TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
chirs3

Polls are great!

Two Questions For Ya  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Should we have a House Rules title?

• Yes, we should have a title exclusively for House Rules match!
    • No, we should keep it relegated to the Hardcore Title.
    • No, House Rules should be done independently of titles.
  2. 2. Should we allow tag teams written by one person?

• Yes, we should!
    • No, we shouldn't!

Only Pure Rules would be extremely limiting, because the stipulation itself gets cliche, and because I always saw Pure Rules as a staple of the Cruiserweight Division; at least, it was during my reign, and I know Windy had one. I'd much prefer the INT to be just old-school without being stuck on just one thing.

You could've jobbed to Mr. the Doom, then.
The last time I willingly jobbed a belt to somebody, the fucker turned around and quit the fed a month later, without dropping the title. :angry:

No thanks. I'll wait on someone to take it from me.

What kind of douchebag would... oh yeah. (Seriously I still regret that).

I don't think we should limit House Rules to a division or strictly for the hardcore division. It always seemed best when they were peppered into cards occasionally and not overdone. Pure Title rules for the INT sounds good for the readers (since the division could pull it off well) but would be a headache for the writers. Plus, let's be honest, who the hell seems to read shows anymore?

Again, i think each belt meaning something might be good - we could even bring in Pure Wrestling rules for the International belt?
No. Not only no, but hell no.

... Incidentally, and please don't think that I'm blowing my own trumpet here - I am the only post-SJL writer to win the World Title. Toxxic and Wes are the only post-SJL characters to win the World Title. J3's come within spitting distance twice, Hawke had a good chance but the misfortune to come up against a really good writer. But come on, is it really true that only one person who's joined the fed since the SJL folded is capable of winning the big one?
Well, let's see:

Edward James - quit after a few weeks; frequent no-shower

Austin Sly - known to take indefinite leaves of absence

Todd Cortez - quit after two years

Martin Hunt - quit after a few weeks

Max King - known to take indefinite leaves of absence

Heath Black - quit after a week

Chance Silver - quit after a week

Candace Okimurra/Carnage - yeah, right

David Cross - quit after a few weeks. Came back, and quit again... may or may not be back again; I'm not sure.

Uncle Filthy - yeah, right

Evan Wolfe - quit after a few weeks

RKade - quit after first match

Tokyo-X - yeah, right

JT Playa - I have to write a match?

Scott Pretzler - Had a great nine months or so, and then dropped off the face of the earth :(

Jay Hawke - next in line for a title shot

JJ Johnson - right after Hawke in terms of title contention

Mohammed Koran - bitch please

Bryan Rodgers - quit after a couple of weeks

Zyon - still working his way up the ranks

Nick Blum - quit after a couple of weeks

Ghost Machine - next...

Steven Brody - Who?

Marcus Ward - quit after a couple of weeks

Bruce Blank - still working his way up the ranks

Akira Kaibatsu - still working his way up the ranks

Haffy - yeah, right

Jason Von Dierch - quit after a week

Kevin Coyote - on an indefinite leave of absence

The 70s Dude - on an indefinite leave of absence

Michael Cross - still working his way up the ranks

Grendel - still working his way up the ranks

So... you tell me...

If you take out Hawke and J³, both of whom are in line for a shot, which of those guys, beside Cortez and Pretzler, should even have been considered for a title? And, try to keep in mind that Toxxic is the exception and not the rule: in fact, with the exception of Toxxic and Va'aiga, I'm reasonably certain that everybody else to have been WHC had been in the WF for at least a year.

And let's not overlook the role that the JL played in weeding out the Chance Silvers and JT Playas of the world to begin with. You make it sound like the guys who've joined since the JL folded are being held down, when the fact is that MOST of them aren't worthy, and even some of the ones that are don't stick around.

You don't want it either, huh?

It's not that I don't want it, it's that I'm obviously not ready for it, and I'd appreciate it very much if people would stop lumping me in that category until I am.

And on your list, WC... JT Playa was the "I can't figure out how to work the PM system" guy and TokyoX was the "I have to write a match?!" guy. And both of them were part of the JL for a week or so right after myself and Todd Royal joined in 03.

Jason Von Dierch - quit after a week
You mean quit after a few weeks, came back and bitched about not being booked - then totally no-showed anything he was booked in for 3 shows or so :D

Honestly Pure Rules and Cruiserweight title just don't go together in my book as a rule - yes for some CW champs it'd make sense, but as a rule no, I want to see my cruisers flying high and spotting big. Although if you put it in the CW division then I'd never have to do a Pure rules match 8)

On second thought that's the greatest idea I've ever heard B-)

Both of them? (that want to)

I'm all for trying to suit people's style, interest although at times I think it'd be good for everyone to be challenged by the match type, to go beyond their "comfort zone"

I mean we all know where my comfort zone is, but I think it's good for me as a writer to work outside that a times too - hell that's the whole reason why I am putting Wayne Blank in for a few shows instead of Bruce, to step outside the comfort zone.

I'd find it quite a challenge to write Bruce in a pure rules match, not something that's impossible, but something that challenges my creativity and imagination. Sadly I've seen too many people no show matches that aren't in their comfort zone :(

I can also see the CC issues - do we send out a questionaire where people can check off which match types they'd like to participate in?

and in conclusion. I'm with anyone that's opposed to making a specific title = "one specific match stipulation"

I'm all for trying to suit people's style, interest although at times I think it'd be good for everyone to be challenged by the match type, to go beyond their "comfort zone"

I mean we all know where my comfort zone is, but I think it's good for me as a writer to work outside that a times too - hell that's the whole reason why I am putting Wayne Blank in for a few shows instead of Bruce, to step outside the comfort zone.

I'd find it quite a challenge to write Bruce in a pure rules match, not something that's impossible, but something that challenges my creativity and imagination. Sadly I've seen too many people no show matches that aren't in their comfort zone

Well, I can't co-sign this, as I've no-shown pretty much every single match that I've ever been booked in with a stip that I didn't like, whether it was "Remember the Alamo" or "Snow Bowl" matches in the JL, or an "Away in a Manger" match in the WF. This is indeed partly due to stips of that sort being "outside of my comfort zone," but also due to the bookers and I having different notions of what a "cool idea" for a match is. A rule of thumb for me is that, if I wouldn't want to sit through a match like that if it were on TV, I'm not going to want to write one, either. And an "Away in a Manger" match screams "piss break" to me.

I'm much more comfortable with "old school" stips, like ladder, cage, submission, iron man, and the like. Calvinball? Damnation in a Box? I'm not feeling it.

That's why I said "I think" when talking about going outside the comfort zones, it's just how I look at this personally - of course my comfort zone and your comfort zone seem to be more or less opposite ;)

Then again I have no idea what "Away in a manger" is so who knows if I'd have no showed that one or not.

My point was - "all PR matches" is a bad idea, but a PR rules match now and again isn't a horrible idea even if it's not in everyone's "comfort zone" you know?

Oh, PR is "old school" enough for me; I just don't cotton to the idea that IN title = old school because, if I had to be pigeonholed into a particular style, that wouldn't be the one I'd choose.

Now, if they want to make the IN belt the "PR" title after I lose it, go for it... ;)

Pure Rules isn't old school though - it's a fairly new concept from Ring of Honor.

Old School is a Big Boot and a leg drop *Flexes* or if you will a Flair flop and a Figure Four ;)

What I don't get is what we're discussing here - I agree with you that International title shouldn't just be Pure Rules matches.

Where we differ I guess is that I've got no problems with the occational Pure Rules match even if it's SO not my style.

Oh and then you totally confuse me by first saying you're much more comfortable with "Old school" stipulations, then in the next post you say "old school" isn't your style. Arguing FOR those types of stipulations and then AGAINST it being the characteristics that could define the International division.

:huh: :huh:

And I think you're mistaking stipulation with style here: let's take a hypothetical situation - Int = Old School, so for instance we could have a ladder match as a title defense right?

that's the stipulation = Old School.

Then you take a WildChild ladder match and you take a Bruce Blank ladder match, they'd differ - probably quite a lot. That's style

So just because the International title would be contested in old school matches more than Calvinball etc. doesn't mean that you don't bring your own style of wrestling into that match.

Do you see the difference between Stipulation and Style? the divison matches could be a certain type of stipulations, but the style is totally up to the individual writer. I don't see a problem it in or a limitation or a pidgeonholing of anyone if the titles are divided more by the match types/stipulations to make each of them more unique.

I mean we'd still see high flying in Hardcore matches, ground work in Cruiserweight matches and brawling in International matches.

It's interesting to see what people put in the word "Old School" - it probably means different things to a lot of people.

Oh and then you totally confuse me by first saying you're much more comfortable with "Old school" stipulations, then in the next post you say "old school" isn't your style. Arguing FOR those types of stipulations and then AGAINST it being the characteristics that could define the International division.
That was a misprint; I'd meant to say that I don't cotton to the idea of IN = Pure Rules, and somehow wrote "old school" instead.

Does that make the post any clearer?

LOL yes that's quite a distinction ;)

so in other words, we agree... damn we've spent a lot of posts establishing that LOL

Bah. So we're mostly convinced that we don't want Pure Wrestling for the International Title? Yeah right, just you wait. In three months we'll have it.

What?

My ideas for the International Title get shat on at the time, and 3 months later come true. Such as, oh, merging the ICTV and USJL belts to create the damn thing... :P

Sign in to follow this