TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest NYankees

Comments that which don't warrant a thread

Does this look entertaining to you?

Well if it does, then good news: it's getting a limited theatrical run March 30th.

The gore looks pretty good. At least it's not absent of the usual horrible horror film one-liners such as "Zombie's packing!", and "ever been shot when it was good?".

Josh Harnett as Loki is pretty stupid.

I'd love to agree but:

Lucky Number Slevin

Sin City

Black Hawk Down

all killer movies and he was just fine in them

Let's not forget the cinematic classic "The Faculty". Which I have a massive soft spot for.

Off topic, but can anyone help me find a Twilight Zone episode I seem to think that I've seen but can't find. It's got people waking up in a Road Side cafe that they can't escape from. I think the twist is that it's either limbo, or it was aliens doing an experiement. Anyone know?

I am shocked by the amount of Hartnett love here. Never could stand the dude, I always found him to be totally insincere; I always saw him trying to act, and not the character he was supposed to be. I can tolerate him when he's shoved into the background of an ensemble like Sin City or Blackhawk Down, but any time he's a leading man it's nails-on-chalkboard time as far as I'm concerned. Maybe it's just a personal thing, I usually hate John Cusack too, and most people disagree with me on that one as well.

Off topic, but can anyone help me find a Twilight Zone episode I seem to think that I've seen but can't find. It's got people waking up in a Road Side cafe that they can't escape from. I think the twist is that it's either limbo, or it was aliens doing an experiement. Anyone know?

It might be "Stopover In A Quiet Town" as well, but it's a couple being in a house and finding everything is fake in the "world", trying to ride the train out of town, and then realizing they are in a giant alien girl's home after they were captured from Earth.

Why did I see John Cena on the intro to SNL tonight?

Actor Ron Silver, 62, Dies

I am terribly saddened to report that the great actor and political activist, Ron Silver, died this morning at his home in New York. Ron was 64 and had been bravely battling esophageal cancer for the last two years.

Oh, FOX

I feel that Ron Silver would have wanted me to post The Fox News obituary. What immediately comes to mind when I think of him is the commercials hyping the blink and you missed it television series Skin that played during The World Series 5-6 years ago.

"His father is the district attorney!"

What was so strange (but yet not really the more I think about it) about it all was how so little the people responded to Cena in the skit. Like SNL was just expecting the audience to go apeshit once they zoomed in that it was Cena or something. Instead I think I heard one person react.

What was so strange (but yet not really the more I think about it) about it all was how so little the people responded to Cena in the skit. Like SNL was just expecting the audience to go apeshit once they zoomed in that it was Cena or something. Instead I think I heard one person react.

In all fairness to Cena, the crowd barely reacted to Tina Fey either. She even paused expecting an ovation but didn't get one. The crowd was pretty dead the whole show.

Gary Busey is fucking great on the Larry the Cable guy roast.

Yeah, he was the only thing worth watching. The rest was much like the Foxworthy roast, utterly forgettable.