TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest NYankees

Comments that which don't warrant a thread

Gary Busey is fucking great on the Larry the Cable guy roast.

Yeah, he was the only thing worth watching. The rest was much like the Foxworthy roast, utterly forgettable.

Probably the weakest Comedy Central Roast I've seen, although I did think McCormick was surprisingly the funniest roaster.

Maybe I should bump up the Curb Your Enthusiasm thread for this but I finally got around to renting the first season on Netflix. While far from a bad show, I'm not seeing the greatest sitcom on television. I'm assuming it gets better in future seasons, right?

Gary Busey is fucking great on the Larry the Cable guy roast.

There was a Larry the Cable Guy Roast?

Maybe I should bump up the Curb Your Enthusiasm thread for this but I finally got around to renting the first season on Netflix. While far from a bad show, I'm not seeing the greatest sitcom on television. I'm assuming it gets better in future seasons, right?

Yes. Infact, the latest season was it's best.

Can someone please point out to me previous 24 threads on this site. I would love to see peoples opinions on the show from the past. I could only find one for season six. I am now up to episode 21 of Season Five. This is by far the best show on TV.

Is Lisa Lampinelli supposed to be funny? I mean, if so, I'm just not getting it. It's not the racism, by any means, race jokes are usually always funny....just not with her. Maybe it's because I don't usually find female comedians funny? Who knows?

Is Lisa Lampinelli supposed to be funny? I mean, if so, I'm just not getting it. It's not the racism, by any means, race jokes are usually always funny....just not with her. Maybe it's because I don't usually find female comedians funny? Who knows?

She was funny the first time I heard her and then got very very very stale after repeat listenings. Her act is the same with the same joke recycled in different ways. I prefer to hear people roast on her.

Treble thanks for the links. I appreciate it.

Why did I see John Cena on the intro to SNL tonight?

What was so strange (but yet not really the more I think about it) about it all was how so little the people responded to Cena in the skit. Like SNL was just expecting the audience to go apeshit once they zoomed in that it was Cena or something. Instead I think I heard one person react.

In all fairness to Cena, the crowd barely reacted to Tina Fey either. She even paused expecting an ovation but didn't get one. The crowd was pretty dead the whole show.

It's because they told the audience the skit was a pretape, even though the Tina portion was live

I saw most of the first season (how many have there been so far?), and I liked it. It's nothing like the comics so if you're the kind of person who would be bothered by that, then skip it, but some of the changes they made were really cool.

I saw most of the first season (how many have there been so far?), and I liked it. It's nothing like the comics so if you're the kind of person who would be bothered by that, then skip it, but some of the changes they made were really cool.

I'm 3 episodes in the 1st season, and I'm enjoying it so far.

There's a new Iron Man series coming to Nick Toons that features Tony Stark, Rhodey and Pepper as high school kids. I'm not sure how I feel about that. I don't mind changes, like Wolverine & The X-Men changes, but this may be a bit too much.

It's alright at first, but if you had the "fortune" of watching or hearing her act once, than you never have to hear it again. At least Gilbert Gottfried is funny in other things, even though he's had the same 2 or 3 sets for the last 20 years.

Has anyone see that "The Spectacular Spider-Man" DVD series? Is it worth downloading?

I dl'd it since I had heard good things about it. It's pretty good, I liked it.

Yeah I just watched it all... I thought it was cool, best cartoon done since the 1994 FOX series. Quite a bit of changes, but like DopUssy said the changes were pretty interesting. Can't wait to start watching the 2nd season.

There's a new Iron Man series coming to Nick Toons that features Tony Stark, Rhodey and Pepper as high school kids. I'm not sure how I feel about that. I don't mind changes, like Wolverine & The X-Men changes, but this may be a bit too much.

God, that sounds awful.

Has anyone see that "The Spectacular Spider-Man" DVD series? Is it worth downloading?

Yes. It's not a 'dvd series' whatever that even means, it's a new Spiderman cartoon that was originally aired on Kids WB on saturday mornings. It is pretty great though. Season 2 hasn't started yet, so your gonna be waiting awhile. I had heard Season 2 got moved from CW/KidsWB to some other station, but still, season 2 is supposed to pick up with the ending of season1 plus introduce alot more older enemies, and a bigger plot involved around Mysterio.

It's a cartoon for children. How does its existence affect you in any way? Why do you care?

I don't, I'm just saying it sounds awful.