TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest NYankees

Comments that which don't warrant a thread

You certainly do enjoy describing things as being a hoot...

Anyway, I actually kinda wanted to see Trailer Park of Terror for some reason, so that's good to hear. Will watch.

Nude Mena Suvari is a big deal? Considering she already did that a decade ago in American Beauty and all.

Zombie Strippers: Ok, first the good news: This isn't unwatchable. Hell, it's actually not the sub par Troma rehash I feared it would be, and it's got some great zombies, and Robert Englund is a hoot. That out of the way, it's nothing spectacular either, a lot of the jokes tank, and it's pretty much a "watch if there's nothing on" type of movie. 6/10

This was a good'un which got completely ignored because of the title and concept, which admittedly sounds like it should result in a movie which would be just awful. But really the only thing in here I didn't like were all the crappy Mexican janitor jokes. The rest was shockingly good, including a fun turn from Englund playing against type, and a script that was way sharper than it had any right to be. The dialogue sounded like it was actually written by and for people with at least some intelligence, and what the hell are all these references to Nietzsche and other existential philosophers doing in a movie called Zombie Strippers? (Apparently it's actually kind of a remake of an old existential play called Rhinocerous, but that's a long story.) Plus there was an interesting underlying subtext about men's objectification of women, and using zombification as a metaphor for cosmetic surgery and selling out to provide what society unrealistically demands of the feminine form, and an undead Jenna Jameson shooting ping-pong balls out of her cooter as a form of attack. Any movie which can somehow combine all that shit into eighty minutes of low-budget cheesy brain-eating goodness is a work of art which demands a sort of awed respect.

omg, I'm talking bout horror movies again, Superjail's gonna demand I gtfo

So basically you should be running to video stores looking for Cassavetes' "A Woman Under the Influence" if you don't already own it. There will be nothing more important come Tuesday.

Thank you for bringing this to my attention. I could conceivably decorate my whole house with these.

This is actually fairly indicative of Polish illustrators in general. They tend to be a bit on the darker side of surrealism, as life is not that great in Poland.

http://www.polishposter.com/

Polish movie posters. Some of them are quite insane. My favorite is this one:

4068.jpg

Relatively normal, but it's of my favorite scene of the movie.

4541.jpg

1846.jpg

We actually had a round on these in my local Pub Quiz - this was the one that took us ages to get.

Worst Week is a horrible show, how can you screw up something with Kurtwood Smith involved? He's awesome, but he can't even save this show. I know that Murphy's Law is an old comedic bit, but some of the stuff is just insane. Babies eating the wedding ring, the secret fiance "capturing the neighborhood prowler" who is actually the adopted black brother of the family, he accidentally sets fire to the strict fathers portrait while trying to fix the power breaker, it's just unending, unfunny garbage. I've watched three episodes hoping to find something redeeming in it.

There is nothing.

Completely off the subject, but has anyone here seen Maniac? It's a low-budget horror flick from the late 70's/early 80's starring Joe Spinnel (Gazzo from the Rocky movies). Surprisingly decent, if not a little on the sick side. It has a badass scene where Tom Savini takes a shotgun blast to the face in full gory detail.

Completely off the subject, but has anyone here seen Maniac? It's a low-budget horror flick from the late 70's/early 80's starring Joe Spinnel (Gazzo from the Rocky movies). Surprisingly decent, if not a little on the sick side. It has a badass scene where Tom Savini takes a shotgun blast to the face in full gory detail.

That's one sleazy little slasher movie. Savini also did the effects work for it, if I'm not mistaken.

It's actually pretty well known among the gore set.

My friend's band has employed the "I warned you not to go out tonight" tagline as their personal slogan.

That's one sleazy little slasher movie. Savini also did the effects work for it, if I'm not mistaken.

Sure did. Reason I ask, is I have this on DVD, but haven't watched it in quite some time. It's definitely worth checking out. It is indeed one sleezy film. It's one of those "midnight" movies that some theaters show.

So, I'm flipping around the channels seeing what is and is not in HD during the day time hours, and I see this bizarre showcase on The Price is Right based around the song "One Week" by the Barenaked Ladies. This leads to one of the TPIR Models dressing as Sailor Moon. Did not see that one coming.

Worst Week is a horrible show, how can you screw up something with Kurtwood Smith involved? He's awesome, but he can't even save this show. I know that Murphy's Law is an old comedic bit, but some of the stuff is just insane. Babies eating the wedding ring, the secret fiance "capturing the neighborhood prowler" who is actually the adopted black brother of the family, he accidentally sets fire to the strict fathers portrait while trying to fix the power breaker, it's just unending, unfunny garbage. I've watched three episodes hoping to find something redeeming in it.

There is nothing.

Whatever network the show is on is advertising it as the season's #1 comedy. Anybody know if that is true?

They can advertise the #10 movie as a #1 movie if they word it right

Yes, the #10 movie can still be:

the #1 Family Film in America

the #1 Inspirational Sports Film in America

the #1 Comedy Film in America

It's all in how you word it.

No one is watching and enjoying Chocolate News? Am I really the only one who finds it funny as hell?

You may not find this as funny as I did :

We've noticed that customers who have purchased or rated Friday the 13th, Part VII - The New Blood have also purchased Flowers for Algeron on DVD. For this reason, you might like to know that Flowers for Algeron will be released on November 18, 2008. You can pre-order yours by following the link below.

You may not find this as funny as I did :

We've noticed that customers who have purchased or rated Friday the 13th, Part VII - The New Blood have also purchased Flowers for Algeron on DVD. For this reason, you might like to know that Flowers for Algeron will be released on November 18, 2008. You can pre-order yours by following the link below.

I found it funny as well, but I thought the Flowers for Algeron movie was called Charly.

I tend to agree.

As noted, I love DAG though, so it's bittersweet.

He opened the show with "Holy shit!" this week. I missed how it was ok to say shit on tv now.