TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Gert T

The 2006 NFL Draft Thread

Just over 2 hours to go!

The draft starts at 12 EST, or 57 minutes from now. I wouldn't want you to miss the 1st hour.

D'oh! My bad. I am at work anyways and I forgot to countback from Eastern time to Mountain time. Hopefully ESPN's drafttracker works this year.

I hope that they have Theisman and Kiper working together today, just because they seem like they are ready to get into a fist fight everytime they see each other.

Guest Smues

The draft takes far too fucking long as it is, do teams really need to drain the clock even when they've already fucked signed their player?

So points when championship Michael?

Gee, aren't the Colts feeling confused right now.

I like picking defense, I don't like picking him at #1. But I think the Saints are even dumber to be thinking about taking Reggie. Trade OUT, if everyone wants him and you don't need him then get something for him.

Reggie may be great but if you don't need him, you don't need him. It happens. The best player doesn't always go at the top, you leave him on the board when you have more important things to worry about. The Texans and the Saints both have more important things to worry about.

I'm not going to complain about the Texans milking the clock... It gives the Saints up to 15 extra minutes to field offers. (I think the Jets will swing the deal, though.)

I'm not going to complain about the Texans milking the clock... It gives the Saints up to 15 extra minutes to field offers. (I think the Jets will swing the deal, though.)

So much for the milking.

Irvin was absoultely obnoxious last night on Sportscenter saying how stupid the Texans were for making the selection. Now that I think about it, the Texans did make the right choice.

"OVERRATED!" *clap clap clap clap clap*

Gotta love the NYC crowd as Williams strides to the podium.

Guest Smues

I almost hope Bush suffers a career ending injury in his first play just to spite Michael Irvin.

Remember the NFL Network is televising the draft as well so if you want to avoid the train wreck of ESPN's coverage I'd switch.

At the end of the day, the Texans never needed a running back. They needed defense, offensive line and help at wide receiver. And I'm guessing they couldn't trade down because the Saints would have grabbed Williams away from them.

Guest Vitamin X

I'm fucking terrified of Hawk now being taken before the Packers get a chance to make the 5th pick. If Hawk is taken, they just might have to trade out because the Packers wouldn't have a need for any of the marquee players at the #5 spot.

I suddenly wish I got the NFL network.

NFL Network isn't treating him like he's god's gift to football but they seem to be extremely happy that the Texans went with a need and not just play stockpile the talent like the Saints seem ready to do.

Irvin was absoultely obnoxious last night on Sportscenter saying how stupid the Texans were for making the selection. Now that I think about it, the Texans did make the right choice.

Carr's still gonna get murdered and Williams will at best get 40 tackles and 8 sacks as a rookie. They're potentially on the hook for $62 million to a guy who won't be able to help them do much of anything since he doesn't address their glaring weakness, or at least alleviate the problem by spreading the defense and giving Carr more options.

The Jets should do whatever it takes to get Bush. If nothing else, you'll at least have some excitement in this upcoming 4-12 to 6-10 season. If they stay put, draft Ferguson and steer clear of the lefty Pennington.

I'm convinced tht they will still be rambling/bitching about Bush, even in the 3rd round and ignoring the actual draft. I'm shocked ESPN2 isn't a REGGIE CAM.

Why the HELL do the Saints fans want to take Bush?!?!

Do these yahoos realize in the NFL, one draft can take you from the bottom to the playoffs or better? You have Duece, you don't need Bush. Deal it, give it to the Jets and take what you need.

Bush may turn out to be god's gift to football, doesn't mean he'll get you to the playoffs.

I don't have the NFL network. Instead I have to witness everyone on ESPN lineup on their knees in front of Bush.

Yes he's a great player. But he's not this "oh my god once in a lifetime player never seen anything like him i can already tell he's going to be a 10 time all pro and the greatest player ever!"