TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
luke-o

whats wrong with this picture?

Guest Coffey

This is what they need to do though. They have to give the fans a reason to watch iMPACT! each week and a reason to buy the Pay-Per-Views. Just having nameless face after nameless face go out and kill eight minutes over and over isn't drawing anyone in or giving any of the wrestlers an identity.

What they're doing now, as much as I personally enjoy it, is not working. Buy rates and viewing figures aren't improving, so they do need to do something if they want to continue to grow.

This is what they need to do though. They have to give the fans a reason to watch iMPACT! each week and a reason to buy the Pay-Per-Views. Just having nameless face after nameless face go out and kill eight minutes over and over isn't drawing anyone in or giving any of the wrestlers an identity.

I wonder how people actually ahve forgotten how you dont need alot of talk to get angles over. Alot of what I like is when companys build angles while they still focus on the wrestling. Of course just putting two guys in a match isnt enough, you need to tell a good story and do things to advance that story. But I firmly believe that the amount of in-ring action doesnt have to be shortened to give storylines more importance. Companies can, if they only want, create storylines from an in-ring perspective. I kind of miss that in todays wrestling (with the exception of the godly NOAH promotion of course ;)).

As much as I would love to see Christian as the main guy in the shows, it's obviously gonna be Sting now. I have no problem anyway with the way they're building up this main storyline, seeing as how I've seen the spoilers and how it's all gonna play out.

Yeah but the whole Jarrett story line with the tapes from canada has been going on FOR MONTHS! just end the storyline. We havent heard about the tapes in ages either, have they forgotten about it?

TNA needs a namechange. Not only has the action stopped a lot for in-ring promo's since the company's formation in June of '02, but "Total Nonstop Action" just sounds fucking LAME. They use the NWA as its backer with NWA titles (save for the X-Division title, which is a TNA title all by itself). So...call themselves the NWA. Or have a GOOD name after the NWA initials. "NWA: Xtreme" or something. I dunno.

But "TNA Wrestling," "Total Nonstop Action Wrestling," is fucking lame. Always has been.

Most of the matches were squashes and predictable to get guys like Abyss over, so he could job at the ppv. I enjoy seeing Sting do promos and segments, than Sabin and Dutt beating Skipper and Young