites.

Jr. was Creighton Tull Chaney.

Anybody else going to watch Death Race this weekend? Looks awesome.

Looks like The Condemned with cars.

Yes, I read "Everything's Eventual"... well, actually, I listened to the audio book.

But yeah, Stephen King has this bizarre attachment to mini-series, and his film adaptations are not that good, lots of his shit could get remade.

My favorite book of his is IT. Unfilmable, but they could do better than what they had... except for Tim Curry, he was spot on perfect. Salem's Lot was an ok tv one.

The Shining is obviously the best, it's better than the book, and it's a good book. I also like Pet Semetary a lot, it's pretty ugly.

:huh:

Are you kidding me? The Shining was an amazing book. The movie, on the other hand... It scared me to death as a kid, but watching it recently, it bored the shit out of me. It's not even close.

Anybody else going to watch Death Race this weekend? Looks awesome.

Looks like The Condemned with cars.

Yes, I read "Everything's Eventual"... well, actually, I listened to the audio book.

But yeah, Stephen King has this bizarre attachment to mini-series, and his film adaptations are not that good, lots of his shit could get remade.

My favorite book of his is IT. Unfilmable, but they could do better than what they had... except for Tim Curry, he was spot on perfect. Salem's Lot was an ok tv one.

The Shining is obviously the best, it's better than the book, and it's a good book. I also like Pet Semetary a lot, it's pretty ugly.

:huh:

Are you kidding me? The Shining was an amazing book. The movie, on the other hand... It scared me to death as a kid, but watching it recently, it bored the shit out of me. It's not even close.

I didn't like the original version of the film much. I actually liked the made for tv version a lot better.

Fun fact: My hatred of Leonard Maltin stems from Reign of Fire. I've told that story elsewhere though.

It was really more a Christian Bale fights dragons movie, really. Matthew McConaughey shows up like 45 minutes and eaten by a dragon a half hour later. Anyways I bet Bale wishes he could take that movie off his resume. I actually thought the movie was a lot of fun when I saw it in theaters (Hey I didn't know any better- I was 13).

That reminds me I saw that movie for a friend's birthday and that friend had a three or four year run where we saw the shittiest movies on his birthday. The aforementioned Christian Bale dragon movie, that boring ass Final Fantasy movie (that was so bad I contemplated on walking out to see Scary Movie 2- chew on that for a second), The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen. I'm amazed that we're still friends after he made me sit through those.

Fun fact: My hatred of Leonard Maltin stems from Reign of Fire. I've told that story elsewhere though.

It was really more a Christian Bale fights dragons movie, really. Matthew McConaughey shows up like 45 minutes and eaten by a dragon a half hour later. Anyways I bet Bale wishes he could take that movie off his resume. I actually thought the movie was a lot of fun when I saw it in theaters (Hey I didn't know any better- I was 13).

That reminds me I saw that movie for a friend's birthday and that friend had a three or four year run where we saw the shittiest movies on his birthday. The aforementioned Christian Bale dragon movie, that boring ass Final Fantasy movie (that was so bad I contemplated on walking out to see Scary Movie 2- chew on that for a second), The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen. I'm amazed that we're still friends after he made me sit through those.

Yeah, for some reason for a long time me and the family would go see pretty bad movies for my birthday. Independence Day, Scary Movie, Men In Black 2, League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, but fortunately that garglemesh ended years ago.

You know, come to think of it, I subjected that friend to The Flintstones in Viva Rock Vegas so maybe he was just trying to get even. I don't know why I wanted to see that movie. I didn't even like the first movie (or the cartoon for that matter) all that much. I guess dinosaurs farting and Stephen Baldwin were what I wanted to see in a movie when I was 11.

Niggaz be dyin these days!

Does this mean the serial pillest has become a racist?

Wait wait wait...people paid movie to see the Flintstones sequel? Really? Damn. And REIGN OF FIRE wasn't that bad, it actually could have been a much better flick if it was a little longer with better work showing the fall of humanity. And you know, gave some kind of decent conclusion other than "We killed the male...now we wait.."

According to wikipedia, it was #1 for a weekend! For shits and giggles, I looked up what was #1 on the weekend I was born and it was Willow. Could be worse I guess. Had I been born a week earlier it would have been Friday The 13th Part VII:The New Blood.

You know, come to think of it, I subjected that friend to The Flintstones in Viva Rock Vegas so maybe he was just trying to get even. I don't know why I wanted to see that movie. I didn't even like the first movie (or the cartoon for that matter) all that much. I guess dinosaurs farting and Stephen Baldwin were what I wanted to see in a movie when I was 11.

I remember that came out on my birthday, April 28th.

Where the hell are you finding these lists so easily? IMDB and wiki both utterly failed me on this one, and even the third-party list I eventually found was incomplete. The week before I was born #1 was held by 10, two weeks after was The Great Santini, but no info found on the actual day.

I was born on a Friday (4/28/87) and in theaters was "No Way Out," "Dirty Dancing," and "The Lost Boys" and "Robocop" still hanging out after over 4-5 weeks.

But what was the number one movie that weekend? Obviously "Stakeout." The buddy cop movie with Emilio Estevez and Richard Dreyfuss.

That's nearly as funny as the live action insert at the end of Fly Me To The Moon where Buzz Aldrin tells the audience that it was in fact not possible for flies to have hitched a ride on Apollo 11. Thanks Buzz.

Idiots.

Could you elaborate? I mean, I respect your opinion more than that of most others on here, but simply calling those who prefer the book idiots isn't a good counter argument. What, in your opinion, made the movie better? Nicholson was great- actually, the whole cast played their roles very well- but the movie was just kind of dull and, well, not scary to me once I passed age 14. The book, however, still gave me chills at 20.