TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
k thx

Admin: Why do you own the site?

Not as in the circumstances that led to you taking over, more why do you do it.

It seems you pay money each month to be harassed by members on a board you don't post on.

That’s pretty correct, I am not sure what keeps me supporting this site, it may just have to do with something back in 99' or 98 whenever I started managing the servers for Scott Keith and then he didn't want the forums anymore so I took them on. It does look pretty nice on a resume as well saying you own a site which gets nearly 10 million hits a month too. Google ads help pay for the site and the poker thing is actually doing better than Google ads, however that requires extra money being fronted on my part, but better returns. I like to see a prospering online community of users, is why I am still here and I feel if I let the site go, that’s a lot of work, not only done by me, but hundreds others in the last few years all gone down the drain. Look @ our stats, over 2million post and counting by several thousand a day! If TSM was not here tomorrow, what would you guys do? j/w, its not going anywhere for @least another year according to contract.

I think the question is why do I get “harassed” by the members? I know many of you guys think I am a “bot” or “computer” with automated answers, but in reality I am no different than all of you, the users. If anyone has a problem with me, address it with me, PM me or let me know, rather than jumping to conclusions and making rumors or such.

How’s that for a computer generated response?

Guest CWMwasmurdered

I think most of us don't like that the mod staff usually don't seem to care to tell the posters why they do things.

When a poster is banned it'd be really nice if the mods would straight away make a thread (or use one all purpose thread) to explain why the poster was axed.

And like when you decided to delete the gimmicks, if we had been warned before hand maybe we could have helped to come up with ideas to allievate the problem without deleteing the gimmicks. Thanks again for holding off on that btw.

To be honest on that part, I use too be all into it...

The days of the Giant, Eric Bischoff, Hogan, and the other ones where my days.

But when the NWO, WCW, WWF and all those started falling apart and merged is when I lost interest.

Also, a buddy of mine does the indoor pyrotechnics, which we did several shows for wrestling, across southern Texas. The superdome in San Antonio is where we did most of the shows. The ones which WCW we were called only on occasion and partnered with their normal crews, since you have to be licensed by state now. Since the nightclub in New York and 9/11 though rules and licensing on who all can setup and fire the shows changed things and that's when I began to fade out of that. The one we did the most for was when Houston started a wrestling league, which I met Booker T and his brother & several other guys.

He only does outdoor shows now, like the Lackland AFB in San Antonio is the only one I help him with now, which is 2 full days of setup.

If you were to ask that question a few years ago, I could of written you several paragraphs on what I thought. One thing that's amazing is the stunt work that's involved in it. Doing those shows, we were there all the day many times and the wrestlers are there quite a bit too, acting and preparing for different moves and those stages are designed for maximum noise on impact.

Those were my wrestling days/memories.

How much does this board cost, anyways? Just in case I felt like dropping a few hundred bucks to smite my enemies.

I think the question is why do I get “harassed” by the members? I know many of you guys think I am a “bot” or “computer” with automated answers, but in reality I am no different than all of you, the users. If anyone has a problem with me, address it with me, PM me or let me know, rather than jumping to conclusions and making rumors or such.

I'm pretty sure that you're just an easy target because you have "admin" in your name and a lot of the members on here fuck with somebody just to fuck with someone. I think hardly anyone honestly dislikes you or actually thinks you are a computer. It's just a cheap and easy joke.

That's a neat story about the pyro by the way. As someone who's heyday of wrestling fandom was 1998-2002, I have to say you're really not missing much. People tune into Raw to see how much Cena will get booed but that's about it as far as the entertainment goes.

Have you guys in Admin ever thought about putting up a forum history section about how this site got started? I think it would be interesting to read about how it's evolved over the years. It would also be great to post old threads of when WCW and the original ECW where still around, just to see the kind of topics people were discussing.

I think we lost a lot of early stuff when Dames broke the board a few years ago.

The history is simple: Scott Keith bailed on his site TheSmarks along with it's forum, some posters decided to throw the cash in to keep it and renamed it TheSmartMarks. TSM as it is has only been around since 2002, so WCW and ECW were pretty much finished by that point.