TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest NYankees

Comments that which don't warrant a thread

There was a marathon of Family Matters on BET and for some reason, I was compelled to watch two part "series finale"...man was that some bad television. I don't think that show was ever great but I guess it really fell of the rails after it got kicked off TGIF. Urkel engaged to Laura? Wasn't she supposed to hate him? And Urkel goes to space! That's never a good sign unless it's The Simpsons! It was nice to see Holmes Osbourne randomly get an applause break when he entered as the hard ass former astronaut that recruited Urkel.

And has any show replaced/added more characters with no rhyme or reason than Family Matters? Did they think everybody was so enraptured with Urkel that they wouldn't notice? Why am I posting about Family Matters? Waldo Faldo was the real star of the show for my money.

The Family Matters series finale is pretty good. When you think of all the zaniness that occured, Urkel going to space isn't that bad.

The last episode prior to the finale is amazing, that's where Laura and Steve get engaged. Steve proposes to her using the same ring he gave her when they worked on a science project together back in 91. Awesome stuff.

Also, Laura decided she liked Steve at the beginning of the last season. The last season had Steve and Stefon both wanting her and Laura liking both, but she chose Steve.

Judy, Rachel, Richie, Mother Winslow, Harriet 1 and Waldo all left the show. Rachel was still "around", she was never shown and in the final Christmas episode she was visiting a sick aunt. They ever explained Richie or Mother Winslow, but Waldo moved to NYC to go to culinary school.

Is Lisa Lampinelli supposed to be funny? I mean, if so, I'm just not getting it. It's not the racism, by any means, race jokes are usually always funny....just not with her. Maybe it's because I don't usually find female comedians funny? Who knows?

It's alright at first, but if you had the "fortune" of watching or hearing her act once, than you never have to hear it again. At least Gilbert Gottfried is funny in other things, even though he's had the same 2 or 3 sets for the last 20 years.

Pretty much what everyone else has said. Her whole act is "I only fuck black guys". If it weren't for that, she really wouldn't have much to work with. She's decent enough at the roasts though. I was pretty disappointed that she wasn't at the Bob Saget roast. I'd say so far, the most disappointing one I have seen, was far and away the Jerry Stiller roast.

I am almost done with season 6 of 24. I am about to start season 7 within the next couple of days. How does season 7 hold up to the previous seasons? I know that alot of people hated season 6 but it is ok to me. Probably because I didn't have to wait 5 months to watch the whole season.

I've liked it a lot, so far. It has been season 1 or 5 levels of greatness, but easily better than 6. Don't know if I'd put it over any of the others, but it's been very enjoyable.

The Family Matters series finale is pretty good. When you think of all the zaniness that occured, Urkel going to space isn't that bad.

The last episode prior to the finale is amazing, that's where Laura and Steve get engaged. Steve proposes to her using the same ring he gave her when they worked on a science project together back in 91. Awesome stuff.

Also, Laura decided she liked Steve at the beginning of the last season. The last season had Steve and Stefon both wanting her and Laura liking both, but she chose Steve.

Judy, Rachel, Richie, Mother Winslow, Harriet 1 and Waldo all left the show. Rachel was still "around", she was never shown and in the final Christmas episode she was visiting a sick aunt. They ever explained Richie or Mother Winslow, but Waldo moved to NYC to go to culinary school.

I also remember Eddie wanting to be a cop.

Eddie wanted to be a cop, but white Harriet got him bussed down to metre maid. But he got in a chase anyway and white Harriet realised she should accept that he wants to be a cop

My favourite episode is the one where the Urkelbot goes to a job interview but breaks down, so Urkel has to own up to his lie. The person giving the interview is so impressed by Urkel's honesty that he gives him the job.

Eddie wanted to be a cop, but white Harriet got him bussed down to metre maid. But he got in a chase anyway and white Harriet realised she should accept that he wants to be a cop

You'd think the Chicago Police Department wouldn't demote some guy just because his Mom is afraid he'll get shot!

On the BET marathon, they followed the two part finale with a first season episode. It was kind of odd to go from The Wacky Adventures of Urkel and Twelve Other Zany Characters Played by Jaleel White to a second rate Cosby Show knockoff.

Watched my yearly viewing of 3000 Miles to Graceland. Good, fun, action movie, with comedy sprinkled in. It holds up for me every time I watch it. One of my favorite Kevin Costner performances, and I'm a guy who's liked pretty much all of his work. Also saw Knowing last night. Not a great movie, or even a good movie. But it had some good cgi, decent suspense at times, and Nicholas Cage usually brings the goods whether his movies suck or not. The ending kinda left a weird taste in my mouth, not necessarily a good weird. Just kind of left me feeling indifferent towards the movie. I liked it enough to pick it up when it hits Blockbuster's 4 for 20. I recently enjoyed Race to Witch Mountain and Watchmen in the last few weeks as well.

Sean Penn Set for The Three Stooges!

Source: Variety

March 25, 2009

MGM and the Farrelly brothers are closing in on their cast for The Three Stooges, reports Variety.

The studio has set Sean Penn to play Larry, and negotiations are underway with Jim Carrey to play Curly, with the actor already making plans to gain 40 pounds to approximate the physical dimensions of Jerome "Curly" Howard.

The studio is zeroing in on Benicio Del Toro to play Moe.

The film is a comedy built around the antics of the three characters that Moe Howard, Larry Fine and Howard played in the Columbia Pictures shorts.

Production will begin in early fall for a release sometime in 2010. The Farrellys, who wrote the script, are producing with their Conundrum partner Bradley Thomas, and Charlie Wessler.

Even Anne F'ing Frank could see how awful that will end up.

Did you perchance mean Helen F'ing Keller?

And yeah, the Neo-Stooges sounds awful on paper.

i would much rather see a movie where penn, carrey, and del toro play the stooges. carrey could pull off iggy pop pretty well.

I did not. I knew what I meant.

Also, I saw a DVD titled "Vacancy 2" on a store shelf. Those crazy DTV sequels.

Actually it's a prequel.

In excellent news for fans of David Simon he's begun shooting the pilot for 'Treme, his new series which focuses on residents of New Orleans' Lower Ninth Ward. Wire fans will be pleased to see Wendell Pierce (Bunk Moreland) and Clark Peters (Lester Freamon) on the show.

Trailer for Where The Wild Things Are is out. Looks fantastic.

That's a really good trailer, as well as the second children's movie to have a trailer that made me tear up a little for a second.