TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest NYankees

Comments that which don't warrant a thread

Yeah, I couldn't believe that Fred Durst actually directed a movie. From reading the plot of The Longshots, and knowing that Fred Durst directed it, how could that movie possibly be good?

Yeah you guys let's just give Fred Durst a chance. He has potential.

Why not? Education of Charlie Banks, his debut feature, was well recieved. Killer cast too

Taken from SK's Blog...

Movie poster quiz

I got 36/46.

Regarding #28, it's exactly the movie you think it is, but it apparently doesn't register as correct, I guess. I tried every variation on the title I could think of.

Like Ratatoullie, they should spell Cthulhu phonetically for the benefit of Middle America.

Also, the more movies Fred Durst makes, the less albums Fred Durst makes. The choice is clear.

Anyone seen this trailer yet?

http://www.apple.com/trailers/independent/cthulhu/

Looks kinda creepy. Only problem is the trailer seems to give away to much towards the end.....DAMMIT.

I saw a leaked version of it, and I can say I wanted to like it more than I actually liked it. It's got some top notch scenes and some nice atmosphere, but it feels too much like an arthouse flick at times. Also, the acting is horrendous, particularly the lead, who is completely unlikeable, and whines most of the time. And Tori Spelling? Really?

Oh, and the scene when the Sheriff quotes Yeats is hilarious

. It's worth a rental I guess, but nothing more. If you want to see a better take on Lovecraft, see Stuart Gordon's "Dagon" or that B&W "Call of Cthulhu" movie instead.

Dagon was pretty good. That's based on "Dagon" and "Shadow Over Innsmouth," right?

I'd like to see one based on "The Pickman's Model," or even a serious adaptation of "Herbert West - Reanimator."

Dagon was pretty good. That's based on "Dagon" and "Shadow Over Innsmouth," right?

I'd like to see one based on "The Pickman's Model," or even a serious adaptation of "Herbert West - Reanimator."

Yes, it is based on "Dagon" and "Shadow."

I still want Guillermo Del Toro to do that "At The Mountains Of Madness" movie he's been wanting to do. That would be incredible. Also, Stuart Gordon's going to take on "The Thing on the Doorstep" next.

Taken from SK's Blog...

Movie poster quiz

I got 36/46.

Regarding #28, it's exactly the movie you think it is, but it apparently doesn't register as correct, I guess. I tried every variation on the title I could think of.

The spelling is all A's, no O's. I got 10. How the hell did you get 36?

You know, I really want Nightcourt Season 2 to come out. I'm surprised after all this time that season 1 released, Warner Bros still hasn't released season 2.

Taken from SK's Blog...

Movie poster quiz

I got 36/46.

The spelling is all A's, no O's. I got 10. How the hell did you get 36?

It was really more photographic memory than anything. Some I really did need to think about to get.

"Evil Aliens" is pretty much a near perfect splatter comedy. I mean come on, it has: Tons of gore, a dominatrix Alien Queen who fucks a nerd, a retarded farmer, a T-Shirt that reads "God Hates Trek", a Paul Lyndd-esque gay dude getting a giant crucifix shoved up his ass, a banana peel gag, tributes to Phantasm, an intergalactic version of "Jerry Springer", and best of all, this:

Forgot I had Clash of the Titans on my Netflix list. It showed up today, and I basked in it's glory. Maggie Smith... Lawrence Olivier and Burgess Meredith in a Greek Hero Tale? So fucking awesome.

2001 MANIACS is one of the best remakes in recent memory. Robert Englund and Lynn Shea are awesome! The gore is sweet and the story is easy to follow.

Guest Smues

Thanks to Tivo (and me slacking off and leaving for work later in the morning) I've been watching a lot of The Practice lately, and it's amazing to me how differently I feel about it then when I first watched it as a teenager. The first few seasons I still like, but by season 4 the ratio of episodes I like to episodes that piss me off is already way out of proportion. Like today's episode, the one where Helen lies to a 15 year old girl that killed her baby to get a confession, and Bobby and Eugene defend a lady that killed her husband, and probably killed her first husband as well. When I first saw it when it was a new episode I was pissed at Helen and thought she was in the wrong, and felt bad that the black widow chick pled guilty only to learn that the jury came back with a not guilty verdict. Now I'm completely on the otherside, I don't think Helen crossed the line at all, and fuck the black widow chick, she was guilty. And after a zillion episodes of "All the guilty clients get aquitted and only the innocent ones get convicted," it was nice to see justice actually served for once.

How in the hell I ever liked season 4 and beyond of this show is beyond me. And it's really annoying how the defense lawyers pull every scummy trick in the book and it's ok, but the prosecutors do anything and get reamed for it. Like that kid who'se dad killed his mom and then he lied about it to get his dad acquitted. Helen is supposed to be the bad guy for pressing perjury charges against the kid? Fuck that.

Oh and fuck Lindsey Dole. I hated her even when I liked the show.