TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest NYankees

Comments that which don't warrant a thread

A little behind the times lately, Mike...

This isn't the first time (see pointing out the "Friday the 13th" remake trailer after everyone had already seen it.) That id sn incredible moive. That and "Inside" are the best horror movies of the year.

I'd still say I prefer Lost Boys, but LTROI is right behind.

"Near Dark" is much better than "Lost Boys."

Went to a midnight showing of Enter The Dragon last night and man I can't believe I forgot how badass that movie was. I only saw it once before when I was 12/13ish and I guess pubescent KK didn't fully appreciate it. What other Bruce Lee movies should I check out? I'm 99% sure I haven't seen any of his others and if I did it was years ago.

So I'll be meeting Bruce Campbell at a meet and greet tomorrow in the Twin Cities before "My Name is Bruce" is shown......should be something else. Any questions anyone wants me to ask him, feel free to post.

Bev Garland is dead. You probably know her from "It Conqured The World."

I like how people here have come around on Ebert. I remember a few years ago I had to constantly defend him.

Though I think he's lost his touch on reviewing movies, I love his blogs

i'm totally baffled by people who like or dislike critics based on how well the critic's taste meshes with theirs. it's a tad unreasonable to expect somebody to have the exact same opinions as you on movies. who gives a shit if he gave 'van helsing' 3 stars, as long as he had specifiable reasons, a point-of-view, and good writing.

I have done television interviews for more than 40 years. I have been on both ends of the questions. I have news for you. Everyone is made up before going on television. If they are not, they will look like death warmed over. There is not a person reading this right now who should go on camera without some kind of makeup.

that's my favorite part.

Hell, he gave "Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead" zero stars and I loved that movie. But most of his complaints were pretty valid. The guy's right, ignore the star ratings and read the reviews.

I think he now gives **** to movies that he feels he has to give **** to, so he doesn't get left behind. I mean, W and Synecdoche, New York ****? No way.

That said, even when I don't agree with him, which is often, he's a great writer.

The controversy over his 8 minute review was fun stuff

I'd have given Synecdoche, New York 3 and a half, but I could buy 4.

I personally hated it. Even my friend, who expected to give it 4 like Ebert, walked out very disappointed.

Guest Agent of Oblivion
I guess the real question is why an acid that can melt a human body away without a trace with a light sprinkle can be carried around in a test tube, but that's just one of those sci-fi things you don't question, right?

That's not too difficult to figure out. I mean, you can keep extremely concentrated nitric acid in a glass bottle, and it will turn your skin yellow and slough it off.

You know what Christmas special they never show on TV anymore? Jim Henson's The Christmas Toy. One of my all-time favorites. It just came out on DVD but it's not on Netflix! Bullshit! I demand answers! I might have to buy it on DVD...only $9 on Amazon.

And man, I didn't realize as a kid how much Toy Story ripped this one off.

KK, didn't The Christmas Toy lead to a show called "The Secret Life of Toys"? And yeah, I remember seeing that, and THEN seeing Toy Story, and being completely underwhelmed. I still don't care for Toy Story too much because of that.

KK, didn't The Christmas Toy lead to a show called "The Secret Life of Toys"? And yeah, I remember seeing that, and THEN seeing Toy Story, and being completely underwhelmed. I still don't care for Toy Story too much because of that.

Yep, The Secret Life of Toys was spun off from that movie and debuted a year or two before Toy Story.

So apparently Jay Leno will stay at NBC when he leaves to tonight show and will have a show weeknights at 10 pm. I wonder what happens to shows like Law and Order because of this?