TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest NYankees

Comments that which don't warrant a thread

Jon Lovitz was on Comics Unleashed With Byron Allen last night. It was kind of depressing. I don't expect Lovitz to be some kind of huge box office star but you'd think he'd be getting cool character parts but he isn't even getting that.

Has anybody else seen Comics Unleashed with Byron Allen? I wish I could say I haven't.

Jon Lovitz was on Comics Unleashed With Byron Allen last night. It was kind of depressing. I don't expect Lovitz to be some kind of huge box office star but you'd think he'd be getting cool character parts but he isn't even getting that.

Has anybody else seen Comics Unleashed with Byron Allen? I wish I could say I haven't.

I've seen it before. To say it's nothing special is an understatement.

I hate slash. I just, I really hate slash. More specifically I hate the majority of slash writers. If they would just admit "yeah, I like seeing these cute guys (or girls I guess) fuck" then I wouldn't have a problem. But OH NO, it's 100% in canon to have House ram his meat-cane into Wilson. It's what those characters would totally do. Twats. And I've seen Homestar/Strong Bad slash. That's the worst.

Metalocalypse slash makes no sense to me, considering that everyone in the band essentially hates each other. Hell, Slash in itself makes no sense. "Hey, here's two guys who hate each other and have no interest in each other sexually. Let's read/write about them fucking."

Not that you probably care, but hatefuck is one of the primary motivating forces of slash.

Oh, and if it were me, I'd have went Skwisgaar/Pickles (just imagining the wordplay in such a a scene has me in hysterics), and Toki/Rockso.

The only OTP (God, I hate terms like that) that I generally like on a TV show is Dean Venture and Triana Orpheus. It's so awkward, it's hilarious (and yes, even a little cute.) I just hope it all ends with Dean finally getting laid...then becoming a total dick. Come on, the thought of that is funny.

Man that mug shot is pretty... out there. Think I'll add Andy Dick to Death Watch 2009 list.

I'm starting to think he'll be dead before then. It's only a matter of time really.

Oh dude it just got better, the Cyclops is a canibal, but a bear came out of no where and saved Walker, then Walker and the Bear spent like 30 seconds having a staredown and the bear backed down

GOLD.

BOTH Coreys, actually. And that Jamison Newlander guy. And Kiefer Sutherland...................'s younger half-brother Angus. But the writer and director are both exclusively experienced in direct-to-video crap, so don't expect too much here.

I didn't even realize that was the other Corey. They should have had him play the same character.

Yeah, it wasn't that great but it was alright. If you mark out to references to the original like me, it's worth checking out.

I didn't even realize that was the other Corey. They should have had him play the same character.

Or did he, and I just didn't realize it? Is that why he drove off in the truck with him at the end?

Here is the trailer for RED based on the Jack Ketchum novel. It looks like it might be just as good, if not better than THE GIRL NEXT DOOR and THE LOST (two of the better direct to DVD films this year).

I'm not sure what to make of this news........Monster Squad was one of my absolute favorite movies when I was a youngin'

Bloody Disgusting reports that Rob Cohen ("XXX," "Stealth") will produce a remake of the 1987 cult classic "Monster Squad" for Paramount Pictures.

The original, directed by Fred Dekker and co-penned by Shane Black, followed a group of kids hunting down Dracula and his minions who are attempting to take over the world. Cohen himself executive produced the project.

Cohen says "I am talking with Paramount about the ownership rights, we just found out that because of all the different companies being bought and sold, (it was so hard to do) but we believe all the rights are back at Paramount. I have been waiting to finish this (third Mummy) film, to really start the talks about remaking it. Maybe I would direct, maybe someone else with me producing. I really think highly of that that film...I mean, how great is it with The Mummy, the Wolfman, The Creature from the Black Lagoon, Dracula, Frankenstein they all were in it! It would be a prime remake!"

I finally saw The TV Set last night on one of the on demand channels and I really enjoyed it. One of the most depressing comedies I've seen in a while (and I mean that in a good way). One minor fault is the antagonists are wildly sympathetic. I guess you can't fault a movie for having antagonists that are too unlikeable but some mildly sympathetic traits would have been nice for the evil network executives. Again, it's a very minor complaint.

I've got to say though the guy who played the dopey star of the sitcom stole the show for me. I don't think I'd seen him before this.

Sorry to reopen old wounds, but while passing the two hours or so sitting in the theater waiting for Dark Knight to begin, I got to talking about Metalocalypse slash. The solution seems to be to find the most horrible, disgusting pairing to kill the phenomenon. We came up with: Fatty Ding Dongs/Mustakrakish.

Union City. It wasn't so bad, I mean, I wasn't waiting in line for two hours, I already had the ticket. I know El Brujo waited close to that long too, because he texted me a couple times while we were waiting.

Guest The Elements of Style

K, so I was watching Gilmore Girls on ABC Family this afternoon and after it was this show called The Secret Life of the American Teenager which is like a cross between Juno, 7th Heaven, after-school specials, and John Hughes films, and is just irretrievably horrible. The dialogue is hackneyed, the characters are contrived, Molly Ringwald is starting to look pretty bad, and there is not one well-executed aspect to this show, especially in comparison to its lead-in this afternoon. THAT BEING SAID oh holy shit would I bang that pregnant girl.

EDIT: also the boy who likes the pregnant band geek girl is I SWEAR like unintentionally the reincarnation of Danny Tanner it is uncanny

Union City. It wasn't so bad, I mean, I wasn't waiting in line for two hours, I already had the ticket. I know El Brujo waited close to that long too, because he texted me a couple times while we were waiting.

Was that by choice? I didn't have a wait at all at the theater on Shattuck.

By choice, as once you have tickets, you'll get to see the show, but the later you wait to go in, you'll just have to take whatever seats you can find.

I suppose we could have saved our seats and went to Starbucks or something, but it was just a matter of sit and wait one place or sit and wait another. No big deal, half the time when I get together with friends all we do is sit around and bullshit anyway.

Criterion is releasing "Vampyr" Tuesday, and re-releasing "Salo" August 26. I'm totally getting "Vampyr."

K, so I was watching Gilmore Girls on ABC Family this afternoon and after it was this show called The Secret Life of the American Teenager which is like a cross between Juno, 7th Heaven, after-school specials, and John Hughes films, and is just irretrievably horrible. The dialogue is hackneyed, the characters are contrived, Molly Ringwald is starting to look pretty bad, and there is not one well-executed aspect to this show, especially in comparison to its lead-in this afternoon. THAT BEING SAID oh holy shit would I bang that pregnant girl.

EDIT: also the boy who likes the pregnant band geek girl is I SWEAR like unintentionally the reincarnation of Danny Tanner it is uncanny

I think I saw my mom watching an interview with the lead character. Is that the show about apregnant 15 year old girl? I'm guessing so since you said, "pregnant band geek girl."

Criterion is releasing "Vampyr" Tuesday, and re-releasing "Salo" August 26. I'm totally getting "Vampyr."

Salo is better, but there's no need for this. The Salo release had nothing on it, and there's been a release from another company that equals it.