TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
luke-o

Aries the center of a media controversy

http://www.tnawrestlingnews.com/headlines/147561313.shtml

Well this is going to do wonders for his suspension.

Whoops. Great example of the ordinary public being shocked about something that's totally commonplace in wrestling. The key issues here are:

1. Did the kid or his mom sign a waiver?

2. Did they ask him if he was underage?

3. Is the kid lying to his mom so she won't get pissed at him about the wrestlers "forcing" him to get back in the ring and take the chops, or is that what really happened?

The headline is misleading. The article says he only met Austin Aries. It doesn't say anything about Austin giving him a beating.

I have a feeling the mother has selective hearing as well. Hopefully having a buncha witnesses there will clear this up. He signed on for it, he got what he should've got.

Hmm..he signed onto a wrestling camp..did he think they were going to hit each other with pillows and sip on lemonade all day?

I don't know. I can see this story both ways. On the one hand, maybe the mother is just over-reacting. Also, how do you get a fever from being hit on the chest?

On the other hand, it's not like it's unbelievable that a group of pro-wrestlers would take some "liberties" with a trainee, either. I mean, how often do we hear stories about new wrestlers getting harassed in WWE?

Also, how do you get a fever from being hit on the chest?

Skin infection from the wounds. It's happened before.

One important point: nothing in that report said he "signed on". As in, signed a waiver. That's REALLY important for this sort of thing, especially with an underaged minor. If even one of the witnesses backs up the kid's version of the story, the wrestlers could be in deep shit.

Well nothing more has been said, so I think it's safe to say that this story dies here.

I can just see this mother on television, hair up in curlers, "I was in Chuck E. Cheese while my son got slapped. Slapped so hard that you could see the imprint of a man's hand on his chest!?!!?!?!? He said he was screaming for them to stop... why didn't they stop slapping my boy?"

And the system does work, sissy-boy almost passes out, and doesn't want to fake-fight anymore.

It would have been better if the kid damaged his kidneys hitting the ropes wrong, then his mom would be in an uproar about him being anally violated.

Stupid kids.

Guest Heel Heat
Just goes to show that wrestlings not as fake as people think it is.

On the contrary it goes to prove yet again that pro wrestlers have the need to take liberties with guys in training because what they do is fake and will never be taken seriously. Its fake fighting, im tired of insecure wannabe tough guys (Holly and Bubba Ray come to mind) who put real offense against a guy that isnt giving back any real defense, thats tough? This kid was new to training and someone took liberties to actually hurt him? Fuck these guys, im sick of this "what we do is real" shit, no its not, its entertaining yes, but are you a tough guy? No, your a stuntman.

Just goes to show that wrestlings not as fake as people think it is.

On the contrary it goes to prove yet again that pro wrestlers have the need to take liberties with guys in training because what they do is fake and will never be taken seriously. Its fake fighting, im tired of insecure wannabe tough guys (Holly and Bubba Ray come to mind) who put real offense against a guy that isnt giving back any real defense, thats tough? This kid was new to training and someone took liberties to actually hurt him? Fuck these guys, im sick of this "what we do is real" shit, no its not, its entertaining yes, but are you a tough guy? No, your a stuntman.

What the fuck are you talking about? No one beat the shit out of him, he got chopped. Chops are suppose to have contact with someones chest so it looks and sounds real. Yes its a direct slap to the chest and yes they sting and leave a mark sometimes a bruise but thats it. Oh someone got bruised, oh my God!

I've been though some training and I'm going to start training again soon and let me tell you something, the chops aren't shit! Everyone gets chopped, chops are now a big part of wrestling, everyone takes them, everyone gives them. Its a slap to your chest, its not a big deal. I bet you the ropes most likely hurt him more because he bounced off the ropes for the first time.

Let me let you in on a little secret about training Heat. The point of training is that you take the moves so your body can get used to them. Hitting the ropes for the first couple of times does NOT feel good. Hitting the ropes over and over again so your body can get used to where the ropes hit, does NOT feel good. The ropes have left bruises against my body but i'm going to bitch about it. I've been bodyslammed multiple times so my body can get used to it and I can learn how to bump correctly but I didn't bitch about it.

I've been spine bustered, slammed, punched, kicked, had an elbow dropped on me, chopped, clotheslined, elbowed off the ropes, thrown off the top rope, I've gone though much more than what this kid went though and the chops aren't anything compared to some of the pain I went though. Have you ever gotten a good spinal tap? Have you ever gotten a bad spinal tap? Hell have you ever made a spinal tap bad even though you were taking it? Do you even know what a Spinal Tap is Heel Heat?

I've taken bad bumps and I was bruised because of it, I've taken good bumps and I've been bruised because of it. Being beaten up is apart of training, it helps toughen up your body so in the future its easier for your body to take the moves that are given to you. This kid and his mother is bitching because he got a few bruises on his chest? He should wait a few days and see what bruises develop because he hit the ropes for the first times.

Oh and Hardcore Holly and Bubba Ray shouldn't even be put in this discussion. These guys didn't try to injure someone like Hardcore Holly does and yes Bubba Ray is a bit stiff, we've heard the stories that he can be stiffed but he doesn't do it all the time and he takes care of people in the ring. Using those two people as examples to this post is useless.

Sorry if absolutely everyone and their mother knows this, but what is a spinal tap? I've never heard that term used in wrestling discussions before.

Aries said on his website that he was not there for the chop intiation.

But apparently the kid was asked if he was sure, and he was 3rd in line so he knew what was coming.

Man people are dumb.

The same exact thing happened to me during my training. Did I cry? No. It was an initiation by the other wrestlers to the students. Everyone got chopped. It leaves marks, but they are something to be proud of because you've been accepted by the people you work with.

Sorry if absolutely everyone and their mother knows this, but what is a spinal tap? I've never heard that term used in wrestling discussions before.

A spinal tap is a kick to someone's back. Its set up like this, Wrestler A is sitting straight up and Wrestler B kicks Wrestler A in the back. Normally on tv you'll hear annoucer just call it a brutal kick to the back but its called a Spinal Tap.

It was certainly called that in the 2nd WWF Attitude game, whatever that was called.

I was confused and thinking they were giving Scroby medical procedures...