TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest danglad311

Super Mario Brothers Super Show!

Guest danglad311

….and one of the greatest shows in the history of media is finally available on DVD.

The Super Mario Brothers Super Show!

For those not initiated, it’s an amazing hybrid of live action and cartoons featuring the Super Mario Brothers, including Captain Lou Albano as Mario. Seriously, you must get this. It’s 4 DVDs of 24 eps and has special content, including an interview with said Captain. Check it Out.

I was just talking to one of my friends, and we remembered that episode when they were in the Old West, and instead of guns they had.......

Snakes!!.....

that shot.......

FIREBALLS?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!?

anyone else remember some gems from the series?

I've had the set since it first came out and its a great watch, even through it was all corny as hell. It's still great to watch.

I've had the set since it first came out and its a great watch, even through it was all corny as hell. It's still great to watch.

Guest Smues

DO THE MARIO! Swing your arms from side to side. Come on it's time to go do THE MARIO. Take one step and then again. Let's do THE MARIO all together now. You got it. It's THE MARIO! DO THE MARIO! Swing your arms from side to side. Come on it's time to go do THE MARIO. Take one step and then again. Let's do THE MARIO all together now. Come on now. Just like that.

Two things I'll probably find funny looking back comparing Super Mario Bros. Super Show to today:

1)How quickly Captain Lou shriveled up after the Super Show

2)How much different Mario's voice sounds compared to the game voice.

I got an old DVD they put out of this, and I liked the Zelda cartoons better. I still plan to Netflix both, though

I don't think he's saying "fuck" there, but it's pretty hard to hear what he's actually saying due to the laugh track.

But yeah, I loved watching this show after school as a kid...I was right in Nintendo's target demo and ate up anything Mario related at the time. This series was definitely superior to the later one based on Super Mario World.

The Zelda cartoon rocked...the only crappy thing was there was a pretty slim number of episodes of it, so it seemed like you'd see the same ones over and over. The animation was better than the Mario cartoon, it seemed like.

From a personal standpoint, if Mario was still popular enough today to warrant one...

I'd love to see how a Mario series today would be handled. A lot has changed since the Super Mario World cartoon, with Wario, his series of characters, and such.