TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest NYankees

Comments that which don't warrant a thread

Armond White may be the worst movie critic ever.

I heard someone on the radio refer to "Sexdrive" as "this generations' Superbad." Um, I thought Superbad was this generations' Superbad.

Yeah iI seen Sexdrive today. It was decent but the last 15 mns or so did its best to try and save it. Its a decent movie, Don't think I like that I paid to see it.

Wow, it's funny how "generations" only last 1 or 2 years now. That's honestly about as lame as The Rocker's trailer referring to it as "the sleeper hit of the summer", before it had even hit theaters.

I'm not gonna bother with a thread on it but every Canadian should go out of their way to see Paschendaele. Beautiful film, Paul Gross deserves a best actor nod for it and the scenery is breathtaking. Pretty brutal war scenes to boot.

I heard someone on the radio refer to "Sexdrive" as "this generations' Superbad." Um, I thought Superbad was this generations' Superbad.

The DJ was obviously confused by the Columbia throwback logo.

I've been watching and thinks it's hilarious, but I also fully believe HBO will cancel it after this season.

The old man boxing episode is probably the best of them so far. Trying to type it out one liners will do it no justice.

Rudy Ray Moore, dead at 81.

Like many, I first learned of the man's work through the seminal classic House Party. I'm adding and bumping up Disco Godfather to the top of my NetFlix queue in honor of his passing.

Fuck.

In lighter news, this entry in the AV Club's "Films That Time Forgot" is awesome. Plus, this, like "Deathbead: The Bed That Eats", is a movie that truly must be seen to be believed. It literaly defies proper description.

I really like these two trailers:

Benjamin Button does look solid though. Zodiac was refreshingly mature so hopefully Fincher's starting to get serious with his work.

Just avoid the Leprechaun in Space one. SciFi Channel Original Movies beat up that flick on the playground and steal its lunch money.

Was there a problem with Seven and Fight Club or something?

Yeah, when has Fincher ever sucked? Okay, Alien 3 was fucked from the start and The Game was overrated as hell and Panic Room was forgettable, but he's never made an out-and-out terrible movie, there's always something interesting about his work.

Although I do wonder about that plot. Guy ages backwards? Didn't Francis Ford Coppola just do that in Youth Without Youth? Ah well, no matter, the mere fact that this movie combines Cate Blanchett and Tilda Swinton onto the same screen at the same time guarantees that I'll be watching it.

I love love love Leprechaun Back 2 Tha Hood. We watched the BET version after a big Christmas party last year, and it was so bad it sent people with bad hangovers back to bed. Those of us that stuck through it (all both of us) found it to be perversely entertaining. Very quotable, especially since they chose to replace the N-word with "ninja". Not to mention what one character does with his gold, a line we've repeated far too much.

"That's right, bitch. I bought me a new car, some rims, I got some ice, and a whole assload of bud. And I smoked that shit and it was good."

I tried to watch the original Leprechaun in the Hood, but it doesn't have the same charm Despite having Ice-T.

Leprechaun 3 and both of the Leprechaun in The Hood ones are highly entertaining guilty pleasures. Leprechaun In Space isn't as nearly as entertaining as it sounds... I was thisclose to wondering why Angela Bassett agreed to be in that one until I realized I was confusing it with the not entirely dissimilar Critters 4 (which not only starred her but also apparently had Brad Douriff in it).

What the fuck? Sci Fi just said stay tuned for leprechan 2! and after that Leprechan 1?!!? Does showing them backwards make any sense? Not that it really matters given the content.

USA Network (or it might be TBS) does the same thing with the MAJOR LEAGUE series. They start with BACK TO THE MINORS and then show 2 and then the original. Makes no sense to me.

Don't get me wrong, I think Fight Club and Se7en are fun films and I still watch them-- man is The Game ridiculous though. It's just that Zodiac seemed so unlike Fincher with the slow pacing and the attention to detail, particularly the look of the film. It wasn't his most entertaining movie, but it looked (to me) like an expertly made one, which is my point. Button looks similar in that I don't think it's going to make use of hyperkinetic action sequences or snappy dialogue but instead give its full attention to the Benjamin Button character. Zodiac was the first Fincher movie that I can honestly say that I was surprised when it didn't pick up any nominations.

Just watched a guy crash and burn like hell on Deal or No Deal, he had 4 cases, 2 million dollar cases, something like a 75k or something in that range and $1.

He opens a case, has the 75K in it, gets an offer for 600K+ to sell. He no deals.

He opens another case, it has one of the million dollars in it. Gets an offer for like 420K to sell.

His mother pleads... PLEADS with him to deal, his brother or whoever is like, No Deal, the guy is being all emotional and looks like he's going to deal and suddenly slams the door closed on the button. He takes his case he started with.

They pop it open.

$1.

The mother damn near blacks out and his whole family is in shock.

I just started laughing and laughing.

I almost wish Deal or No Deal was more asshole-y and they had some guy run out and start yelling YOU SO STUPID like the gameshow on UHF, because this dude got greedy he walks away with a dollar.

I mean if you are going to bank even a thousand or something like that you can at least console yourself with some modest boost to your income and it's worth the risk. This guy turned a house into a McDonald's Cheeseburger.

He turned down a guarenteed 600k+ for a chance to win a million? Thats fucking retarded. He deserves to get laughed at.

I can see the first pass, because he still has a 2 in 3 chance for a million. But going 50/50 between a Million and a Dollar? He should have taken the 400k and ran with it.

I want to start a game show and when people do something stupid like this have people come out and do The Dance of Shame at them. Or have monkeys throw shit at them. Something to solidify in their lives that they couldn't have possibly made a worse choice.