TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
chirs3

Polls are great!

Two Questions For Ya  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Should we have a House Rules title?

• Yes, we should have a title exclusively for House Rules match!
    • No, we should keep it relegated to the Hardcore Title.
    • No, House Rules should be done independently of titles.
  2. 2. Should we allow tag teams written by one person?

• Yes, we should!
    • No, we shouldn't!

These are not flat "If you say yes, we will start right away" ala the Commentator Poll. I just want to get a general feel for how you guys feel about these two suggestions brought up in the State of the Union thread.

I kind of like the idea of a House Rules Title, if people are interested in it. I remember when Zyon won the Hardcore Title, and we started drowning him in House Rules, he expressed some distaste for the notion, and left the Hardcore Division soon after. This could cleanly seperate the two divisions, and allow people who just want to have a little fun to do so.

The Tag Team thing I'm iffier on, but we really have no teams at the moment, so I am willing to entertain the possibility.

Vote, and discuss!

Please!

Pretty please!

I say change the Hardcore into the House Rules Title (Just to change it up a bit).

And always duos with the tags. It's a hallmark of the SWF to have actual teams, rather than simply one person writing two people. Hopefully it'll stay that way.

I say no for one-man tag teams, even though if it were allowed i'd probably consider doing it.

For House rules, either a separate title or a non-title thing would be my choice. Leave actual hardcore for the hardcore belt, though i don't know if there's a big enough roster and enough demand for two separate divisions right now.

I did plenty of "House Rules" matches during my time with the title - really violent, bloody, nasty "House Rules" matches

Hardly any comedic ones though (could be because of my character? :o) - I think "Comedy House Rules" should be done regardless of title and more in relation to characters while the ones that invite exessive violence *thumbs up* should go with the Hardcore divsion (champion or challengers looking for a shot)

As for teams - I'd agree with the 2 people writing team if we weren't in such a slump team wise it could even be a temporary measure.

Agreed - I think the one-man teams should be a last resort, but I'm trying to come up with future opponents for Johnsonosity, and... uh... there aren't any.

Yet, anyway.

So that last resort may be coming sooner than we think. :(

We have too many titles and not enough challengers as it is. One minute the roster's too small, the next we're pitching on a new title? Crazy, man. I voted keep them seperate, but there's no way of voting for that and also saying It'd be cool for the HCG Title to have House Rules Matches once in a while, assuming the Champ is cool with it.

Hey, why not a House Rules Tournament? And yes, despite my distaste for tournaments, that's a serious suggestion. Give the guys who aren't doing much (who are the people who get House Ruled'd anyway) something to strive for. 'King Of House Rules'. Make it an unofficial title if need be, like a crown instead of a belt or something. That'd be cool.

Tag teams by one person? Eh. I've got 7 characters in the OATOAST and that only works because it's a co-op fed rather than a competitive fed. I'm a no on that one.

Hey, why not a House Rules Tournament? And yes, despite my distaste for tournaments, that's a serious suggestion. Give the guys who aren't doing much (who are the people who get House Ruled'd anyway) something to strive for. 'King Of House Rules'. Make it an unofficial title if need be, like a crown instead of a belt or something. That'd be cool.
A 7 foot tall trophy that makes all the belt wearing champions feel inadequate or in contrast something totally weird like a gold plated over sized clown hammer with an inscription ;)

I'm sort of with Bruce, I think; occasional House Rules matches are alright for the Hardcore Title, but not all the time by any means. I don't think they should be allowed near the other titles, and we CERTAINLY don't want a title just for them NO WAY IN HELL.

As for tag teams, one person teams would bulk the division out while two-person teams obviously mean less work for each person, so i don't think they'd diminish in popularity beyond what they are now... which is virtually non-existant.

You wanna increase tag teams? Lose the International belt. Then you've got Hardcore, CW, and World. Anyone who doesn't want or doesn't fit into any of those categories needs to be in a tag team for chance at gold. Just a thought.

House Rules should be done independently of any particular title, but if the situation is ripe can be tossed in a title match. But not relegated to just title matches and no belt for it, nuh-uh.

As unreliable as it can be sometimes, I still prefer the two-man tag-team as opposed to a single person writing one. Granted, all sorts of things can happen with partners getting shafted by real life, but it's more of a challenge to have two actual people doing it instead of one person just doing it all.

Edited by janusd

You wanna increase tag teams? Lose the International belt.

I disagree. Dump the Cruiserweight Title before the International, because the nature of the International Title throughout it's run has been the Cruiserweight Title with heavier competitors. Of course, I'd lose the Hardcore before I lost either of those two, but that'll have people out for my head, so you didn't read that.

Guest The Satanic Angel

I voted for a separate House Rules title, though I would also go with House Rules matches outside of titles (unless a champion agreed to a House Rules match).

I also voted for one person writing a tag team. As expressed in the State of the Union thread, I think the idea is wonderful, and would create greater chemistry (methinks). Also, I would like to be able to switch wrestlers. I get tired of writing the same style week in and week out.

I agree with JJ on this (gotta love the two former champs with this idea :P). Our last three world champions have all been cruisers. What does that say about the cruiser belt?

Though merging titles is always better than dropping titles completely. Dropping the INT doesn't make sense. That's THE upper-midcard title. Remember how much Raw sucked with only one title? Good idea in principle, but sooo easy to fuck up.

The only reason the last three world champs have been cruisers is because most of the roster is of that weight class.

The only belt meant to judge the best of a certain weight is the CW title... the other titles promote being the best of a certain division or the fed as a whole.

Just because Landon is a cruiserweight doesn't mean we shouldn't have a CW title. Akira, you were just the CW champion, but that doesn't mean you would have what it takes to take down Maddix. You might, but I'm sure Maddix (character-wise and writer-wise) would rather be seen as the best in the fed rather than simply "the best cruiserweight", which is what that particular title denotes.

You interpreted that backwards. The Cruiserweight champion, in theory, is the best cruiser. Meanwhile, if Landon, of ELM had stepped down to the cruiserweight divison, it'd be a piece of cake.

You interpreted that backwards. The Cruiserweight champion, in theory, is the best cruiser. Meanwhile, if Landon, of ELM had stepped down to the cruiserweight divison, it'd be a piece of cake.
It would? Man, I need to get back into the Cruiserweight Division... I just can't have my favorite division be seen as inferior to the likes of Maddix... ;)

I maintain the belief that the strength of a division is relative to whom the division is built around. There weren't a lot of people, for example, who felt as if Tom Flesher or Scott Pretzler were inferior to Toxxic and Johnny Dangerous, the respective "Heavyweight" Champions at the time.

A quality writer as WCC with an engaging storyline beats a lackluster WHC with no storyline, even if he's a good writer; as Flesher used to preach, it's about plots, not spots.

I disagree. Dump the Cruiserweight Title before the International, because the nature of the International Title throughout it's run has been the Cruiserweight Title with heavier competitors. Of course, I'd lose the Hardcore before I lost either of those two, but that'll have people out for my head, so you didn't read that.
At least the Hardcore division has something that sets it apart from the CW/Internation stuff - only real difference there is that 4-5 people are excluded from challenging for the CW title, that's about it.

At least the Hardcore division has something that sets it apart from the CW/Internation stuff...
And what is that, exactly?

And Cruiserweight Division has NG matches. And better workrate.

it has "NG"? what's NG? and you're saying that the Hardcore title is MORE like the International or World title in it's contenders and match types and so on than the Cruiserweight title?

and as for workrate - is that restricted to just the CW matches? How about the International matches? most of the world title matches

Because 75% of the guys in the Int or World are actually Cruisers (hell the fed) that division doesn't stand out as much as it did in WCW where the "top guys" were definitly NOT Cruisers

it has "NG"? what's NG? and you're saying that the Hardcore title is MORE like the International or World title in it's contenders and match types and so on than the Cruiserweight title?

and as for workrate - is that restricted to just the CW matches? How about the International matches? most of the world title matches

Because 75% of the guys in the Int or World are actually Cruisers (hell the fed) that division doesn't stand out as much as it did in WCW where the "top guys" were definitly NOT Cruisers

NG = No Gravity. The brainchild of Tod deKindes, and staple of the Cruiserweight Division.

And, Bruce, what I was asking was what is it that you think is unique to the Hardcore division? Tables, Ladders? Chairs? Gore? The best gore/hardcore writer, IMHO, was Dace Night, and I don't believe that he ever competed in the Hardcore division.

The IN division? You've seen the garbage I've written; no workrate there...

And, I may be mistaken, but I'm pretty sure that everybody in the Hardcore Division not named Bruce Blank is technically a cruiserweight, too, so I guess it doesn't stand out, either... ;)

Sign in to follow this