TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest NYankees

Comments that which don't warrant a thread

Oh, I never said he never has or will give a bad performance. Everybody does except for Jennifer Connelly.

Now here's a man who's never seen Inventing the Abbotts. Or The Rocketeer. Or Dark Water.

That is actually not a bad little game: try to name someone who's never had a bad performance. Or, if you want to broaden it a little, never been in a bad movie. I can't think of anyone, offhand.

But he was Guildenstern, so he gets a free pass anyways.

Or he was Rosencrantz. Or both? Neither? They were awfully vague about the name thing. Maybe he was secretly Vladimir or Estragon.

Nah, he couldn't be Vladamir or Estragon, everybody they're waiting for actually shows up. Whatever the name is of the character Roth played, it's my favorite character.

And I liked Dark Water (hey, Tim Roth again!), and found her inoffensive in The Rocketeer. Not great, but not bad. Never seen that Abbot movie.

That is actually not a bad little game: try to name someone who's never had a bad performance. Or, if you want to broaden it a little, never been in a bad movie. I can't think of anyone, offhand.

I'm p. sure we've played this game before and the correct answers were Maria Falconetti and John Cazale.

Maybe, but that's almost cheating to name them. (And the legend of Falconetti never doing any other screen parts is wrong, she'd appeared in a couple of forgotten movies back in the teens.)

I added "never been in a bad movie" because "never had a bad performance" is too subjective. Also, with that one you could just name someone like Judi Dench or Phillip Seymour Hoffman who's so talented and professional that they're always good regardless of the relative quality of the film around them, but they have slipped up in terms of picking projects and starred in some stinkers during their tenure.

Oh, I never said he never has or will give a bad performance. Everybody does except for Jennifer Connelly.

Now here's a man who's never seen Inventing the Abbotts. Or The Rocketeer. Or Dark Water.

Point of order: Jennifer Connelly is topless in Inventing the Abbotts, which automatically makes her performance at least passable.

I would mention that she did time in Hulk, except that she out-performed everyone in that movie not named Sam Elliott. Damn, she does have a surprisingly good resume when you step back and look at the whole, considering she's never had That One Part which sticks out and makes her a star,

Point of order: Jennifer Connelly is topless in Inventing the Abbotts, which automatically makes her performance at least passable.

Requiem for a Dream too. I love her, shame she had a her breasts reduced a few years back :( Or was that Phoebe Cates.

Requiem for a Dream too. I love her, shame she had a her breasts reduced a few years back :( Or was that Phoebe Cates.

Jennifer just lost a lot of weight there for a bit and her breasts shrank right out of the picture. She claims stress led her to stop eating and she just lost her body. It's came back a little bit since she put back on a little weight. I know Christina Ricci had a reduction done to her massive breasts, not a clue on Phoebe Cates. I can't imagine she did, she wasn't really sporting an overly large cup to cause back problems I wouldn't think.

Monty Python gives it to the fans for free and sees a 23,000% increase in sales!!!

Basically, the article says that Monty Python has put their skits on youtube for free with links to buy their DVDs. Their sales increased by over 23,000%!

Revolutionary Road was interesting. Kate Winslet's character is deplorable and I'd go so far as to say loathsome.

Within 30 minutes I turned to my girlfriend and said that the only way I was leaving the movie happy is if she killed herself. She didn't; but the bitch died and that was ok with me.

Awesome performances, though. Some top notch acting. But I'd avoid if possible.

No, she does not. Which is ironic, since she gets naked in almost every other scene in the first half of The Reader, though that was easily not as good a movie as Revolutionary Road (a film I still didn't like very much).

Revolutionary Road was interesting. Kate Winslet's character is deplorable and I'd go so far as to say loathsome.

Within 30 minutes I turned to my girlfriend and said that the only way I was leaving the movie happy is if she killed herself. She didn't; but the bitch died and that was ok with me.

Awesome performances, though. Some top notch acting. But I'd avoid if possible.

Seems strange to give props to the actors but tell people to avoid seeing it.

I'm still holding out hope for complete Sliders and Quantum Leap sets. I think I am holding out for something that will never happen.

I'm through three of the five Best Picture nominees. So far, Slumdog Millionaire > Benjamin Button >>> The Reader. Seriously, The Reader is essentially a pretentious and stuffy Masterpiece Theatre version of Ilsa: She Wolf of the SS with all the nastiness swept under the rug. I know the Academy makes some funny choices (does anyone actually like Crash?) but it's still frustrating that such a pious piece of shit like that can make the cut while many more deserving films get left out.

Crash wasn't as terrible as some people make it out to be...but Bob's right, winning Best Picture is the worst thing that ever happened to it. It's an OK movie (way too preachy and a bit manipulative) but a terrible Best Picture.

Yeah, I liked it better than Brokeback Mountain as well. Brokeback Mountain was perhaps better made but it always has stood out to me as a stereotpical staid period doomed love affair film with two dudes.